MMO Starter Kit

Here are some things I have noticed.

*Quest items should only drop when you accept the quests.
*I can register an account using the same username and password, that’s pretty insecure.
*I fell through a platform to rocks and the character was stuck there for a few minutes, I couldn’t move. (I’ll post a video)
*Mobs can be attacked from a very long distance.
*Mobs walk under the water and there’s no swimming animation (Pretty funny to look at) :stuck_out_tongue:
*There’s no chat bubbles, the text only comes in the chat window.
*No cooldown for spells.
*There’s no mana, rage or other casting cap bars.
*There’s no female/male options.

One thing that is very annoying, when the client is open the mouse cursor is stuck within the client window… is that supposed to be like that? Never seen such thing on other games.

I know you’re still working on updates, just wanted to see how soon these options will be available.

Hi Locolijo, and welcome to the forums. :slight_smile: The first thing to know about MMO Kit is that its aim is not to be a complete game, but to provide a good starting point. For example, not all MMOs use mana, not all of them have male/female options for all races, some don’t use spells and their cooldowns and range at all. All those things are very easy to add, so I’m leaving it to the users to design their gameplay, while I’m focusing on the parts that almost all MMOs have and that are usually difficult for the beginners (login/registration, persistent storage of data, modular equipment, drag and drop between multiple windows).

I’ve just tried it with account name “lalala3” and password 111111, I can’t do it. Could you try again please and maybe provide me with replication steps?

I think most people play MMOs in fullscreen mode, though I could be mistaken. I’ve taken a look at how WoW does its windowed mode, and it indeed doesn’t lock the cursor. I’ll add it to the planned features list. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’m glad this is useful to you. :slight_smile:

Locolijo, believe it or not, there are some things that you have to implement yourself…

Thank you for the reply.

What I’m trying to say is that I can register an account with the username , and use the same password . The account was created successfully.

Username:
Password:

For security reasons, I think this shouldn’t be allowed. :stuck_out_tongue: The username should be different from the password and vise verse. :wink:

That’s a simple php customization you could do yourself in about 5 minutes this was build as a functional foundation with the flexibility to allow you to add on to it its not a full game with every security procedure already accounted for… in fact that issue you are addressing isn’t even the biggest flaw in security.

*Quest items should only drop when you accept the quests.
*I can register an account using the same username and password, that’s pretty insecure.
*I fell through a platform to rocks and the character was stuck there for a few minutes, I couldn’t move. (I’ll post a video)
*Mobs can be attacked from a very long distance.
*Mobs walk under the water and there’s no swimming animation (Pretty funny to look at) :stuck_out_tongue:
*There’s no chat bubbles, the text only comes in the chat window.
*No cooldown for spells.
*There’s no mana, rage or other casting cap bars.
*There’s no female/male options.

again all of that is not the point of this project and if it where it would be useless to half of the community hell my game doesn’t even have magic at all so all of that would just be torn out lol… makes much more sense to keep it generic.

Ah I understand what you mean now. There’s no consensus on password (and username) limitations, and they vary greatly between games/sites. For example, the #1 website for CC0 and CC-BY sounds (Freesound.org) allows the user to have the password the same as their username. Some people think that enforcing passwords to have special symbols and to be 8 characters minimum adds more security, while others think that it’s up to the user to choose their password responsibly.

Me personally, I have secure passwords on websites where I care about my account, and use something like 1111 (it’s allowed on most websites!) for websites where I download cc0 graphics or order pizza. I do that so that I don’t lose my ‘secure’ password if the pizza website gets compromised.

As helliongames has pointed out, the password limitations can indeed be customized in about 5 minutes. :slight_smile: You don’t have to do that in php however, it’s enough to add it in UE4, in MainMenu UMG widget. There are several checks implemented already there, for example the email needs to have a @ symbol.

Thanks Code… I to have had issues with the cursor stuck in the game engine… I told a couple peeps to hit the windows key… and that gets them out of the game… but… kinda a pain.

For anyone who prefers the mouse not to be locked to viewport, here’s what you can do:

1. Open any blueprint and do a search for “setinputmode”. Make sure “Find in Current Blueprint" is unchecked

1. Click on each of the three found “Set Input Mode Game and UI” nodes and uncheck “Lock mouse to viewport” on them.

It will be the default behavior in the next version of the kit since the mouse is not locked in WoW.

Hey Code, I was just curious, do you have a WIP / What you’d like to see done when 4.10 is released? I’m hopeful that 4.10 will include non-experimental DX12 and VS2015 support, along with a number of VR fixes. So that is when I’ll be re-downloading and start inserting assets and such.

SWEET! Thanks CS… Appreciate it.

Инициированный вами платеж заблокирован, так как платежи с помощью PayPal между резидентами России можно осуществлять только в российских рублях. Вернитесь на веб-сайт продавца и выберите опцию оплаты в российских рублях или воспользуйтесь другим способом оплаты.

:frowning:

***MODERATOR: HI EVERYONE. FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, I HAVE AUTO-TRANSLATED THIS POST.

Yes, but how I can purchase product atm? There is no other option on Sellfy except PP for me & for other people.

I can just buy it with paypal, no exceptions here… (didn’t walk it through, because I’ve allready bought it though)

(my local currency is euro btw)

Cryptaline, Russian users can’t buy the kit on Sellfy because of some weird policy. If you get this error, you can contact me on Skype () to pay directly with Paypal.

Hi, the update for 4.10 will most likely have 2-3 of these features: zone travel, instanced zones, better loading screen, better auto-update system.

Hey Code, I want to get a feel of your MMO Kit and download the launcher, however I get in trouble when download the game assets. The launcher works smoothly at first, when it downloaded some assets around 30~40MB, it delete the game asset zip file, and the launcher UI says:

But absolutely there is nothing to Play:(. So what may cause this? I’m really looking forward to it. Thanks.

Oh good! I was in the middle of trying to figure that out myself! :cool:

Hi,

Could you add me on Skype () please so we could find the cause of it quicker? Also, try deleting the launcher and downloading it again, and also check that you have enough disk space.

Hi I’m thinking of buying this for a few projects of mine but the main one I am interested in using this in is for a FPS game not a MMO now what I want to know is if I wanted to make this for a FPS game without the login/registration but also use the dedicated server along with say the steam multiplayer how would I go about this? A few friends are interested in hosting some dedicated servers for me with steam integration.

Also do you have a wiki or documentation site for this? Just would like to gleam over some of the questions I have without having to waste your time if possible :slight_smile:

Hi frostyshield,

The online documentation for MMO Kit can be found here

If you don’t want the kit’s registration/login, the auto-updater and the gameplay examples, you probably don’t need to purchase it - the default UE4 networking could be enough for your project.

Personally, I’m a fan of Steam and I’m against ‘reinventing the wheel’, but not all Steam features can be used right away - for example you can use Steam’s downloader and achievements only once your game passes Greenlight (or if you have another game on Steam already).