MMO Starter Kit

Not solely, like I said in the thread, it was used as a base and I built Genom-specific features on top of it (non-target combat, RPG stats and skills, exoskeletons and mechs, etc). But the core is basically the same.

Some features were added to Genom first (inventory and equipment) and then ported back to MMO Kit. :slight_smile:

Wow! Nice work! Any chance you’re adding that non-target combat to your kit as well? ;D

I would like this as well :slight_smile:

Vehicle support would be welcome too :slight_smile:

Hello :slight_smile:

Does this kit include AOI (Area of Interest)? The loading/unloading of players within a set parameter of the client player?

This project looks awesome, ofcourse i voted for it :slight_smile:

Hi, area of interest is a part of UE4’s built-in networking and is used in the kit without changes. It is called Net Cull Distance in Unreal.

Maybe eventually, but not in the next update. It is kinda easy to implement yourself, I prefer to concentrate on difficult stuff that is present in most MMOs and can be demonstrated within a single demo. Such as zone/server travel, group chat, battlegrounds, mounts, etc.

Hi,

do you know if there is a solution at that problem without migrate ?
If a take a copy of the mmo kit, empty the content folder and migrate for my project who have that problem, that could resolve the problem ?

Wow! Things are really looking really nice , good job! I know I’m a bit late on that with the 4.8 update, but I haven’t really had the chance to have a go with it until now.

@, that looks insanely cool.

BTW, to make it easier for people to vote on Greenlight, check out this blog: Linking to Greenlight

It shows how to make a link that will open the Greenlight page in Steam, which should vastly increase the amount of votes you get (since most people skip out on voting when presented with the login page in the browser).

1. How would the engine perform / handle large open worlds keeping loading screens to a minimal?

2. How would the engine perform with the possibility of having hundreds of people in a single location?

I was recently impressed with a GREENLIGHT project from STEAM, those two questions above however are not answered in what information they have provided to the public as of yet (Project Genom)

If anyone here knows anything I’d appreciate the information provided.

Thanks,

Kevin

When I buy this script shortly, will you be able to work with us if we need help integrating mmo starter kit with other Unreal blueprints or our own necessary changes/additions? Would you be able to add to the blueprint for a fee if we need customization? It is very important we have certain features and Unreal/your script offers most of them.

Any additions we would need we would have to discuss in private. Is this ok?

Project Genom has been Greenlit in 7 days. :slight_smile: Thanks to everyone who has voted!

From the tests, a single zone should be able to handle about 400-500 NPCs and 100-150 players without additional optimizations (single core cpu will cap if you go higher). A single physical server can have several such zones, using different ports. Loading times would depend on zone complexity.

I’m not taking on custom work right now, but I can provide advice regarding customization on Skype.

Great. I am looking at the online documentation. My php server is 5.5 and I know MySQL pretty well. I downloaded the git source for Unreal - release version. I also have Visual Studio 2013 Community installed. The unreal docs say to run setup.bat from the release zip file. Do I do this or do I have to somehow integrate the mmo starter kit with the unreal release? Before I buy, I want to know how to install all of this clearly.

Thanks for your help.

Anyone? How do I compile this? The instructions are vague on this point.

Run setup.bat and follow the rest of the epic instructions. PM if you have any questions.

The kit itself is just a project folder, you just stick it in your Unreal Projects folder. Compiling the engine itself is just so that you have the dedicated server files there for running your own server, if you’re just looking to learn and play around with it for now, I wouldn’t really say its a necessity unless you’re actually wanting to build something from it. I’ve had no major issues (though I could be wrong, but I’ve not noticed anything) while just using the launcher version for playing around.

Ahoy! Does anyone know of an easy way to change a roaming Nov to aggressive so they’ll attack a player that enters a radius around them? I tried setting the drop down box to hostile in the npc blueprint but no go yet. Thanks!

Is the demo cliend stand-alone? Or do I need to put it`s folder somewhere? I got past registration and character creation, stuck on black loading screen.

Hi, the demo server was down. It’s back online now. :slight_smile:

There’s no working aggressive behaviour tree in the demo right now. You can create your own one by studying the roaming behaviour tree and modifying it.

Alright awesome, thank you sir!