MMO Starter Kit

Здравствуйте

I know it’s a bit off topic but does someone knows where I can rent host/dedicated servers which can handle a MMO game? My Google research leads to 90% of Minecraft server renting and 10% of website hosting with limited access to database, etc.

Hi Haoris,

you could try https://www.ovh.co.uk/ there is VPS for test of low capacity servers and powerfull servers for more ppl.

Thanks, do you know what the difference between the dedicated servers and the “virtual private servers”? VPS are shared machines?

With same ressources dedicated and VPS can do the same job.

A big dedicated server can host a lot of VM.
But with a VPS you do not have hardware problème. If the host is down the VM restart on a new host.

Hi there. Sorry for late responce . It turned out my source build had some issues (I dont know what exactly). I downloaded new copy same as before , built it same as before and it worked perfectly. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone. And now im having trouble with the launcher. When i start the launcher it starts downloading , Temp folder fills up correctly then empties out (which is normal) and Game folder is filled up with empty folders. Nameings are correct but folders are compleatly empty . No exe files nothing . Just folders inside folders. The deployer on the vps side has all the files but they are zipped (Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be). And Since launcher fails to add files including .exe launcher gives exception error (it cant locate .exe even thought path in settings is correct).

Update: Rebuilding the launcher from Source folder did not fix the issue. It still downloads folders within folders without any files. :confused:

Update2: I deleted winrar and installed 7-zip both on server and my pc to force 7-zip as default archive but the problem still the same

Question / idea : Root folder and including folders have read only attribute selected. Can it be the reason i wonder… But when i deselect read only attribute and click ok it still becomes read only

I’m using 4.15.2 and having some issues trying to get this to load into the editor, which asks me to rebuild, then stops and spouts: “CleanThirdPerson could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.
Where do I go from here?

EDIT: Nevermind. Installed VS2015 and now it is loading.

If you download all the small archives that are now on your FTP, do they contain anything?

Fixed three bugs in the launcher just today. Will be included in the next version.

1. A bug was locking up the UI thread, which occasionally made the launcher unresponsive/frozen (even though it continued to download updates correctly in the background and would eventually unfreeze after 1-2 minutes).
  2. Download progress was being displayed incorrectly (i.e. remaining MB). It was off by around 50%.
  3. When having to deal with big files close to 4gb, a certain int would overflow.

Hi there. All the files in folders are in archive but they are there. And while launcher starts downloading those files are downloaded into temp folder (again inside archive). When it starts “installing” All the folders are generated inside game folder but non of files are in there.

I’m having an issue while trying to run the dedicated server:

This map doesn’t exist anymore because I use my own map so I deleted this one but I can’t find any reference to it in my blueprints or project settings or php files or database, etc. Where should I check please?

Guys who use MMOkit, what would you say about making Discord channel for MMokit , I think that would super awesome place for as all chat and help each other. Plus it would be more or less real time support or help where we help each other instead wait for CS come and rescue us. if CS don’t wanna make a channel some one from use can administer the channel ,

Just curious if anyone here has had a similar problem to mine (and if so was there a fix?). When using the launcher to download my game onto 3 of my machines, it goes through fine and everythings in the right place. The 4th computer NEVER gets the .umap files for our project (it seems like any .umap thats above a certain size.) So if the maps we make are too big it doesn’t wanna download, but only for this particular computer. Is this a known (or can anyone say this happened with theirs) issue with the launcher or am I looking in the wrong place? That 4th PC is on a different network on the other side of the states, but our server is centrally located so here in cali my 3 PC’s download fine, while the one in miami downloads everything fine except .umaps. Thanks in advance.

Is there a discord with mmokit devs in it so we can all chat about the kit and our projects? If yes olease send me link!

–removed as i found the answer –

Hey guys,

I have created a discord MMOkit hub for anyone who wants to join and converse and help each other with issues since it takes like 24-48 hours for posts to be put up in the forums due to moderation and being busy which is understandable. Please let me know if this is not acceptable or if there is already a populated server and i will happily remove mine. if not then all MMOkit purchasers are welcome!

Thanks
Nomad

It’s absolutely fine :slight_smile:

Just popping in to say I’m working on 4.16 and it should be ready by tomorrow. It’ll contain a few fixes here and there.

Hey everyone. The MMOKit has been updated to UE 4.16, it’s now live on Sellfy.

Changelog for version 1.10:

• Game Client Fix: a minor memory leak in game client happened every time you sent a message to chat server.
  • Game Client Fix: there was an unnecessary space in front of your message when you wisped.
  • Chat Server Fix: now when you send a wisp, you see it as “[W] To Player: Message” instead of “[W] Player: Message”, which looked like you didn’t send the wisp, but received it.
  • Launcher Fix: a bug was locking up the UI thread, which occasionally made the launcher unresponsive/frozen for seconds or even minutes (even though it continued to download updates correctly in the background and would eventually unfreeze).
  • Launcher Fix: download progress was being displayed incorrectly (i.e. remaining MB). It was off by around 50%.
  • Launcher Fix: when having to deal with big files close to 4gb, a certain int would overflow.

I wrote down what I did when I ported it to 4.16, in case someone needs to port their project from 4.15:

• CleanThirdPerson.Build.cs, CleanThirdPerson.Target.cs, CleanThirdPersonEditor.Target.cs, CleanThirdPersonServer.Target.cs have to be brought to new 4.16 standard to avoid deprecation warnings.
  • Inclusion order in header files has changed, you’ll get explanatory warnings about it in VS.
  • In Inventory Blueprint :: DropDraggedItem Event - update deprecated node “Set Input Mode Game And UI”
  • In ChooseWaypoint Blueprint :: EventGraph - update deprecated node “ChooseRandomReachablePointInRadius”
  • Enable MfMedia plugin.

Also added the unofficial Discord channel in first post.

Awesome, thanks !