Nanite not working or showing up

Hello, I just started playing around with UE 5 and I wanted to play with nanite but it doesn’t seem to either work at all or the visual representation in not working for some reason, I played around in the vr template, I enabled nanite on meshes and imported nanite meshes from Quixel, I also made a new default level to see if it was a problem with the vr template and enabled nanite on the floor mesh but same issue, either its just not working or its not showing when I enable nanite visualization which is weird because when I inspect the assets it says nanite is enabled.

1 Like

I also have the same issue, maybe its because we’re using the VR Template ???

just made a blank project and now it works, even imported the vr template content in the blank project and it still works.

You have to make sure that you’re using direct X 12 and shader model 6 in the project settings. Nanite will not display without it.

I just did that, ue5.3.2 on windows 10 (last driver rtx 3080) on a blank scene with starter content, with directx12 and sm6, yet some mesh doesn’t show up at all in the overview even tho nanite is enabled on the mesh (as well as generate distance field in project settings).