Need to be able to edit old posts

The first post in a thread was where I kept all the up to date information on my product. A lot of people did that. Now I can’t edit it on the new forum. Really need to be able to edit it again.

6 Likes

Is one of my old threads closed? I can’t reply to it. MMO Starter Kit
Really need to be able to continue posting in it.

Same here. I checked out some of my development threads, and want to fix those that are no longer displaying inline images properly… but there’s no Edit capability on existing posts.

Same!

Same here. We commonly use a dedicated forum thread/topic to give support to customers, and we keep the first post always up-to-date with latest info. Having the option to edit them is crucial to provide proper customer service.

Yes, that’s a big problem. I cannot edit a post in the Marketplace thread.

Hey all, while we’re working the right configuration in the backend, I’ve upgraded you all individually which should let you edit your posts. Would you let me know if it’s working?

1 Like

Works for me, thanks!

1 Like

Hi Amanda, could you please also let me edit my posts in my support threads of my Marketplace assets? These threads has links to posts which contain the change logs of the assets. These links stopped working after the forum overhaul and I need to be able to edit them to fix them…

Thank you!

Just as a reference, these are the threads I’m referring to:

Done! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ve just successfully edited my threads!

1 Like

Just a suggestion. Maybe you could automatically assign a higher level to those who have been here a long time. I’ve been on these forums since the UDK days, so being just a notch above someone with a brand new account is like OUCH :open_mouth:

Hi Amanda! Can you also let me edit posts? I understand if you don’t read this thread anymore, but giving it a shot:)

Amanda, could you also allow me to edit old posts? I have some posts whose formatting was broken during the upgrade that’d I’d like to fix.

If there’s room, I’d also like to get on the boat of editing my old posts and fix the formatting…

Or barring that, maybe a guesstimate when the backend configuration might be done?

Absolutely—this is something we’ve been working on, but in the meantime, I’ve upped your level along with @ArthurBarthur, @Doug_Richardson, and @MickyPain.

Let me know if it’s working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m planning to update my shading model soon and I can’t edit my thread to add more information and fix the formatting. I’m not sure if this is the right place for asking this but Amanda, can you give me access to edit my post?

I think it’s working :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Just seeing this now. Thank you! I truly appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Revive this topic?” Searched cannot edit post on unreal forums gave me this as first hit while second is from “autodesk forums” so… I guess it is relevant. Anyways I cannot edit my posts, neither in firefox nor chrome. Example:

Messed up the URL (switched the text with the url itself) and cannot edit the post. Tried editing, it even tells me the post is edited once (despite me trying like 5 times) though there is no actual change.