NoName Projact Wip

[=;23348]
Very nice. Looks 10x better, I see your getting the hang of things. :slight_smile: I could use you as a 2nd level designer for my project. :slight_smile:
[/]

o.o hahaha Thanks, and sure hit me up when you would like me to join, be i am on a project myself :stuck_out_tongue: so let hope its after i finish or we can trade skills…

is going to be an android game i working on… it more to give me experience and have a game under my belt as a story writer :P. My big brother doing the gameplay stuff as i can’t use 4.1 so i am in charge of level design in 4.0.2… Anyway i will post a new shot when i figure out how to get the lighting i want in.

Just posting a shot from the new scene :slight_smile:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(23).png

is asset imported directly from my unity project, i never edited any before adding to ue 4, i just added and started my new project creation.

Haven’t touch up any of the texture either.

If you look at my either Image post you will see what they looked like when i imported them at first. Man i love the power of Epic technologies.

is starting to really look solid.

No we’re talking! is looking amazing!!!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/honey74129/Graphics/Applause.gif

One more thing, are the blue lights (the ones near the ceiling) emitting light, or just emissive materials? And the glow around them, is caused by a bloom effect, or?

What are you trying to achieve? Before working on the textures/models you need to have a picture of everything.

• The year
  • The location
  • The technology

If it’s a spaceship, what part/modules is it made from and would it make sense.

Now if you just want to play around with textures I see no reason asking for opinions.

[=;23470]
One more thing, are the blue lights (the ones near the ceiling) emitting light, or just emissive materials? And the glow around them, is caused by a bloom effect, or?
[/]

The specula img signature is too much .

[=Errvald;23543]
What are you trying to achieve? Before working on the textures/models you need to have a picture of everything.

• The year
  • The location
  • The technology

If it’s a spaceship, what part/modules is it made from and would it make sense.

Now if you just want to play around with textures I see no reason asking for opinions.

The specula img signature is too much .
[/]

It a spaceship from a sci-fi universe, but isn’t all sci-fi universe unique to its own causes?
The little project i doing is to get my skill as i am just an idea guy, i only start level design in ue 4 like 2 weeks ago, and the game is about a soldier being sent to find out what happen to an Expedition spaceship that went dark in deep space. So its like a horror/mystery style game, and just so you know i not going for zombies or creature looking aliens. Oh and the ship is just drifting in space and they is no sign of the crew or scientist that was aboard.

And yes those blue lights on the roof are emissive maps, matter of fact all the blue light in the scene is emissive maps., going to spend today working on lighting.

None the less looking decent. You will go far grasshopper. :slight_smile:

Will finish lighting and try make a quick fly through of first hallway.

Kind of reminds me classical first person shooters :slight_smile:

[=;23651]
[/]

O.o how so?

[=;23651]
[/]

It does, doesn’t it?

[=thingimibob;23750]
It does, doesn’t it?
[/]

lol not to me :stuck_out_tongue: what game comes to your mind?

I think the textures look similar to an old Star Wars dark forces level (except your graphics are way better).

[=thingimibob;23789]
I think the textures look similar to an old Star Wars dark forces level (except your graphics are way better).
[/]

o.o i see :stuck_out_tongue: well

[=wizzkidsan;23772]
lol not to me :stuck_out_tongue: what game comes to your mind?
[/]

Maybe you too young :slight_smile: in first shooters that had 2D sprites in 3D space, usally maps that they had was simple squery structures usually with lack of diagonals, lack of arcs, squery rooms squery tunnels some squery boxes and barrels in random places. And when i see your screens in my head i have old shooters i played not only on PC DOS but also my good old Amiga. It’s actually suppricing you not i’m on that, yet you generated some kind of nostalgia in me :stuck_out_tongue:

[=;23791]
Maybe you too young :slight_smile: in first shooters that had 2D sprites in 3D space, usally maps that they had was simple squery structures usually with lack of diagonals, lack of arcs, squery rooms squery tunnels some squery boxes and barrels in random places. And when i see your screens in my head i have old shooters i played not only on PC DOS but also my good old Amiga. It’s actually suppricing you not i’m on that, yet you generated some kind of nostalgia in me :stuck_out_tongue:
[/]

O.o Hahah yep i might be too young to know what you talking about, but see where you was coming from that as the area on the map i was playing with material instancing, haha and before i deleted it i thought i’ll share it.

Right now having some head ache with setting up my post process volume… Boi think a pain for novice to get the hang of. And i feel my 4.0.2 is starting to to fail me, it started to lag and every 1 hour i have to save and restart program as my textures started to look glitch. LOL 4.1 is out and now 4.0 is jealous.

Lol I’m not old enough to know about dark forces but I do.

[=thingimibob;23822]
Lol I’m not old enough to know about dark forces but I do.
[/]

Lol so i guess i have no excuse hahhaha.

anyway here is what i been up to, got a mobile friendly post process volume in and added lighting, for some reason when the light hit some of the texture they render out poorly, or the texture get blurred. Not sure what happen with that but working on figuring it out. Might have to take a break from ue 4 and go learn how to edit textures in photoshop.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(32).png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(33).png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(34).png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(35).png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(36).png

Boi in my 2 years of trying to get into the game industry is the easy tool to learn :smiley:

So what you think of these scenes? What do you feel? any point out?

Are you referring to mip mapping? The textures will blur at greater distances in order to optimize performance. The scenes look good, I would suggest playing with the lighting a bit more though, and post processing in order to reduce that sort of white wash look you have at the moment. It lacks a bit of atmosphere. Also, the textures look a little too uniformed. Try playing with the roughness/metallic values on some of the different surfaces to add a bit of diversity.