Multiplayer - simultanius theme/maps

Hi Guys,

Pretty new to UE, which will probably be pretty obvious with this question :smiley:

I know it’s a really odd ask, but I do have a specific need, I’m just wondering if there is any way to achieve the following:

I’m trying to figure out if there is a way to have a multiplayer where each player can choose between two different themes/maps but still see and interact with each other.

The best way to explain would probably be with a really bas example :smiley: - Imagine a race tack game, it has a simple oval track where the track itself stays exactly the same (width, length, angles etc), but the elements around the track such as background and track materials are different depending on a theme that the use chose at the beginning. (I know this sounds odd!). So user A chooses track ‘theme’ 1 where it’s daytime with a dessert background and a red track material. User B chooses track ‘theme’ 2 where it’s night time with a mountain background and blue track material. Even though the users appear to be in different themes they still see and race each other like any normal multiplayer.

My question is what would be the best way to go about this? A single map with some magic to change materials depending on theme choice or is it possible to replicate player positioning across multiple maps? I would prefer the second as it feels like it would make managing ‘themes’ less messy. I’m just wondering if this sort of thing has been done and/or if there’s specific terminology to search for so I can lookup how to go about it.

Would Load Level Instance be on the right track for this kind of thing?

Any advise, apart from noob flaming :D, would be appreciated!