NoName Projact Wip

[=SE_JonF;24090]
Are you referring to mip mapping? The textures will blur at greater distances in order to optimize performance. The scenes look good, I would suggest playing with the lighting a bit more though, and post processing in order to reduce that sort of white wash look you have at the moment. It lacks a bit of atmosphere. Also, the textures look a little too uniformed. Try playing with the roughness/metallic values on some of the different surfaces to add a bit of diversity.
[/]

o.o i have all my roughness (0.7) and metallic (1) set the same over all surfaces

maybe that was not the best of idea and i don’t have an atmosphere effect on the level, so i guess that what i go read up on so i can add it tonight.

and issue i had wasn’t from the distance, it more like the engine stop reading the texture, when i save and reopen level the texture errors correct, so is a bug right?

[=wizzkidsan;24094]
o.o i have all my roughness (0.7) and metallic (1) set the same over all surfaces

maybe that was not the best of idea and i don’t have an atmosphere effect on the level, so i guess that what i go read up on so i can add it tonight.

and issue i had wasn’t from the distance, it more like the engine stop reading the texture, when i save and reopen level the texture errors correct, so is a bug right?
[/]

Yeah you’re going to want to change those values to better reflect the different types of surface, judging by the complexity of the textures you’ll most likely need to incorporate masking to get the most out of it.

When I say atmosphere I mostly mean the look and feel of the level. What sort of atmosphere are you going for? General Sci Fi? Horror Sci Fi? etc… Playing around with Depth of Field, Contrast, Scene Color, Fog, Lighting, etc… Sounds and Particles can also contribute towards this, making your environment seem more alive.

Do you have a photo demonstrating what you’re seeing then? I’m not sure I understand it. I know that whenever I open my level for the first time it takes a bit to load all of the textures properly, they’re blurry for a moment. Not sure if is what you’re referring to. A screen would help.

[=SE_JonF;24104]
Yeah you’re going to want to change those values to better reflect the different types of surface, judging by the complexity of the textures you’ll most likely need to incorporate masking to get the most out of it.

When I say atmosphere I mostly mean the look and feel of the level. What sort of atmosphere are you going for? General Sci Fi? Horror Sci Fi? etc… Playing around with Depth of Field, Contrast, Scene Color, Fog, Lighting, etc… Sounds and Particles can also contribute towards this, making your environment seem more alive.

Do you have a photo demonstrating what you’re seeing then? I’m not sure I understand it. I know that whenever I open my level for the first time it takes a bit to load all of the textures properly, they’re blurry for a moment. Not sure if is what you’re referring to. A screen would help.
[/]

Ah is going to be an mobile game, and from what i read on the documentation most of those option i turn off. is what i have working in the post process volume is:

under Color Scene only these are on:
Vignette intensity = .9

Under Boom:
Boom intensity = 1

Under Auto Exposure:

Min Brightness = 0.2
Brightness = 0.2

Under Misc
AA Method = Temporal AA

And all other post process effect is turn off.

As for the the masking, i have no idea how to do that, i still learning stuff.

I guess I’ll need a texture to mask it with or can i use a constant 3 vector? And would it override my tint ( i using material instancing)?

Man that is amazing, keep up the good work!

Lol i work fast take a look at the now;

Before:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(36).png

And Now:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(37).png

Did I turn up the material setting to high?

Wow you do work fast, I liked the look of the floor textures better in your previous post but that’s just me.

[=thingimibob;24141]
Wow you do work fast, I liked the look of the floor textures better in your previous post but that’s just me.
[/]

Ok will try get the floor close to the last one, i just thought it should be bright since the 2 side light hit that one so i gave that one more reflection over the 2 at side.

so the light bounce from center

is the blend of the both, the old was .6 and the new was .5 roughness so now its .55

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(39).png

That’s looking good!
d4b2ba7b209afb743c9d00d8614b88ff22895f6d.gif

[=thingimibob;24163]
That’s looking good!

