MMO Starter Kit

awesome mate this is what im aiming for also. i used to play helbreath which is about the same time as ultima was out… my problems with the current kit is mana isnt coded in yet and spell casting is virtually as fast as you can press the keys no delays/cost

also i want a leveling system / stat points

very basic but blueprints are a nightmare for me i know basic coding to get me around but this visual stuff… well

if you want to work together contact me

Hi Mozzy,

The housing video is very impressive! :slight_smile: I hope you will continue working on this project.

Sorry for the delay in response, it is entirely possible to authenticate and distribute via Steam, and that’s exactly what we are doing with Project Genom. I don’t think you can use their servers for the database, and it’s easy to use a regular hosting provider for that (or host it yourself). However, in order to use Steam authentication/distribution you need to either be Greenlit or to have a publisher (with games on Steam).

good! mark

just about to pick this up, will literally save me months of work im doing on a rushed proto!

We bought the MMO Starter Kit – it looks great.

Is there a way to reach with a couple of questions?

How does chat work when testing in PIE ?
I couldn’t see any docs on this.

After I run the Chat server, and start the game from editor, they don’t seem to respond to each other.

[sorted it out – was using the old chat server from previous version instead of the current one]

Very improvement, good work man :smiley:

Hi,

Sure, feel free to contact me directly on Skype ().

There are no docs on launching the chat since you just have to launch the .exe. :slight_smile: It should work fine when using a clean version of the kit. From what I remember, you’re porting some of the 4.10 features to your project that’s using an older version of the kit, so that’s most likely what is causing this error.

I can’t find MMOInstance blueprint,how to find it?

Maybe you could consider adding support for this skill tree system ?

If you are wondering, here is how to make a sprint or adjust walk speed in 's MMO Kit.
In MMOPlayerController, it’s just the an input key event hooked up to this ToggleSpeed custom event in ModularPlayerCharacter.
Running it on server seems weird to me, but that’s what made it work.

Thanks for the info , I’m going to try that! Maybe a flip flop for an autorun too so I can do some timing runs from edge to edge on my map!

It’s located in Content/MMO/Blueprints/GameModes/ - I’ll add it to the documentation. By the way, it’s easy to find any blueprint in your project by just typing its name in “Search Content” field in Content Browser, I use this feature all the time.

Hi, MMO games have many different skill systems, and those are relatively easy to implement on your own - so I leave this to the MMO Kit users.

This actually looks pretty sweet. I’m actually thinking making a youtube series with this in the future. I don’t have the money right now for it but it be exciting to just share with people on my youtube channel. I want to do more then just gaming but game making.

I need to start first Brushing up on unreal before moving onto something bigger.

I played the demo today and I have a few ease of life suggestions with the interaction of things but I’m sure the demo is quite outdated these days.

how can you make no automatic damage, damage just when enemy is hit :slight_smile:

Forget this post a allready found something, no auto damage

So i tried to set this up on both my local server and on my website, (the php files) however when i register the password fields clear, i check the phpmyadmin and there is no new character or account, my website is using php 5.5 and my local server is using 5.5.12, i have set up the mmoinstance blueprint for both tries and still no luck, the capitalization is spot on as well, no mistakes on naming, no caps lock when it’s all lowercase, nothing capitalized when it’s supposed to be lowercase.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I will also forward this to your Skype.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, i figured it out, you HAVE to set the Hostname (in my case as localhost)

Hi,
I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to edit/create items/item stats/spells etc. within the database?
  2. Does the chat server run under linux(ubuntu) with mono? (because of c#)
  3. Do you plan to add instanced zones with the next patch?

What’s your plans on future updates?

It is my understanding that updates come out at like 4.9, 4.10… etc… updates do not come out at 4.9.1, 4.9.x / 4.10.x

As we get close to 4.11 I am betting some one will ask, and Code will respond or he will just post what he thinks 1.5 version of the kit will include.

Just my humble thoughts on this though.

Cliff

I can’t seem to get this to work with the 4.6.1 engine.

When I try to convert it,

When I skip the conversion, VaRestPlugin.dll and CleanThirdPerson.dll require rebuilding and I get an error stating that cleanthirdperson could not be compiled, try rebuilding manually.

Anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks