MSS: Modular Snap System Plugin

Hi ! I have an issue with the labeling of the sockets, there’s some offset with the text :

It seems to be the same issue as JSwigartbut I don’t quite understand how to fix it, where is the line of code I should edit please ?
(My screen is upscaled to 115%)

Sans titre 1.jpg

Hi @Hoodelali
​​​​​​​I somehow missed the @JSwigart s answer above. Anyways, I’ve just tried to change my display dpi and I also have this problem. Not only with the plugin but also in other places, like UE4 static mesh socket editor for example. The fix above didn’t change much for me (I tried with 4.23) I will look if there is some way to fix it.

I submitted the new version that fixes the problem of DPI scale, solution from above actually works, thanks @JSwigart ! There is also a fix for the socket size, now it’s in screen pixels, so you can still see the sockets on very big meshes too.

Thanks a lot ! You’re addons are awesome and super helpful, keep up the good work !

Does the snapping functionality work in the blueprint editor window?

I think it will not work in the blueprint editor viewport. Probably you could place your bp into a level, select, move and snap its components then apply the changes to the blueprint (there is a button above the properties panel for doing that).

This plugin really saved many time.
It will be more helpful if the nearest snap socket is highlighted before snapping.
Or showing a shadow on target snapping place like Modular Snap System Runtime doing.

Hi, I was thinking about it too. I think it can be very helpful. I don’t have time right now but I hope to add it in the future.

Hello,

It doesn’t work for me, nothing snap, i created sockets, but it’s not working at all…

I have no other plugins.

Does the example project work? Do you have simple collision defined and enabled?

Make sure to name the socket properly (has to start with “Base”, e.g. “Base_01”) and keep in mind that the red axis arrow determines the direction.
e.g. take a wall mesh, place two sockets, one on each side, rotated with the red arrow pointing outwards, name them “Base_L” and “Base_R” - and that should be it.

@scha: Really like the Plugin, bought it through a Reddit post a while back.
I have a question and a request.

1. Do you know of any tools to make socket placement easier?
    I’d like to be able to place two meshes in the scene, add a dummy object where I want the socket to be placed, and then with the press of a button have sockets added to both selected meshes at the appropriate relative locations (saved to the asset). I’m guessing the new editor scripting should be able to do that, but so far haven’t found anything.

2. If you find the time, could you take a look if your tool could be made compatible with the free Prefabricator plugin?
    Prefabricator in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace
    Right now it’s possible to snap a static mesh / regular actor to a prefab, but (understandably) there’s no snapping when dragging a prefab.
    I know, it’s one of those “not my business if it’s not working with some other tool”, but would be really cool if it worked.

Hi and thank you!

1. I don’t know if editor scripting can add sockets now, if it can that it would be pretty easy to do it like you described. Or you could use copy-paste socket MSS option maybe? I should look into that I think.
  2. I remember I tried this plugin in the past and I believe it worked? But it was maybe a year ago or more. Did you tried enabling “snap attached”? I did it with this kind of plugins in mind: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1482720-mss-modular-snap-system-plugin?p=1575312#post1575312

Copying with relative origin seems to do the trick.

That worked, too!
For some reason, though, when any object snaps to a Prefab, the dragged object gets nested within that Prefab (not a big issue as it can be rearranged in the World Outliner). Edit: just found out, that’s a setting, too.

I guess it works just for solid meshes. open meshes are not snapping to each other properly, still leaves gaps and changes mesh angle degree.doesn’t snap if I need 45 degrees or any angle for the mesh. Can I get my money back?

Hi
I want to make spline snapping…
Do you have tutorial for it?
I cant find the road example content… Can you get me the link?

How the meshes snap together only depends on sockets definition. The plugin will be aligning those sockets so they are exactly in the same place. The geometry is not taken into account at all, so open or not doesn’t count.

There is a description in the documentation but no example, I will make one simple and post the link here.

I made a little example project with spline blueprint, check it out.

Hello, I’ve been able to use your plugin with static meshes just fine. I have a blueprint however, to create instanced static meshes (ISM). Is there a way to make the plugin work with ISM?

Many Thanks