MMO Starter Kit

Shoutout to @ Dude! I Like this kit very much. Although I haven’t experienced the game side of it all that much yet.

Now I have another problem! I am completely lost with step 4 of the PC change. I have done the previous 3 steps prior to 4:

1. Find the newly created animation blueprint - it should be in the same folder as your new character’s skeleton and it has a dark orange line on the bottom of it’s icon. Open its Anim Graph and click on the first node (Default State Machine). In the state machine open the Idle/Run state, choose the central Blendspace node (it will be named like IdleRun_TPP_Copy) and double-click on it to open the Blendspace.

I am attempting to replace the mannequin with Paragon: Greystone! and am lost in this and rest of the steps which I can’t find the Default State Machine. I see two Locomotions:

1. Locomotion
  2. Ground Locomotion

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to respond!

Thank you!

Sorry, but I don’t think this is correct. “CanExecuteCosmeticEvents” is a check whether we’re on client or on server. True = client. False = server.
So your server now doesn’t connect to chat server at all? That’s not a solution. You should figure out why the connection wasn’t happening, not turning it off altogether.

I think you can also launch server with -local if you want it to simply connect to chat server on the same machine.

That means the server can’t retrieve the character from DB. If you didn’t change anything in the scripts, it means your server can’t connect to DB. Does it work in editor?

@ That isn’t my issue now. I have a remote server and local client connecting properly as they should! Everything Client/Server is now working even the database too. The only trouble is when I create new levels which I understand because I didn’t add them to the properties. The other problem now is getting lost and confused at the character skinning I mentioned above.

Until I can digest step 4 through the rest with assigning the animations to the Player Character Anim_BP in my case, the Paragon Greystone as he is to become my Player Character I am stuck here.

@ I was able to get through everything I had mentioned previously with the help of when he and I discussed some settings that I didn’t originally have correct until our discussion back and forth then I was able to fix everything and my client and server now talk remotely. That was the last week. Moving forward for me, I am stuck with customizing the Player Character and NPCs now! :slight_smile: Thank you.

@

Okay, I am completely lost! I am lost on step 4 of the Changing the Player Character and the transfer of the animations. I am wanting to replace the Player Character with the Paragon: Greystone. I see to not find the TPT or whatever the documentation states. I did step 1-3 and am lost on step 4 continuing.

So I am completely lost. I am not sure what to do.

I’ve rewritten that part in the documentation for you. Some names have changed during the last refactoring, and the UE4 interface also changed significantly.

@ I restored the connection to the chat server as per your post. After some very intense packet inspection at our firewall i found the issue with the chat server threads. We utilize iptables as our firewall and while the normal rules were all correct it seems that the game server sends packets bound for the external adapter to be routed back to the chat server. once i created a rule accepting packets on the internal interface bound for the external address all was well. we now have a stable chat and party bars. thank you for your feedback.

@ I am confused! I have opened the Anim according to the step four and see this:

This is where I am getting lost! I am looking for the State Machine and I am not sure where the State Machine is…

Is that Visible (the State Machine or did I miss something?)

@IFamStudios the state machines are nested below the animgraph. if you you use the arrow and open the section you will see them.

Also while we all want to run, sometimes we have to crawl first. i would highly recommend some videos on the subject. they helped me greatly. https://youtube.com/watch?v=NYFeFUxU6DI

@ I believe that I have figured out what I am supposed to do here now. As I have gotten beyond step #4 in the Guide. I still need to do the same steps for the non-combat as I did for the combat. The one thing though is my screen looks a bit different than the example in the updated guide. Thanks for the update to the Doc. :slight_smile:

I have a screenshot I can include later if you have any questions.

@ Thank You! Prior to seeing your response, I was able to get this made:

I did the first part of this which was part 4 where I moved the walk, run and idle states I didn’t do the non-combat yet as I mentioned as I tried to skip a few steps. in terms of crawling, I didn’t crawl as I should have when I was learning I learned to walk first! :slight_smile: Then again, we all learn at different speeds! I don’t always get things immediately and digesting material sometimes takes me a little bit. Thanks for your guidance.

@

After some failures and restarting from ground zero, I have Greystone as the Player Character! For some reason I can’t figure out, is the HUD is no longer working now. I didn’t alter or change anything related to HUD at all. I know in the Greystone Character there is some input which is supposed to be replaced and haven’t done that yet as I am lost there now. I haven’t altered the Inventory Doll which might be linked to the HUD? (I don’t know, just guessing as I did that step once before and something else happened. I know too when I package the project my Player Character is a Mannequin. Will poke around some more and will report back.

@ Now my BP_Modular_Doll is playing dead! Whoops! Something is definitely not right here.

Hi, tell me how many changes need to be done to make a non-target system?

hey guys, I am developing a dynamic server system for MMOKIT. you can find more at:
DSS

Update: @ The Good news is The PC Character is now Greystone from Paragon! The movement input is not working correctly. At least I have the hud working now, not sure what I did to finally fix it except the clean start over I did. I believe I am set up with Source Control Also! Lots of progress recently!

Goodmorning everyone. I apologize for the trivial questions but unfortunately I’m at the beginning with the use of blueprints. I’m trying to solve a big problem with the correct orientation of the character in the movement. Practically the lateral movement (A and D …) does not seem to follow the right orientation … The character while moving in the right direction continues to keep the front direction giving his back to the camera as if he were still walking forward. Thanks in advance