**Snap Actors in Editor by moving them close to each other. **
**Marketplace $9.99 **
Modular Snap System (MSS) Editor Plugin allows you to easily snap and align Actors together by simply moving them close enough to each other. Especially useful for working with modular assets without worrying about grid, pivot and alignment. Works with any Actor that has Static Mesh, Skeletal Mesh or Spline Components. Existing meshes can be easily prepared for use with the system. You only need to add some sockets, no coding or BP modification required.
NB: This is an Editor Plugin, for In-Game version check MSS Runtime Plugin.
Basic concepts tutorial (v1.2):
Ver. 1.3 With Spline support. Overview and news features:
Long tutorial about why and how to use MSS with third party assets:
- Getting Started: How to Make a Snappy Cube
- Building a Japanese house with MSS
- Using Luos Free Caves with MSS
- Speed building ft. PolyPixel Freebie Pack Part1, Part 2
- Even more videos (youtube playlist)…
**Support: this thread or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to use sockets for third party asset packs**
If you have one of those packs, you can easily start using it with MSS right away. Download the socket file then in the Content Browser, select all the static meshes in the pack, right click and choose “Snap System>Import Sockets…”. More info.
|PolyPixel Freebie Pack||scha||tbd|
|Luos Modular Rocks & Caves||Wallenstein||Link|
|SteamPunk / Victorian Environment Megapack||Wallenstein||Link|
|Fantasy and Medieval Architecture Kit||Wallenstein||Link|
If you made sockets for an existing asset pack you can export them and post in this thread, I will add them to the list.
v1.4.9 (Jun 1,2021)
v1.4.8 (Mar 1, 2021)
- ISM/HISM support
v1.4.7 (Aug 8, 2020)
- Fix for DPI scale bug
v1.4.5 (Feb 26, 2020)
- Sockets bulk export/import tool
v1.4.4 (Feb 19, 2020)
- “Snap open only” will only consider components from Target Component Classes as blockers. This prevent stuff like blocking volumes affect the plugin.
- Any component with a component tag “nosnap” will be ignored by the plugin, even if it contains sockets.
v1.4.3 (Apr 3, 2019)
- Copy-paste sockets, 4.22 compatibility (read more)
v1.4.2 (Feb 4, 2019)
v1.4.1 (Jan , 2019)
v1.4 (Oct 19, 2018)
- Improved UI and some tweaks
- Read more
v1.3 (Sep 17, 2018) Bug fixes and new features (overview video):
- Show sockets
- Ignore socket name
- Snap rotate
- Snap scale
- Ignore socket parameters
- No snap back
- Hold to skip snap
- Snap Components
- Skeletal mesh support
- Snap splines
- Snap spline end-points
v1.2 (July 23, 2018)
- Compatible UE 4.20
- Socket polarity (tutorial)
- Snap directly after dragging from the content browser
- Fixed incorrect pivot for groups and multiple selection
v1.1 (June 15, 2018)
- Supports attached actors hierarchies and child actor components.
- Supports snap and attach actors, can be customized for each snap point.
- Supports moving selection pivot to the snap point.
v1.0 (May 31, 2018)
- Snaps Actors by using named snap points defined using sockets.
- Only snap points with compatible names will snap.
- Don’t attach actors to each other, but simply moves/rotates them.
- Works with any Actor class or blueprint that owns at least one static mesh component.
- Supports snapping multiple selection and groups, will snap all selected actors as one.
- Supports stepped rotation around snap point forward vector, can be customized for each snap point.
- Supports attaching actors to the target parent.
- Settings like minimal snap distance, angle, rotation snap etc. can be modified in editor.
- Viewport button to easily enable/disable the plugin (near snap to grid button).