MMO Starter Kit

msdiff & mspatch

Does the patcher for your launcher use bsdiff and bspatch or some variation of it?

I’ve never tried it, so I don’t provide support for mobile devices. I think the main question here is whether VaREST requests to the php scripts and socket chat server would work with mobiles.

No, it uses my own, quite simple patch code. However lately I don’t think the diff and patch approach is the way to go for MMOs. Steam doesn’t require the devs to create patches, so among other things I’m working on a better auto-update system.

@ can u show how we can make loading screen like with fill bar and streaming levels will it work ?

Progress bar in loading screen is not supported by Unreal out of the box, you would have to modify the engine source code, so I recommend just displaying some art and a hint for the loading screen. Regarding streaming levels - you don’t really need them if you’re using loading screens.

now i tried to buy starter kit via paypal, because it didn’t accept my credit card, but now it gives also error: we can’t process your payment now. This Sellfy is ****ing **** place. This is first time in my life when that kind of happened.

I’m sorry you’re having problems with Sellfy tero83 :(. I’ve send them a ticket regarding your case. However I’ve been using it since January and never had any problems, so hopefully this will get fixed.

is there a way to pack the game just the game not hole file project

Answered you in Skype, going to duplicate here for the others: it’s normal for the project folder to be around 20 GB, the packaged game will be around 1GB

Hello Im new Using Unreal engine and I start making my first project like my first map any way y read about your MMO Starter Kit for Unreal. I want purchase but I have some Questions this is compatible with Mac pc? I read all the documentation, but im still wonder if you can provide a Video tutorial, and im sure that many of us helps us out in how to integrate this MMO Starter Kit for Unreal in our project games. Please respond and if is possible send me and e-mail. Im really interested in get this kit.

Hi novato,

I plan to make a video tutorial eventually, but so far people usually don’t have trouble following the “quick start” user guide (I’ve tried to made it really thorough over this year). I don’t provide support for Mac currently. I’ve heard of a couple customers using the kit fine on a Mac, but I’m not sure.

I have tried but not yet succeeded in opening and compiling under OSX 10.10.5 .
The launcher (for now) is WinONLY. There are free, open soource crss platform launcher out there perhaps it could be integrated in to MMOToolkit in future?

Mac support would widen the user base. My audience is primarily OSX folks and they don’t even use the Origin…

Now i have downloaded mmo starter kit at last and also get databases and next week i have to try it. I add my own map/level, and my own character. One question is in my mind. In starter kit there are in create character menu where you can choose either warrior, roque or mage. Is it easy to add every race different character. That all of them are not samekind outlook. I mean that warrior could be monster, roque like cyborg and mage like some woman. I mean it is easy to change these character, I have my own, but where i can make this change. Yes there is tutorials and so on, but if some could tell briefly

Hi, i purchase the MMO Starter Kit and im starting with your documentation but Im still can’t not get the game ready for test on my web server can you help me? I pay for goddady hosting I import the database. my php web server is 5.5 but i don’t know how to set up this properly.

I’m glad that your payment issue has been resolved! :slight_smile:

In MMOCharacter blueprint, there’s a Class variable. You could set its Replication to RepNotify, then in its new OnRep function set the skeletal meshes of all body parts according to the character class (you can use “Switch on enum” or Select nodes for that ). It should only be done on the client, so add a CanExecuteCosmeticEvents node in the front.

Hi, sure, which part of the guide seems to be the problem? You can also contact me via Skype () for quicker support.

*Hi novato,

I plan to make a video tutorial eventually, but so far people usually don’t have trouble following the “quick start” user guide (I’ve tried to made it really thorough over this year). I don’t provide support for Mac currently. I’ve heard of a couple customers using the kit fine on a Mac, but I’m not sure.*

I WILL PAY for any tutorials you make. Then announce it on the forums. Please!!!

Why i can’t import my mmo .php files to my webserver and my server is www.one.com?

tero83, I’ve answered you in PM, but will duplicate here for the others. The php scripts can’t be imported to mysql database. You should upload them to your server like you would upload an image, for example. You should only import dbstructure.sql to your mysql database.

i Have now migrated my own assets and map to mmo starter kit and changed settings like tutorial: Screen capture - 4ce1063fc7b229406357e69e399f46a6 - Gyazo . Editor and server default map are my own, but it still start in desert rally map and if i open my own map it doesn’t contain any of these which comes with mmo starter kit

and secondly i started with start level and create account and new character which sees in my database, but still when i open for example mmocreatecharacter.php it shows that you are not logged in: Screen capture - d5aeffeb812c0f9dda7f935b474c7403 - Gyazo . But i have created my own account in start level/map

@tero83

You really should follow the instructions given on the documentation page from and even though not much but a certain amount of knowledge is recommended before stepping in to making a MMO.
What exactly are you referring to with “when i open for example mmocreatecharacter.php”. From the link you gave it looks like your trying to access this from your web browser and then you get this message. This is normal because you’re accessing the php code without the proper values that need to be inserted by the Json code so it doesn’t have the proper values when accessing it directly from your browser and you get this error.

You seem to have problems with every single step, even the most simple ones like copying the php files to your server and setting up the database while the tutorial clearly states :
Upload the contents of the PHP folder to your web server.
This is just a simple step, open up a ftp client, make a new map and upload the provided php files in there ( after changing the connection data in mmoconnection.php ofcourse )

Ofcourse anyone can run into some trouble or have a question regarding this amazing kit and people will help you wherever and whenever they can but you should be clearer in what exactly you did and what went wrong.

I mean, what exactly did you do and are you trying to do ? It looks like you imported your map in the root directory, have you added the JSONrequests actor to your map and changed the hostname ? And what doesn’t it contain exactly ?
Have you added a player start and have you set up the correct coordinates and rotation for the player start in mmocreatecharacter.php ? ( by editing the php file with a editor of choice )
Have you added NPC’s, quests etc… ?
Why are you trying to access mmocreatecharacter.php from your browser directly ?
You have to add the blueprints and mmo characters yourself, it’s not just a matter of importing your own map and everything is added to this by the kit.

Firstly that importing php files went wrong, because databases www.one.com has some problems and failures,I was contacted them that problem and it last about 1-2hour and after that it went wrong. Yes i have changed JSONrequests hostname and added actor my map. but when i start game/map character doesn’t start about my own map, there was only my own character which haven’t any good movement and i have changes settings maps&modes with tutorial. That’s the only problem other has solved