MMO Starter Kit

Where is the creator and why he is not working on it anymore? Anyone can port a project from 4.14 to 4.15…he didn’t fix the double login…he didn’t add any Steam login as the modern multiplayer game…i tried to contact him on skype but no use

1.9 works fine in 4.15 and with some minor conversions it works fine in 4.16, however I’d wait on the 4.16 for now.

Why in the Tast Manager even if i changed my project name the game is still called CleanThirdPerson?

HI Mastima.

We used to use this link: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/242407/renaming-a-c-project.html to rename projects. I believe you will find it referenced in the FAQ of the MMO kit. But, in the last couple versions of the kit. I could not get it to work. Not sure why.

T.

hello again everyone! So im following the manual and im at the “running for the first time” stage. I set up the database and made sure everything works. When i create new user as described in manual, success message appears but no new entry for user appears in database and rally map shows character name as “character name”. If i disable internet or state wrong directory for the scripts and try to register , password would just disapear and nothing would happen. Same was when i wasn’t stating server adress. with just host name it wouldn’t work at all. My DB is in VPS host where i installed phpmyadmin. Can it be myadmin issue or something?

Hey Mikro, do you have “run as dedicated server” checked in the “Play” button dropdown in the editor? If so I would retrace your steps in the php file and sql database setup

Nice project! thinking about buying it!

I do not recommend. The Owners will not help you and you can make the same thing free just from youtube. I tried the text the owner for some help but nothing. He is just to busy to port the project to a new version when it will come=)) no updates. no bug fixes…he is just expecting money. So i recommend to go to youtube and search for “ue4 dedicated server”.

Hope that this helped you!

Mastima, if you expect someone to hold your hand all along the development of your own project, including solving trivial issues like double login, you will have a bad time. If you can implement features from this kit just from watching the Youtube, and have time to do so, I suggest you watch a Youtube video on Steam login as it seems it is one of the features you want implemented. Do us all the favor, implement the feature and then share it with the rest of us…

Hey piepants! and everybody:) Thanks for the reply. The issue is if i use any number in Username and hit register , It will say its successful but no database entry will appear. It works just fine if i dont use any numbers. Have you guys stumbled to this before? And also i get 5 errors when i try to build it as development server solution in VS.

Hey. I’m assuming this is 4.15.1? I’ll try to install 4.15.1 tomorrow and see if I can reproduce this. All I have is 4.15.0 at the moment.

Hey there Spartan!. No this is actually 4.15.0

Woah that is weird, but at least very specific! I have a 4.14.3 server up and will test that out when I get back from work.

Ok, so regarding the first error with registration. The error is happening on the php side. I would recommend that you:

1. check the error log to see what’s happening there
  2. if there are no errors, then add debug lines into mmo_registration.php, such as error_log(“hello”); to find the source of the problem.

Regarding the second problem, do you open the mmokit project in the ue4 engine from github or from the engine that you get through the epic games launcher?

I downloaded it from github ( the source built version) . And open it from the folder i downloaded it. I tried to build fresh copy of download as server version too but got same errors.

its usually really simple mistakes which block your way. I have yet to find mine but cant. Notice it say netseriliazation.generated.h not found. We do have netseriliazation.h but not the one with .generated . So either VS should generate netseriliazation.generated.h (and other 2 include files)and use it for building server solution but fail to generate one or im doing something wrong?. Or maybe its the version of VS i have installed which lack some features?? Ill list my VS info below. Anybody is welcome to point it out, help me move forward. Skyp Google hangouts or any kind of screen sharing capable comms software is acceptable for visually tracing my actions which lead to those errors. Just please help me out here :confused:

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017
Version 15.1 (26403.0) Release
VisualStudio.15.Release/15.1.0+26403.0
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.7.02046

Installed Version: Community

Visual Basic 2017 00369-60000-00001-AA323
Microsoft Visual Basic 2017

Visual C# 2017 00369-60000-00001-AA323
Microsoft Visual C# 2017

Visual C++ 2017 00369-60000-00001-AA323
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017

ASP.NET and Web Tools 2017 15.0.30320.0
ASP.NET and Web Tools 2017

ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools 2017 5.2.50303.0
For additional information, visit https://www.asp.net/

Azure App Service Tools v3.0.0 15.0.30209.0
Azure App Service Tools v3.0.0

Azure Data Lake Node 1.0
This package contains the Data Lake integration nodes for Server Explorer.

Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio 2.2.5000.0
Microsoft Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio

Common Azure Tools 1.9
Provides common services for use by Azure Mobile Services and Microsoft Azure Tools.

Fabric.DiagnosticEvents 1.0
Fabric Diagnostic Events

JavaScript Language Service 2.0
JavaScript Language Service

JavaScript Project System 2.0
JavaScript Project System

JavaScript UWP Project System 2.0
JavaScript UWP Project System

KofePackagePackage Extension 1.0
KofePackagePackage Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Microsoft Azure Hive Query Language Service 2.2.5000.0
Language service for Hive query

Microsoft Azure Tools 2.9
Microsoft Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 - v2.9.50131.1

Microsoft MI-Based Debugger 1.0
Provides support for connecting Visual Studio to MI compatible debuggers

Microsoft Visual Studio VC Package 1.0
Microsoft Visual Studio VC Package

Node.js Tools 1.3.50316.00
Adds support for developing and debugging Node.js apps in Visual Studio

NuGet Package Manager 4.1.0
NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio. For more information about NuGet, visit http://docs.nuget.org/.

Redgate SQL Search 2.3.10.1131
Search functionality for SQL Server databases, from within Visual Studio

SQL Server Data Tools 15.1.61702.140
Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools

ToolWindowHostedEditor 1.0
Hosting json editor into a tool window

TypeScript 2.1.5.0
TypeScript tools for Visual Studio

Visual C++ for Linux Development 1.0.6
Visual C++ for Linux Development

Visual Studio tools for CMake 1.0
Visual Studio tools for CMake

Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps 15.0.26403.00

Update:
I was trying to build win64 development solution. When i tried win32 version got only 2 errors this time.

I still cant fix the issue :confused:

After researching a bit, my thoughts on the issue:

• some games allow multiboxing
  • the majority of games that release nowadays use Steam. Steam automatically wouldn’t allow you to play in two windows.
  • it’s strongly related to testing. When debugging issues, you often have to log on from a few characters at the same time.

So realistically, it’s a non-issue. Besides if someone wants to multibox, they can acquire multiple accounts. And if you want to limit the amount of connections based on IP, it’s a whole another deal.

You can’t have Steam integration without having your own Steam app ID. You only get it after getting Greenlit or from your publisher. After that, you get access to a closed Steam partner website, which shows you Steam documentation which isn’t for the general public. It explains how to do Steam integration for any game, including for an MMO.

Create a new Third Person Template project, add an empty class to it. Add VaRest plugin sources to it as well. Then try to build the development editor for this project. Let’s see if it works.

Hello .
I want to buy an MMO starter kit. But on the site https://sellfy.com/p/fo6a/ pay only in dollars.
In paypal I was told that I could not pay. Can you put it on another site where you can pay in rubles and give me a link to it or bill it in rubles at https://sellfy.com/p/fo6a/?

Здравствуйте .
Я хочу купить ММО starter kit. Но на сайте https://sellfy.com/p/fo6a/ оплатить можно только в долларах.
В paypal мне сказали, что я не смогу оплатить. Можете ли вы выложить на другой сайт, где можно оплатить в рублях и дать мне ссылку на него или выставить счет в рублях на сайте https://sellfy.com/p/fo6a/ ?