MMO Starter Kit

Quest system WIP:

http://losange-vision.com/questsWIP2.png

Oo, very nice! I look forward to seeing it :smiley:

How to set Chest armor for client character?

Hi

I am trying to force a character playing on the client into a custom armor kit Iā€™ve made and everything works except the chest, which is set last in the train of equipping in my blueprint. In game it doesnā€™t get set to what I specified and shows as none. Iā€™ve set the default armor to be blue, but the characterā€™s chest is showing as white, which is why I think itā€™s actually ā€˜noneā€™. When iā€™m running in PIE, and just setting the player controller 0, the chest sets just fine. it makes no difference if I try to set the chest first in the train of equipping. All the equipment has a material instance (although the legs have two material elements and thereā€™s only one entry in the ā€˜RogueBreechesā€™ DataAssetā€™s override field).

Hereā€™s the log:

[2015.05.09-06.59.24:379][946]LogVaRest: Response (200): {"status":"OK","name":"RogueBear","inventory":{"slot":1,"item":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueArmor.RogueArmor'","amount":1},{"slot":0,"item":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueArmor.RogueArmor'","amount":1}],"health":300,"mana":0,"level":0,"experience":0,"posx":4735,"posy":-3276,"posz":17543,"rotation_yaw":-0.705872,"equip_head":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueHelm2.RogueHelm2'","equip_chest":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueArmor.RogueArmor'","equip_hands":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueHands.RogueHands'","equip_legs":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueBreeches.RogueBreeches'","equip_feet":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueBoots.RogueBoots'"}
[2015.05.09-06.59.24:380][946]LogArray:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Materials out of bounds [0/0]!

Catching him on skype would be quicker, or you could at least link him to your post. I donā€™t think he checks this every day but he is on skype often and always responds when i asks questions.

Agreed,

When I was setting up the kit the first time, was always there to help me. I swear, the guy doesnā€™t sleep. I bet I had 50 questions that I asked over 20-30 days. The one time, I asked a question in Skype chat, and got no answerā€¦ an hour or so later, he answered. But, before the help, he apologized for taking so long to answer. Said he had family thing going on. ROFL!!.. Like he needed to apologizeā€¦ good griefā€¦ the guy is AWESOME.

I have had to table trying to work on the kit until I can get a inhome machine back up and running. When it is though, the MMOkit works so well after that first learning curve, I doubt Iā€™ll have much to ask Code. If I need to though, I know I can drop him a Skype chat and heā€™ll be there.

tomofnz, sent you a PM. :slight_smile:

Im interested in purchasing this kit. are there any plans to add sample spells on a ui and casts plus a party/invite system? Also why is it not on the Unreal Store? I would have purchased it by now if it was avalible there.

Edit: Just purchased it.

Hey

Are you planning to sell it in marketplace?
I canā€™t wait to have my own Wow UnRealm Server!

Gratz on getting the kitā€¦ And good luck in making your MMO dream come true.

Looks great, canā€™t wait!!

Itā€™s because it uses 3rd party plugins (VaRest) and also c++ code. Currently the marketplace will not allow for C++ code changes (or plugins).

@

Hey man, fantastic work!

Iā€™m just wondering if a first person view can be added? Is it possible? Iā€™m fairly new to unreal engine and C++!

Thanks

Here is another happy customer, just bought to learn how to make multiplayer with blueprint, was always there to help on skype, recommended.

Hi, you donā€™t need C++ for that but you do have to be familiar with blueprints and how to make a first person view in a single player game. You could take a look at Unrealā€™s FPS template project.

Hi ,

I have a question about your C++ part.
Do we need C++ code for the serveur connexion or we only need itā€™s for Varest ?
I have see code for the quality of items but for the other i canā€™t understand what the code do.

If we donā€™t use C++ with your project what will no more work ?

Thx

The project is about 95% blueprints, the C++ part is very small, but you canā€™t just remove it (why would you want to?) :slight_smile:

C++ is used for

1. connecting to the chat socket server (SocketConnect, exposed to blueprints) and
  2. inventory item data assets ItemData and Equipment (since you canā€™t create a new data asset type from the editor).

There are also a couple of new blueprint nodes in MMOUtility function library.

Ok, Thx

so if i remove your inventory and equipment part for add an other, i will have somes problems for save them ?

i m trying to had an other system for inventory / equipment / Skills / HotBar who can have a link for show them in hotbar.

Has anyone had the problem of custom inventory icons showing as white squares in the inventory (after populating the itemā€™s data asset)?

Hi, all inventory item icons should be placed in the same folder as the demo item icons (/Game/MMO/Textures), since they are loaded from that folder when the game starts. (UE4 doesnā€™t load textures which are not referenced automatically, and item icons are not referenced when the game starts)

If you want to change that folder, change this node in MMOPlayerController:

This was in the user guide, Troubleshooting section by the way. :slight_smile:

Oh cool, I didnā€™t see the troubleshooter info.

Nice to be able to set a custom folder for icons too.