MMO Starter Kit

Thanks !

Let’s give this a try. If you have questions, please post them on this site from now on.

Welcome back, . It’s good to see you.

Cannot register
122.JPG

Ive just registered and everything went smooth. It seems you have problems with displaying standart reCAPTCHA (thats very odd). Try different browser i guess (Chrome, FF etc).

Just faced that “Wrong client version, make sure you are using latest client” thing, after ive decided to port to 4.14 from 4.13… i did everything from plain kit. Everything i’ve used was from most recent versions with exception of PHP files. I’ve kept old mmoconnection.php and mmogetserver.php, and overwritten rest files. It got fixxed after ive deleted all PHP files from server entirely, reuploaded original files and put my info in them. After that it started to work. Thats very odd, since those 2 files didn’t change (my best guess is that those other files didnt get overwritten somehow). Im leaving this here in-case someone gets same problem when they try to upgrade from 4.13 to 4.14. As some ppl allready said: Start fresh = backup and remove everything old first.

@Tarly:
I belive i saw a question from you somewhere, about cheapest way to host mmo kit on dedicated server (sorry if im wrong and sorry that it took so long to respond hehe).
My servers being hosted on VPS under Linux. PHP/MySQL part lives on my production servers with rest of my web-sites among with other legacy projects and few other ppl projects. Game and chat servers reside on 2 cores х 2,7 Ghz, 512 MB RAM VPS which costs me around 6 bucs per month. It sucessfuly runs game server + node.js version of chat server. Im not sure if it would be possible to run everything on a single machine with those specs. Also i never did a stress test, 4 clients online was of what i tested so far. I do belive its a cheapest way … however you gonna need chat server that runs under Linux. Wine did’t work for me (original chat server was written for 4.5 framework and latest wine has 4.0 mono). There are other options, but thats topic for different post about my struggle with it during past 2 months lol

, Man, i cant buy this kit, cause im from Russia and paypal hates me. Cant buy it because it says “only RUR transactions aviable”…
Could you please create the same order, but with RUR cost in Sellfy ?

I haven’t tried, but I’m pretty sure you can just launch it under mono on linux natively, without wine.

*The easiest way to describe what Mono currently supports is:
Everything in .NET 4.5 except WPF, WWF, and with limited WCF and limited ASP.NET 4.5 async stack.
Compatibility | Mono

So just install mono and do mono mmochatserver.exe *in console and it doesn’t matter that it’s a windows file extension, it just contains CIL instructions.

Thank you very much for the info Sadface. Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to you and yours.

Is there a way to get this to run on the VR editor GitHub release of UE4? I was under the impression that it was 4.14, but it appears to be a 4.15 build? Which I didn’t know existed yet.

I have a really strange problem.

My PHP response fails to send the data when a string in one of the fields is over 95 letters. What the heck? The field can hold thousands of letters, but only works if I substring the field to 95 characters in PHP. As soon as I substring to 96 characters, it stops working, and I get the output “LogVaRest:Warning: No field with name status of type String” in Unreal.

In the default MMO kit, quests have a maximum character limit of 70 for the quest. I upped it to 5000 characters and put in quests that are a few hundred characters.

**Is there some kind of limit to the size of JSON objects that Unreal can take? **

That is great work.
But I have some questions.
Could this starter kit support different skeletal mesh for a same character?
I.e I want the player’s character to be a human model in the city and to be a Vehicle’s model in the wild?
Could it do that?

yes that is possible … but the kit has nothing to do with that you have to declarate it by your own… like me i use different models for the avatars

Hey guys, solved my client error by updating my ip in the getserver php files. However I am once again confronted with this infuriating enter world error. Pressig the enter world button does nothing. I think it has something to do with the user id not being zero but even after changing that it still won’t work. Will be posting on the support page.

I have updated the editor to 4.14.2 and wonder if it broke something

EDIT. Updating the engine to 4.14.2 didn’t brake anything important for me

You need to read the “patch notes” gave in order to understand what nodes you need to update to get your project functional for 4.14.

Anyone else having issues with the launcher? I have never been able to get people to sequentially patch, only ever by totally clearing the upload and redoing it. This week, I updated the launcher, the php and the deployment to the ones from the newest download, just in case. Now, when it downloads, it seems to not care what the layout of files are. In the temp folder, everything is in the right place. When it deploys, files are everywhere.

edit
Actually, this just got more interesting. I opened one of the zipped files in temp, and the contents doesn’t match the name. It matches the file that ends up in the eventual location, which suggests the issue’s with the uploader

edit 2 No, I stand corrected. On the server, the file is named right AND has the right contents. When the launcher downloads it, the name doesn’t match the contents. I’m very confused.

Is it possible to just purchase the launcher?

Cheers

I believe this was asked some time ago. And the answer was no then, you never know. CS may have changed his mind since. NO reason ya can’t ask… right? :slight_smile:

hi
i have problem in demo client .why after 2 min select character and enter world dont run game and show network time out error?
anybody can help me for run demo client?