Mouse + Controller Bug on PC – Version 42.10

Summary

Hello,

I would like to report a bug that appeared with version 42.10 installed yesterday of Fortnite regarding the use of a controller and mouse simultaneously on PC.

Since this update, the mouse no longer responds correctly to movement. More specifically, it seems that the issue is related to how mouse movement is being detected.

The problem becomes even more noticeable when I disable the controller: in some cases, the camera movement completely freezes, making the game completely unplayable.

The issue therefore seems to be related to how mouse/controller inputs are being handled, rather than a hardware problem with the mouse.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue since the 42.10 update?

Thank you for your feedback and, if possible, for looking into this bug.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Steps to Reproduce

It happens randomly while moving around in the game.

Expected Result

When I move the mouse, the camera should follow the mouse’s movement, but right now the view is frozen.

Observed Result

I’m waiting for a fix so I can play Fortnite again.

Platform(s)

PC

10 Likes

This is real.
I play with my left hand joystick and right hand mouse, and I cannot play anymore!

2 Likes

Well I’m happy to see that this is not only me. I use controller and mouse for up close fighting. As of yesterday one or other does not work. I’ve discovered that if I fiddle with the mouse long enough it’ll start allowing me to aim, but then when I go back to the controller it doesn’t work unless I press a button on the right side of the controller then the controller will begin to work again. I’ve gone out and bought a new mouse thinking it was my hyperx mouse which I’ve had problems with it conflicting with signal RGB. I’ve uninstalled the ingenuity app, thinking that was the issue but after replacing the mouse with a new mouse I discovered it does not change. Epic did say that there was an issue between the using the two and there’s an update tomorrow that hopefully will fix it. Using the two peripherals is the only way I can play this game going all mouse keyboard or total controller I just can’t seem to get the hang of it.

2 Likes

Hi @veve66,

Could you update to 42.20 and let me know if you are still encountering the issue?
I’ll escalate it if you encounter it still

It’s happening to me. I updated this morning 09/17/26 and still can’t play the way I want to. The mouse will not look left/right etc. I can shoot with the the left click but can’t move the “view” with the mouse.

PC – MACHENIKE G5 Pro controller stops responding a few seconds after entering gameplay

Since approximately 2 days ago, my MACHENIKE G5 Pro controller has stopped working correctly in Fortnite on PC.

The controller works normally in Windows and in the Fortnite menus, but after entering a match it only works for a few seconds and then stops responding completely.

The issue happens in both Battle Royale and Creative.

Here is what I have tested:

  • MACHENIKE G5 Pro works correctly in Windows joy.cpl.
  • All buttons, sticks and triggers are detected correctly in Windows.
  • Fortnite’s controller input test also detects all controller inputs correctly.
  • Windows recognizes the controller as “Xbox 360 Controller for Windows” (XInput).
  • I tested both USB wired connection and the original 2.4 GHz wireless dongle.
  • The problem happens with both connection methods.
  • I tested with the mouse physically disconnected, and the problem still occurs.
  • I reset Fortnite controller settings to their defaults, but this did not help.
  • I tested a DualShock 4 on the same PC and in the same Fortnite installation, and it works correctly during gameplay.

The most important detail:

When the G5 Pro stops responding during gameplay, if I press ESC to open the Fortnite menu, the controller immediately works again and I can navigate the menu normally.

If I close the menu and return to gameplay, the controller works again for a few seconds and then stops responding again.

So the controller is still connected and Windows still detects it. The problem appears to occur specifically when the game is in active gameplay.

This started recently. The controller had been working correctly in Fortnite for months before this issue appeared.

Could this be related to the recent Fortnite PC controller/input changes or the current 42.10 version?

Controller: MACHENIKE G5 Pro
Platform: PC / Windows
Input mode: XInput / Xbox 360 Controller
Connection: USB and original 2.4 GHz dongle
Fortnite modes affected: Battle Royale and Creative

Any help or confirmation that this is a known issue would be appreciated.

5 Likes

Ryan - I did the update today 9/17/26 and I am stille experiencing the problems mentioned here.

Thank you, we’ll get a ticket in.

Thank you for the report:

PC – Controle GameSir Tarantula Pro para de responder alguns segundos após entrar na partida

Recentemente, meu controle GameSir Tarantula Pro parou de funcionar corretamente no Fortnite no PC.

O controle funciona normalmente no Windows e nos menus do Fortnite, mas, depois que entro em uma partida, ele funciona apenas por alguns segundos e então para de responder completamente.

O problema acontece tanto no Battle Royale quanto no Criativo.

Aqui está o que já testei:

  • O GameSir Tarantula Pro funciona corretamente no Windows através do joy.cpl.

  • Todos os botões, analógicos e gatilhos são detectados corretamente pelo Windows.

  • O Fortnite também detecta corretamente as entradas do controle nas configurações/teste do controle.

  • O Windows reconhece o controle como um dispositivo XInput / controle Xbox.

  • Testei tanto a conexão USB com fio quanto o dongle original 2.4 GHz.

