MMO Starter Kit

i use ue4 4.16.1 i have some errors when i start in the editor this is a clean install, the ingame menu inventory are not working
here is the log i think its varest plugin maybe, warning VaRestPlugin.uplugin could not be parsed (“4.16”)

o i totally forgot to enable (run dedicated server) what stupid of me (i was away to some other projects) everything works now, sorry

hey man want to discuss about your template and project, contact me jonnydjtracker@gmail.com

Demo client crashes? Interesting. Pls send me your crash log from WindowsNoEditor/CleanThirdPerson/Saved/Logs.

verry good

I bought it but I’m not using it for an MMO.

Using it to create an authenication system that works cross-game and it’s working perfectly. Really great learning tool, If not for an MMO, But for learning about Va Rest and how to actually use it properly.

Great work and thanks! :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

Looks amazing, can’t wait for you to release this !

My ability Hotbar doesnt work i just downloaded it and tested it and i cant drop the abilities in the hotbar at all.

i want to update this code to 4.16 version ,but how to do that ?

Can you please talk little bit more what you changed in here ---->

• Game Client Fix: a minor memory leak in game client happened every time you sent a message to chat server.
  • Game Client Fix: there was an unnecessary space in front of your message when you wisped.

I’m looking thru Chat blueprints in the 4.16 Kit and can’t see what is differences from 4.15

Wow! Didn’t realize how busy it was in here! lol…

Just wanted to pop in to say… I used this on an older version for a different project (which got too big for 2 guys so we tabled it for now) was working on a different title (non-related with my Aussie partner) that was almost done and I came back to start a smaller mmo title using bushido style fighting… and so I tried the newest version for 4.16. And I didn’t have much trouble on the older version, but I had zero trouble on this 4.16 version… had it setup communicating and was building within an hour.

I just wanna say that I am extremely happy with this mmokit, and the support and updates have been great. This is really just a great kit, and its the best purchase I’ve ever made as far as assets go. Zero regrets.

Thanks for your dedication, and after reading this forum I feel your pain. lol… Great job though, keep up the good work!

Just thought I’d share the menu level design on one of our current projects using mmo starter kit. It was a simple matter to convert to a 3d menu. I hesitate over the water before clicking the scroll to show my partner the coi fish, but the video gets all choppy and its hard to see… plus the video is a little laggy. The video was meant to just be a rough thing to show Syko. Also, haven’t changed the character creation screen yet because I’m waiting for my partner to return the morphable meshes rigged to create the character creation screen, which will save blend shape values and be called on load. (not demonstrated yet, will show it off when I get to that part, lots of animations and stuff for us to do first)

Those particular fixes were in C++ (ChatConnect.cpp).

@

This is a great addition to the community.

I was wondering if there is a way to adapt it so to make it run in rooms (for instance, a player creates a room, where other players can join, and eventually play a match). Or should it be used only for MMO (as the title suggests)?

Hi it does not work with 4.16.1 version cannot rebuild it at all :frowning: **** bad
Error.png

After i click yes a message apear and says CleanThirdPerson could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually… :frowning: Any help ??

Do you have visual studio installed?

I had but without C++ Tools :slight_smile: now i can compile it so i will try it to make it work…

Hello.
World Composition supports 150 players per level, which is a part of the World Composition or only 150 players for the whole World Composition?

Isn’t that a kick in the teeth? lol… that Visual doesn’t have C++ language checked to install by default? talk about forgetting your roots.

So, I want to ask some advice, from CS… from all of you. Unlike some of the other guys and gals, my current project is not an open world one. So, here is what I am wondering… should I make a large map with lots of streaming proxies (easy enough) and have it on one server. Or should I just make small maps, and have one per server to try to maximize potential logins without performance issues. I am open to any thoughts or suggestions. At this point I was thinking of going more of a dark souls 3 direction, with smaller more beautiful areas but with A++ performance… but maybe less constricted in where you go. I too enjoyed WoW style games back in the day, and am by no means being negative about open world builds… great stuff. But for my purposes I think performance with beauty is more important than open world immersion, this is to be more of a pvp style of game with some pve content. Any suggestions?

I have done streaming proxy setups before, so that wouldn’t be an issue. It’s more of a logistical question, maybe some of you have done one or both, or can forsee some things that I may not be able to.

i same issue too…
develop server build error
past one week doesn’t answer

Hi ,

Just a reach out here .

I tried to pm you but it seems I need to make 5 posts on the forum before I am allowed to do that? (can someone confirm please)

Loved your work on the game you are no longer working on (don’t worry, the moment I found out you are no longer part of it I had it refunded)
Hope your construction company is working out and that you have re-found the joy of coding and making awesome products.

Chin up and keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Wrench Crowbar
(Cavemen )

“Persistent storage of data in a mySQL database. Character position and stats are saved when the character logs off and restored when it enters world again.”

I was wondering if you, or possibly someone else could explain a little more into this. Do you lose data if you don’t log off, and the game crashes for example or something of this matter happens? If not, how did you go about storing all of this massive amounts of data, just in mySQL?

If client crashes, it’s not a problem, since it’s the server who has the authority to save your character, not the client. So it’s as if the client logged off.

Thanks. Yeah, I’m coding again.

If you’re not expecting a lot of players, you could just launch all areas (one dedicated server per area) on one physical server. When there’s not much going on, each dedicated server only consumes 2-3% CPU.