Niagara No mesh assigned error

Hi, I’m trying to use niagara to spawn particles from a skeletal mesh. Problem is, when I try to set the skeletal mesh variable it gives a “No mesh assigned error” although I set the “Default Mesh”.

Also this worked in 4.23.1 but stopped working in 4.24

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new project third person template with starter content enabled.

2. Enable the Niagara and Niagara Extras Plugin

3. Create a new Niagara Emitter → fountain.

4. Create a skeletal mesh variable under Particles.

5. Assign the SK_Mannequin skeletal mesh as “Default Mesh”.

6. Gives a “No mesh assigned error”

I also filed a bug report, but wanted to ask if someone might happen to know a workaround (my goal is to spawn particles on the skeletal mesh triangles using niagara).

293747-niagara-skeletal-mesh.png

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Hello, I’m having the exact same issue, did you have any luck solving this problem? I have been searching everywere for some clues on how to solve this but so far no luck…

No, I didn’t solve it. You could look at the content examples though. Open the niagara map and take a look at 3.3 skeletal mesh reproduction. There it’s apparently working (but I don’t need this feature right now, so I didn’t spend my time looking at it, so I can’t tell you whether or not this will solve the issue).