Download

MMO Starter Kit

I’m sure it’s been asked before, but how do I download the 4.13 version? I purchased the 4.12 version, just need to upgrade

Go into your sellify account and you should find it there :slight_smile:

Hey @CodeSpartan -

I would highly recommend that you look into Astron.

It is highly documented and under the BSD-3 License. :slight_smile:

It has almost everything that a mature MMO would need.

There are also some major gems in this reddit post comments.

Also - Looks like World origin shifting for large worlds in multiplayer is going to be a thing come 4.14

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2359#issuecomment-248754184

@HeadClot Thanks. Didn’t know about the world origin pull request. It’ll come in handy.

Using UE4.11.2

When playing on a map I am able to move the character around just fine in the editor. When I build the game the directional keys do not work nor does pressing the P key to open the powers menu. Has anyone experienced this issue on a build before with the MMo Kit? Movement and the other option keys work fine in the editor but don’t work at all when I build the game and test it. I haven’t had a chance to dive to much into the issue but figured I would ask here in hopes of a solution.

Welcome code spartan :slight_smile:

Hi,

Are you using the clean kit or does this happen after you made some changes to the project?
Does this behavior occur when you play the demo?

There were some changes made to the project. Most of which occur in the main menu. We didn’t really mess with the MyCharacter blueprint tho. I’ve just started looking into the issue and I’m going to compare what we’ve changed with what was in the original to see if I can figure out the cause. I’ll let you know if I’m still having issues after having explored the matter a bit. Off the top of my head I can’t think of anything that was changed that would have any effect on movement or player input. Clicking buttons works but pressing the P, C, I keys or trying to move does not work.

Edit: I fixed this issue.

show clan on panel,how to set,look so
e3850359423e4a3bb2731c79ff038dcd3f8ec96f.jpeg

Someone could help, please? Now say, my english is not to good. I try make dedicated server visual studio 2015(version 14.0.2543.01 Update 3) + Unreal Engine 4.13.1 + MMOStarter kit 1.7. Followed step by-step instruction, but not work creat dedicated server. This is error message output:
1>------ Build started: Project: CleanThirdPerson, Configuration: Development_Server x64 ------
1> Performing 19 actions (4 in parallel)
1> Module.VaRestPlugin.cpp
1> LoadingScreen.generated.cpp
1> Module.LoadingScreen.cpp
1> PCH.CleanThirdPerson.h.cpp
1>c:\epic games\4.13\engine\source\runtime\inputcore\public…/Classes/InputCoreTypes.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘InputCoreTypes.generated.h’: No such file or directory
1>c:\epic games\4.13\engine\source\runtime\inputcore\public…/Classes/InputCoreTypes.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘InputCoreTypes.generated.h’: No such file or directory
1> VaRestPlugin.generated.cpp
1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Games\MMOEngine\Plugins\LoadingScreen\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-LoadingScreen.lib
1> Total build time: 7,64 seconds
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5): error MSB3075: The command ““C:\Epic Games\4.13\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” CleanThirdPersonServer Win64 Development “C:\Games\MMOEngine\CleanThirdPerson.uproject” -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Someone could help, please? Now say, my english is not to good. I try make dedicated server visual studio 2015(version 14.0.2543.01 Update 3) + Unreal Engine 4.13.1 + MMOStarter kit 1.7. Followed step by-step instruction, but not work creat dedicated server. This is error message output:
1>------ Build started: Project: CleanThirdPerson, Configuration: Development_Server x64 ------
1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Games\MMOEngine\Plugins\LoadingScreen\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-LoadingScreen.lib
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5): error MSB3075: The command ““C:\Epic Games\4.13\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” CleanThirdPersonServer Win64 Development “C:\Games\MMOEngine\CleanThirdPerson.uproject” -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.

Can you please add simple “HowTo” about multiple servers, how to set it up etc? I’m talking of something like a lobby where ppl choose ingame which server to go etc. Would be great. Or maybe its even possible that you il include some example in this project :o

Thank you.

Hey, guys. How do you think, is it real to use this pack with another game? If I want to make shooter online, can I set up it through this package? To replace mmo rpg with shooter. Because, I did not meet any other online tutorials or packs.

get all user_id name,how to set ,get all character name,right?

2e6e244f8654640461e11f660e53395c1ac220b7.png

ARPG WIP using the MMO Starter Kit

Unreal Engine Demo 07.OCT.2016 - 20.11.27.01.png

VIDEO :

[video]https://youtu.be/0iRQGc0s4FU[/video]

I plan to do add multiple zones (separate server processes on a single physical server) to the demo, along with a guide. For now, FAQ chapter of the documentation has some info on that. As for the realms that the player could choose from, I would like to add this feature too, but it will probably be after the zones.

It looks like you’re using the engine from the launcher, not a source-built one. MMO Kit needs a source-built UE4 engine. Follow the 3 steps here to get it: https://www.unrealengine.com/ue4-on-github

MMO Kit is best suited for games that need login/registration and persistent storage of player data. It doesn’t matter if it’s an RPG or a shooter. If your game doesn’t need those 2 features, it might be best for you to just study blueprint networking, the official tutorials, etc.

Hello all.

Been a while since I was able to get back to this kit. OH my how it has grown :slight_smile:

I need a little advice.

When I import a toon… it does not seem to import correctly. (See pic)

Any advice would be appreciated. why does it not import standing up ?

2a582635-c2e2-49b2-8dd3-a9d37f3a14f5_zpshjwcaq3l.png

Yes, I was asking for this one. First one is quite easy to set up with the guide we already have from you :slight_smile:

character Visual field distance,how to set?