[/]

thanks working on other pars of level but how i picture player should be moving around level, using his flashlight for extra light till he figure out how to reboot ship power source.

[=wizzkidsan;24117]
Ah is going to be an mobile game, and from what i read on the documentation most of those option i turn off. is what i have working in the post process volume is:

under Color Scene only these are on:
Vignette intensity = .9

Under Boom:
Boom intensity = 1

Under Auto Exposure:

Min Brightness = 0.2
Brightness = 0.2

Under Misc
AA Method = Temporal AA

And all other post process effect is turn off.

As for the the masking, i have no idea how to do that, i still learning stuff.

I guess I’ll need a texture to mask it with or can i use a constant 3 vector? And would it override my tint ( i using material instancing)?
[/]

Ah my mistake then, I did not realize was for mobile. When it comes to masking, you will need an additional texture. (Typically a mask in R,G, and B channels for optimization). The masking isn’t going to affect your color unless you want it to, what you’d want is to use it to differentiate between the multiple surfaces types in your texture. You can still use material instancing with masks.

These tutorials should get you started on masking in general.Masking part 1 Masking part 2

There should be a SceneColor checkbox in the same tab as Vignette if I recall correctly. You have to hit the down arrow, it’s hidden.

[=SE_JonF;24169]
Ah my mistake then, I did not realize was for mobile. When it comes to masking, you will need an additional texture. (Typically a mask in R,G, and B channels for optimization). The masking isn’t going to affect your color unless you want it to, what you’d want is to use it to differentiate between the multiple surfaces types in your texture. You can still use material instancing with masks.

These tutorials should get you started on masking in general.Masking part 1 Masking part 2

There should be a SceneColor checkbox in the same tab as Vignette if I recall correctly. You have to hit the down arrow, it’s hidden.
[/]

Wow i never saw that option in scenecolor before, thanks for pointing it out, and as for the mask I’m gonna have to figure out what i go do for that, going to open a blank level and experiment with it tomorrow.

Did i mention i didn’t create the textures to you? is a unity import, i bought the asset off unity store for a unity project i gave up on, C# got boring :stuck_out_tongue: don’t know how programmer do it. Was a bad move but none the texture was edited or now the mesh was edited before i imported them from my unity project.

I recently moved to ue4 from unity aswell.

[=thingimibob;24184]
I recently moved to ue4 from unity aswell.
[/]

how is it coming for you?

[=wizzkidsan;24174]
Wow i never saw that option in scenecolor before, thanks for pointing it out, and as for the mask I’m gonna have to figure out what i go do for that, going to open a blank level and experiment with it tomorrow.

Did i mention i didn’t create the textures to you? is a unity import, i bought the asset off unity store for a unity project i gave up on, C# got boring :stuck_out_tongue: don’t know how programmer do it. Was a bad move but none the texture was edited or now the mesh was edited before i imported them from my unity project.
[/]

No problem, it took me a while to figure that one out as well.

I saw that you mentioned it earlier. It isn’t a problem, you’ll just have to make the masks yourself in photoshop with either the pen tool or marquee. It would have been much easier if you had the .psds though, because you could just grab the selections from there. Good luck. =)

[=SE_JonF;24211]
No problem, it took me a while to figure that one out as well.

I saw that you mentioned it earlier. It isn’t a problem, you’ll just have to make the masks yourself in photoshop with either the pen tool or marquee. It would have been much easier if you had the .psds though, because you could just grab the selections from there. Good luck. =)
[/]

I know right, only if i had the psd file, Well will apply some more touches it almost ready to be passed to programmer. Just need to finish 2 room lighting. Hopefully should have some gameplay next week so you guys can see the lighting work and stuff in a video.

great I’m working on a game that’s becoming advanced pretty quickly.

[=thingimibob;24217]
great I’m working on a game that’s becoming advanced pretty quickly.
[/]

I’ll be going into the advance part soon. The mobile scripting and programming gameplay testing.

Use blueprints they will work fine for type of project and there easier.

Out of interest how old are you?