Need help with a modular wall

Hi!I’ve created a modular piece of wall and tiled it,but when it calculates light it seems like every instance has it’s own shading(?).Can anyone give me some tips so the wall looks uniform?I’ve tried like everything I could think of but to no results: I tried to change lighting quality,light type increased the size of the asset’s lightmap to 1024.

I am more than happy to help! First I need to know what route you have decided to take in regards to lighting. Are you going to be baking the light for your game or use dynamic lighting?

1 Like

Hi Elias,thank you for answering.I plan to use static lights mostly so i will use baked lightning.
I forgot to add in the OP that i have created the uv’s for light maps in 3ds Max on a separate channel,maybe this detail helps.

Cool, I am using 3Ds Max as well, so I think you are on the right path with everything you said.

Baking lighting for games is a night-mare of sorts. I have struggled a lot with this and it’s a complete science. This tutorial is a good point to get you started, however feel free to contact me on any occasion if you need more support.

1 Like

Thanks man!It worked,I’ve changed the static lightning level to 0.1 and it looks good now,no more tiles.However,the build time has increased A LOT,is there any way to make this cheaper?You have any tips in regard to this?

My only tip is to try to modify the values with a balance, so that the quality is great but doesn’t affect baking times as much! There are tonnes of people with the same issues that you’ve had. So I recommend looking at a variety of posts to find the best fit for your project.

1 Like