MSS: Modular Snap System Plugin

@Wallenstein
yep, just tested the copy-paste with 2 cubes with different pivots, works 100%. Just align them exactly in the editor and don’t forget to check “Relative to world origin” in copy socket dialog

Here is another set of snap points for the Forgotten Hotel (Forgotten Hotel in Environments - UE Marketplace)

And another one for the Steampunk Environment set (SteamPunk / Victorian Environment Megapack (Modular/ with Characters) in Environments - UE Marketplace)

@Wallenstein Awesome, thank you! I will make a list of those and put it in the top post.

Ok, I made the list in the top post. Most difficult part was to write the short description, I hop it’s easy to understand

Here is another one for this pack: Fantasy and Medieval Architecture Kit in Environments - UE Marketplace

Thank you, added to the list!

Hi, are you still working on the bundle feature? I am referring to this: Using a modular building kit with MSS Plugin - YouTube</tit
I was a bit disappointed that this is not available in the current version because I’d really love to use this feature a lot.

Hi Andreas,
No unfortunately not working on it. The problem with this feature is that it works pretty well in simple cases, but when you have many meshes, many sockets in the meshes and many sockets in the scene you have a combinatorial explosion of cases to consider and its becoming way too slow to be useful. I was looking to find some clever algorithm for solving this problem but found nothing yet.

I see. Is it the forced loading of the asset for the preview that gets expensive? In that case it might help to do an offline render from say 8 perspectives and cache these as substitutes. This could defer the loading of an asset as long as you decide to select it for actual placement.

This is expensive only the first time, but this can be solved like you said, or you can just preload them in background. But which is getting expensive is to find the best matching piece when you have many possible pieces/sockets to match with many pieces/sockets in the world. Straight-forward approach have like exponential complexity.

Is there any reason why the socket names would render in the wrong location? The sockets locations are correct with the DrawCoordinateSystem indicators.

No idea, I don’t even see the indicators. Could you send me your mesh by email?

Yea you can’t see the coordinate indicators at this distance as they are hard coded to 5 units. It would be great if that size were exposed to the plugin config. I will send you a PM with an example mesh shortly.

I put the mesh you sent in an empty default level and it looks normal on my side. I wonder what can cause this? I used 4.25, which version do you have? Do you have modified engine, other plugins? If you try it in a blank project do you have the problem?

I am using 4.24.3. No engine mods. Minimal plugins. I will try in a fresh project and see.

I just figured out what it is. I have my displays set to using 150% display scale. Otherwise most things are unreadable on 4k monitors. If I set that back to 100% the text is in the correct location. Not sure if that is a plugin bug or an UE bug.

This effects 4.25 and 4.24

Okay then. I will check that, I use something very basic to show those labels, maybe there is something more I need to do.

I don’t think it’s your bug. The draw position gets altered by the DPI scale, which in my case is 1.5. I don’t know why it would need to do that to the position but I’m pretty sure that’s what is hosing the position.

Here’s a fix you can do in your code to compensate for this, knowing that the editor is going to multiply it again. This lets 100% and 150% scale values work properly. I only changed it in 1 location to test.

](filedata/fetch?id=1779749&d=1592940788)