MMO Starter Kit

Also got caught up in some controversy over the project he was coding for Project Genom. Reddit - Dive into anything

Sorry to hear things are screwy for CS. But, I got what I paid for with the kit. And more, IMHO.

I hope that CS will continue to develop the kit here, and I wish him the very best.

Cliff.

Just read through quite a few week old articles on Project Genomā€™s troubles.

As the parties have apparently come to a financial arrangement and neither remains relevant, I wonā€™t comment on the relative merits of the two perspectives, but I will say that any game that loses its primary author will not be the same game afterward.

Sci-fi style mmoā€™s donā€™t appeal to me, but if they did I would not even consider playing it at this point. My bones tell me that the game will have nothing but difficulties going forward.

Oh man, that would be super helpful

hi, this Looks fantastic.
Is There A Version I Can Try Before I Buy?

Hey TerryKirk, there is a link to download a demo launcher, which will download the client for testing a demo server, in the first post of the thread.

I was thinking of integrating the Action RPG Inventory system into the MMO Starter Kit. It might be too difficult/corrupt my build, but after a good backup Iā€™m willing to try. Anybody who knows both kits have any advice?

I will take a look.
I just assumed that was an example game.

let me know if I can do anything to help,
or if any simple changes to the Advanced Social Systemā€™s design would help make things even easier for others when hooking it up to use an external chat server like the one code spartan made.

Anyone know if the code is supported with 4.14 or not yet ?

My personal preference :slight_smile:

I donā€™t believe we have an official way to port to 4.14 yet. Iā€™m still working in 4.13.2

has anyone got open level to work yet, if so what have you done? the part in the documentation is very vague

You mean to transfer between Servers processes?

Whatā€™s the last working version of Unreal Engine that is working correctly or does it not work like that ? Haha what I mean is can I just get an older version of Unreal and then continue to use that older version to create the game that I would be working on ?

From what I can see you only need to do three things for the Kit to work with 4.14

1. Comment out or delete the last two public override parts parts dealing with MonolithicOnly in CleanThirdPersonServer.Target.cs in Source
  2. Change CommandChatWho in MMOCharacter to use Get Num Player function instead of the old way of grabbing the value directly
  3. Fix the cast to MMOPlayerCharacter for Try to Loot in MMOPlayerController / Right Click

Seems to play just fine after those changes.

how do i change the picture on the launcher to m own?
Cheers

Extract Source.zip then open launcher01.sln

IN launcher / assests / you will find background-image.bmp

I believe that is the pic you need to replace.

I follow the documentation exactly along with some of 's videos and in the end I still get a ā€œWrong client versionā€ error when trying to enter the world from the launcher. The only way it works is if I set the server.exe to run in ā€œ-localā€ along with the client also in -local. Trying to figure out where the mismatch is.

Anyone seen CSā€¦

<crosses fingers and hopes.>