MMO Starter Kit

Hi guys.
Anyone have any experience with this hosting company:

u have plans to add the character creator by datasphere?

I have GoDaddy hosting all my MySQL,PHP and web server stuff… and I have my game server running in my house… They have 24 hours voice support. And between them and I am up and running.

TY for reply Tarly. I am a bit confused about rationale of having MySQL on a separate server. I understand that most of game traffic will be conducted between players and the game server, with MySQL server being accessed relatively sporadically on character creation, changes in inventory and quests etc. I guess my question is, is the network bandwidth the bottleneck for the simultaneous number of players or is the main limitation due to processing power of the server?

Hello,I am in China,and I want to know that how to pay for the file

@Neff10: Looked it up, and that looks realy, realy nice!

Still trying to wrap my head around things here, anyone got any tips for equipping/unequipping weapons?

I split the game server from the PHP,web and MySQL simply because of cost… I pay like 6 bucks a month… and I run the server out of my house since my web server at Godaddy will not run .exe’s…

If the game server starts to get busy as I add content… then I will get a game server from GoDaddy… I believe they start at 38 bucks a month. But… for now… 6 bucks is not bad… almost 50 for both servers. I don’t want to spend that kind of money yet.

T.

i have their most basic windows plan and im happy with it, their support is good so far…

OK, thank you for reply guys. At the moment I am running both servers from home for testing purposes but looking ahead at wider testing I see the need to have dedicated servers hosted on it’s own machine, 24 hrs a day. Atlantic.net is getting good reviews and I did check out GoDaddy pricing, it’s just that I am not sure if there are any price or otherwise advantages to go with any of them instead of with proven Softlayer.
On that note, I have asymmetric 100MB TWC connection, and can provide much better dedicated server from home than what I would be able to afford from hosting companies. How many players I can reasonably expect to host concurrently at that bandwidth, if we assume that I can provide as many servers as needed?

In what world would you get godaddy? Its not even cheap or reliable! I found that other hosting companys like hostgator are miles better in terms of price, speed, performance etc.

Also check out a VPS if your wanting to host a game server rather than get a dedi box.

Once consumer gigabit internet becomes a normal thing around most major areas, rather than exceptions, then I suspect we’ll see an influx of server hosting companies.

how to build server?

How to build the server is explained in the documentation :wink:

Sorry guys… Didn’t mean to start a Pro - Con Godaddy… just saying… for me… 6 bucks a month… and 24 voice support REALLY met my needs.

As to how to build the server… follow the Doc… don’t skip ANY steps in your hurry to see it work. I have lost DAYS by not reading… rereading… then reading the docs again. has been VERY helpful… especially when I have let my impatience over ride my following the directions. He recenters me… and points me in the right direction. And then gently reminds me… “That’s in the documentation, if you need it.”

IE: The Launcher,… oh man… CS was helpful… and then gently referred me to the doc that answered my question… This is how it turned out.

Thank you CS for all your help.

Hi,

You can host MySQL on the same server as the game, but for me personally, it’s just much easier to use the same MySQL hosting where I host websites. Webhosting providers are cheap and already have MySQL, phpmyadmin, ftp, etc installed, so you don’t have to install them yourself. Besides, the Softlayer VPS I’m using for the game server is the cheapest one, so I don’t want to put any additional load on it. Network bandwidth is not the bottleneck here.

Hey!
Really nice work, good to see that any developer byhimself can nowdays create MMO with great graphics.
I have some ideas that i’ll mayby implement thanks to UE4 and your KIT.
Is there any point to migrate to postgersql and java as im more familiar these.
I just like them more. Postgersql has so many advanced features and java is fast and easy to read.

Suppose I wanted to use Gameservers. Can I have them to implement this? I used to host minecraft and atl servers. Too host under your own ip is retarded period. Can it be tranferrable?

What in gods name did i do?

lmao I don’t know how i managed this… but i have a clean copy of the starter kit. is there a file from the kit i can use to replace the file in game that causes this so i can go back to having a normal head?

Hi, I purchased your project recently but cant seem to open it. I downloaded it and built the UE 4.9.1 Source to run the project but it will not compile, either through the engine or visual studio.

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘VaRestPluginPrivatePCH.h’: No such file or directory C:\Users\Levi\Desktop\Forgotten Races Project\Client\Client Sources\MMOStarterKit-1.3\Plugins\VaRest\Source\VaRestPlugin\Private\Parse\VaRestParseManager.cpp 3 1 CleanThirdPerson
Error 2 error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘VaRestPluginPrivatePCH.h’: No such file or directory C:\Users\Levi\Desktop\Forgotten Races Project\Client\Client Sources\MMOStarterKit-1.3\Plugins\VaRest\Source\VaRestPlugin\Private\Json\VaRestJsonValue.cpp 3 1 CleanThirdPerson
Error 3 error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘VaRestPluginPrivatePCH.h’: No such file or directory C:\Users\Levi\Desktop\Forgotten Races Project\Client\Client Sources\MMOStarterKit-1.3\Plugins\VaRest\Source\VaRestPlugin\Private\Json\VaRestJsonObject.cpp 3 1 CleanThirdPerson
Error 4 error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘VaRestPluginPrivatePCH.h’: No such file or directory C:\Users\Levi\Desktop\Forgotten Races Project\Client\Client Sources\MMOStarterKit-1.3\Plugins\VaRest\Source\VaRestPlugin\Private\Json\VaRestRequestJSON.cpp 3 1 CleanThirdPerson
Error 5 error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Levi\Desktop\Forgotten Races Project\Client\Client Sources\MMOStarterKit-1.3\Binaries\Win64\CleanThirdPersonServer.exe C:\Users\Levi\Desktop\Forgotten Races Project\Client\Client Sources\MMOStarterKit-1.3\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR CleanThirdPerson
Error 6 error MSB3073: The command “C:\Users\Levi\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat CleanThirdPersonServer Win64 Development “C:\Users\Levi\Desktop\Forgotten Races Project\Client\Client Sources\MMOStarterKit-1.3\CleanThirdPerson.uproject” -waitmutex” exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 CleanThirdPerson

this is the error i am getting from visual studio when i try to compile it manually, I have checked the varest plugin folder all dependencies and all #included files are accounted for including the file the error says is missing, can anyone help.

EDIT: Solved, downloaded clean copy of latest varest plugin and replaced only the files that were already in the project folder. Thank you for this amazing project , and for the help with my issue.