  • O problema acontece com os dois métodos de conexão.

  • Testei com o mouse fisicamente desconectado, e o problema continua acontecendo.

  • Restaurei as configurações do controle do Fortnite para os padrões, mas isso não resolveu.

  • Verifiquei se o firmware do controle e do dongle estão atualizados.

  • Testei o controle em outros jogos e no Windows, e ele funciona normalmente.

O detalhe mais importante:

Quando o Tarantula Pro para de responder durante a partida, se eu pressionar ESC para abrir o menu do Fortnite, o controle volta a funcionar imediatamente e consigo navegar pelo menu normalmente.

Se eu fechar o menu e voltar para a partida, o controle funciona novamente por alguns segundos e depois para de responder outra vez.

Portanto, o controle continua conectado e ainda é detectado pelo Windows. O problema parece acontecer especificamente quando o Fortnite está em uma partida e o jogo está em gameplay ativo.

Isso começou recentemente. O controle estava funcionando normalmente no Fortnite antes da atualizaçao 42.10.

Esse problema pode estar relacionado às mudanças recentes na entrada de controle do Fortnite para PC ou à versão atual do jogo

Controle: GameSir Tarantula Pro
Plataforma: PC / Windows
Modo de entrada: XInput
Conexões testadas: USB e dongle original 2.4 GHz
Modos do Fortnite afetados: Battle Royale e Criativo

Qualquer ajuda ou confirmação de que esse é um problema conhecido será muito bem-vinda.

2 Likes

PC – O controle MACHENIKE G5 Pro para de responder alguns segundos após o início do jogo.

Há aproximadamente dois dias, meu controle MACHENIKE G5 Pro parou de funcionar corretamente no Fortnite para PC.

O controle funciona normalmente no Windows e nos menus do Fortnite, mas depois de entrar em uma partida, ele só funciona por alguns segundos e depois para de responder completamente.

O problema ocorre tanto no Battle Royale quanto no Modo Criativo.

Eis o que testei:

  • O MACHENIKE G5 Pro funciona corretamente no Windows joy.cpl.
  • Todos os botões, joysticks e gatilhos são detectados corretamente no Windows.
  • O teste de entrada de controle do Fortnite também detecta corretamente todas as entradas do controle.
  • O Windows reconhece o controlador como “Controle Xbox 360 para Windows” (XInput) .
  • Testei tanto a conexão USB com fio quanto o dongle sem fio original de 2,4 GHz .
  • O problema ocorre com ambos os métodos de conexão.
  • Fiz o teste com o mouse fisicamente desconectado, e o problema persiste.
  • Eu restaurei as configurações do controle do Fortnite para os valores padrão, mas isso não resolveu o problema.
  • Testei um DualShock 4 no mesmo PC e na mesma instalação do Fortnite, e ele funciona corretamente durante o jogo.

O detalhe mais importante:

Quando o G5 Pro para de responder durante o jogo, se eu pressionar ESC para abrir o menu do Fortnite, o controle volta a funcionar imediatamente e consigo navegar pelo menu normalmente.

Se eu fechar o menu e voltar ao jogo, o controle volta a funcionar por alguns segundos e depois para de responder novamente.

Portanto, o controle ainda está conectado e o Windows ainda o detecta. O problema parece ocorrer especificamente quando o jogo está em andamento.

Isso começou recentemente. O controle estava funcionando corretamente no Fortnite por meses antes desse problema aparecer.

Isso poderia estar relacionado às recentes mudanças nos controles/entradas do Fortnite para PC ou à versão atual 42.10?

Controle: MACHENIKE G5 Pro
Plataforma: PC / Windows
Modo de entrada: XInput / Controle do Xbox 360
Conexão: USB e dongle original de 2,4 GHz
Modos do Fortnite afetados: Battle Royale e Criativo

Qualquer ajuda ou confirmação de que este é um problema conhecido será muito apreciada.

I too have the same problem. Unable to play on PC. Controller and mouse don’t work well together

I have the same issue with a MACHENIKE G5 Pro on PC. The controller works in the lobby and menus, but a few seconds after entering a match it stops responding. Pressing Esc makes it work again briefly, then it stops again. Windows and Rocket League detect the controller without any issues. I have already tried XInput, wired connection/2.4 GHz dongle, verifying game files, and disabling the input lock settings.

man, this same bug is happen to me!

Is there any workaround to use true 360° movement with mouse input? The current issue nearly eliminates the purpose of using the joystick, since switching to keyboard mode removes the main benefit of having analog movement.

Same here. I’m using a GameSir Tarantula Pro and having exactly the same issue. It works in the menus, but stops responding after entering a match.

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed reports, everyone. The team is working on it.

Any updates? Can’t play on Azeron correctly. Currently on version 42.20-C

This had made the game nearly unplayable since all muscle memory has built on using a controller and mouse. The upgrade 42.20 did nothing to help the issue. I understand they are aware but I think this is a major issue that should be getting addressed ASAP

1 Like

I agree I am currently trying to finish updates in creative mode for an event I am hosting this Friday and this has caused so much stress…