MMO Starter Kit

What about the AI are they bots to fight with or is it multiplayer and every one is fighting with others :slight_smile:

You can see the example cleint and there are some mobs.

Will this require much work to get it working with a split screen setup on a local machine?

Do you also have any suggestions so to how to setup a web-server on my local machine? Iā€™m sure I can find plenty of tutorials online, but maybe you had some suggestions. Maybe XAMPP?

Thanks!

Hi,

To test network play on the local machine you can either:

a) test from the editor just like you can do with the official templates - this will let you test about 90% of the functionality
b) run a listen server + client(s) from the editor shortcut. Lets you test all of the functionality
c) run a dedicated server + client from the packaged gameā€™s folder. Useful for the final testing before distributing the game to the users.

The user guide has instructions on how to run those configurations.

Regarding the webserver on your local machine - I havenā€™t tried that, web hosting is usually inexpensive and there even are free web hosting providers like x10 hosting.

Potentially looking at playing around with a small mmo creation, but based on 2d. Do you think this could be adapted to 2d? Interested in authentication, inventory, chat, etcā€¦ pretty much everything but 3d.

Just got my desktop. Waiting for my new power source to ship so I can run unreal without crashes every few minutes

Hey . :slight_smile:

Since it looks like 4.8 is close. Do you have any teaserā€™s for us?

Can you tell you give us an idea after 4.8 comes out how long you think it will be before the update is available ?

I think 4.8 comes out next week. :smiley:

A teaser would be appreciated :slight_smile:

im relly excited by this ille be sure to look at the demo and then think seriously about this kit because it looks very helpfull, its not something im after right now but for were i want to go in the future with mobile mmoā€™s this would be a good thing to start with.

Any news about update of the demo?

Hey Codesparten, have you thought about making the Code part of this a Plugin for better transplant to other Projects? :slight_smile:

Is someone managed to make it work on 4.8 ?
i canā€™t.

He said he would be releasing an update coinciding with the UE update so just give him a few days. He has been working on new features to include with the kit for the new UE update.

Patients young grasshopper all good things come to those who wait :slight_smile:

it may not apply to this particular case but those that wait die without being someone. Never wait for someone to Start/Finish something for you when you can do it your self.

*love the kit thanks for the help on skype.

Iā€™m still working on the update (which will contain the quests system), you can expect it to hit the demo server and be released tomorrow if everything goes well. :slight_smile:

Good news: it seems you can port the project to 4.8 rather easily: change BuildingRocket() portion of your CleanThirdPersonServer.Target.cs to IsEngineInstalled(). Or you can just wait for the new update.

Thx for your solution.

My project is now on 4.8.

glad to hear your still supporting this, hanging out for the 4.8 release how much longerā€¦ lol are we there yet

I think Codeā€™s almost there, just give it time :slight_smile:

An extra note ā€“ how to find the CleanThirdPersonServer.Target.cs file: Select your project folder and Ctrl+F to Search Target.cs (or type in the whole file name), then open the file it finds in notepad.

For Substance Designer fans ā€” Since Substance plugin is now installable for v4.8 from the marketplace for projects (without having to use github), if you added the earlier plugin to your project you will need to remove the /plugins/Substance folder from the MMOKit to avoid an Already Exists error.