Plugin 'Steam Shared' failed to load because

For some reason I still cannot commit my edits so here it is as a new post, sorry if I offend moderators for posting it separated.

UPDATE:
Solution found, thanks to a saintly Reddit poster and google letting me find it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/j85uec/advanced_sessions_plugin_problems/

Doobachoo

· 1 yr. ago

Hugz

Indie

are you using blueprints only ? In 4.25 if you want to package out a plugin you have to have at least 1 c++ class in your project. You can achieve this by right clicking in your content browser and adding a new c++ class then just name it dummy or something. Then just sit back and chillaxe while visual complies solutions, Once that’s done then close out your project then open your file explorer and go to project folder. Delete Intermediate / Build / Binary folders then run your project again and hit build when asked. Now you are good to go should be able to package out your game np

Feel free to copy your entire project as a backup before you begin this process if your worried but this will work, its just always good to be safe especially when it comes to stuff you pouring hours into.

Slight difference is that my project Was blueprint only so right click in content browser didn’t allow creation of a cpp class but “file menu/new c++ class” hook me up with an empty dummy class in no time. Did need to start the build on my own in visual studio (which is terribly hard, build menu, build project, wait till done).

And now it all works. I still get “LogPlayLevel: Detected compiler newer than Visual Studio 2019, please update min version checking in WindowsPlatformCompilerSetup.h” but I’m guessing I can solve that later. If nothing else, since apparently I didn’t even need to switch to VS22, I could just go back to '19 and would probably work fine.

Anyways, I’m happy and I hope I helped to spread the knowledge of this wonderful reddit comment. On the other hand if this does cause some other issues I never noticed, do tell please :slight_smile: But yeah, so far, no problem.

2 Likes