My project doesn't show raytracing for reflection method

Hey all

I’m working on a project using UE 5.4. But the reflection method (or any other such settings) shows the option to select Ray-Tracing from project settings or in post-process volume even though the hardware ray tracing is enabled as seen in the screenshot below. I’m using an RTX 3060. What am I doing wrong here?

PLEEEASE HELP me fix this

Thank you!

You aren’t doing anything wrong, the standalone raytraced reflections were removed in 5.4 as they’ve been deprecated in favor of Lumen’s raytraced reflections.

@Arkiras Does that mean it still uses raytraced (like) reflection when I select the reflection method as lumen?

Lumen needs to be set to “use hardware raytracing if available” in project settings, for optimal quality you’ll probably also want to enable “hit lighting for reflections” and “high quality translucent reflections”

The reflections will be raytraced, but they will not look like the old stand-alone raytraced reflections, because the old reflections did not take into account Lumen GI or skylight shadowing.

@Arkiras Thank you so much for sharing this info. Would you mind checking my other forum as well, which is about an issue I’m facing with the megascan assets that I downloaded in nanite quality?!