Moderation of Comments / Replies

Hi,

I’m really struggling with AnswerHub at the moment, I’m a new user and despite receiving replies to my couple of questions, when I’ve then added a comment to either provide further information or ask for more detail these are just not showing.

Is the moderation being performed manually or is it automated? The reason I ask is that I have absolutely no visibility of the comments I’ve added and as such cannot tell whether they are waiting to be moderated, have been moderated but will not be added, or whether its all just reliant on one person who’s really busy or asleep (as in due to time zones etc).

Any info would appreciate, I’m finding it really difficult to use AnswerHub because of this and came here from the UE4 forums in the hope of more success.

Thanks in advance for you time/help :slight_smile:

Note - if you don’t see a reply to your reply, I’m not being ignorant, I will invariably be awaiting further moderation :frowning:

Try replying to this. Sometimes you have refresh the page to see your text…

As far as I know, your first couple of posts on the Answerhub need to be manually approved.

Here’s a test reply…

Ah, ok…so maybe I just need to get passed that “new user” stage and I’ll be ok…

It looks like I am falling under that category. I can see one or two of my previous replies showing up now, but when I comment/reply, it says they are awaiting moderation. It’s making dialogue with regards to questions posted really difficult. :frowning:

I guess I’m still waiting…

Any idea what that post count or period of time is before you can just use the service normally?

I see on the main page you posted few hours ago, but your post is still not visible here.

It’s mad. I’ve been waiting for ages to be allowed to post replies now, nothing seems to be happening, none of my comments are appearing and I can’t find anyone to actually contact to ask about this.

None of the replies contain any profanity or anything like that. This is a huge hurdle to actually using this website. :frowning:

I see it!

I can see your posts here now :slight_smile:

No idea what’s going on, they seem to get released in bathes, periodically. I’ve just responded to one of my questions after getting a reply only to see that that comment is now also going off for moderation.

It’s still not working properly… everything going off for moderation still… creeping up for two weeks now :frowning:

This issue has been around for months.

I had the same issue last August. I asked Stephen Ellis to step in and he fixed it.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/general-discussion/1653922-are-all-answerhub-posts-put-on-hold-before-being-posted-this-is-unlike-the-forums

ClockworkOcean. Please see my post with link. A community manager, or someone with administrative privileges can fix your answerhub configuration.

There was some issues with auto moderation system on comment approving, now it solved and i approved all your comments that got stack and it should be better starting now. Sorry for inconvenience.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply and the update. I had spotted a load appeared, so thank you for that, appreciated.

Wasn’t sure who to reach out to about the problem because I couldn’t find any kind “who the moderator(s) are” info.

I’ve just posted another comment and that also mentioned it was off for moderation - is that the default/expected behaviour, and then an automatic process happens, or, is this because I’m still a fairly new user?

Any info appreciated :slight_smile:

Hey,

Certainly hasn’t felt “fixed” :frowning:

Oddly, “posts” (e.g. a new question) seem to appear almost immediately, but its the comments/replies to an existing post, or to someone who has replied (as you indicate in your link above) are the ones that struggle.

That almost feels worse, as it means you get response to your question, but can’t then seek further clarification, or query something with the responder.

Will see what happens I guess.

Hey , no I’m getting moderated as well, and I’ve been on here ages…

If there’s some sort of auto moderation system, I don’t think it’s working very well. I’ve been top of the karma chart for about six weeks, and now I get moderated?.. Just saying…