Nanite is used in the scene but not supported by your graphics hardware and/or driver. Meshes will not render using Nanite

Change value of r.Nanite.ProxyRenderMode from 2 to for example 0 in DefaultEngine.ini in Config folder of your project (City Sample). For me it worked without updating Windows.
Also if you create new project you can render Nanite meshes correctly because this command doesn’t exist in this engine config file by default.

1 Like

Maybe you could try Nvidia GeForce Experience, It can automatically update the latest version.

How to remove this annoying message? I do not want to use Nanite at all, but I want to use UE5

I experienced the same issue. just upgrading from windows 10 (internal version 18363) to 20H2 (19042.1706) fixed it.

I found solution.
Downgraded my video drivers (prev. version) and nanite working now.

This is for AMD drivers (especially for R9 series)
DONT upgrade to 22.6.1!
Use only 21.5.2

i find it funny.

i had a 980ti, and UE5 was being fine, no issues with DX12. nothing. then the UE5 5.03 update came and long and ■■■■ went sideways.

i moved to a 2080ti now, but doesnt matter. cant use DX12. it breaks the DHI/GPU lightmass lumen thing.
so i gotta use DX11. which breaks nanite. Hilariously. you can use nanite in pre 5.03 made projects with DX11.

Epic, fix your stuff.

lates window - didnt work
new gpu - didnt work
latest gpu driver - didnt work

DX12 effin sucks.

1 Like

DirectX uses Agility SDK to support HSL Shader Model 6.6, which is required for Nanite.

To use Agility SDK, you need a minimum build number for Windows.
Details here: Getting Started with the Agility SDK - DirectX Developer Blog
OS Version
The number next to Version is your OS Version. As long as this number is equal to or greater than 1909, your machine has support for Agility SDK.
Revision Number
If your OS Version is 1909, 2004 or 20H2, you also want to check your Revision Number.
For subsequent OSes this check will not be necessary.
The number appended to your OS build number, the Revision Number, gets incremented with each KB patch that your OS gets.

• For Windows 10 Version 1909, the revision number should exceed or be equal to .1350 (as in the image above)
  • For Windows 10 Version 2004 and 20H2, the revision number should exceed or be equal to .789
1 Like

哥们你搞定了吗?我的3060也起不来nanite

This is NOT working!!! Unreal Engine 5 has a massive critical showstopping rendering flaw, see hard documented proven video evidence in this case! :

I am on windows 10 LTSC version 1809 which MSFT supports until 2029 and I intend to use until 2038

Tried everything, latest Windows, latest Nvidia drivers, nothing works

Windows 10 Version 1909 (build .1350 or higher) is the minimum required to run the Agility SDK, which nanite uses. Until you update, you will not be able to use the HLSL Shader Model 6.6 and nanite will not run properly.

I fixed the porblem by migrating the whole project content into another new empty project… dont know why but it works…

I already set RHI to dx12 and I don’t want to upgrade the window version… but after migrating Nanite still have some displaying issues