MMO Starter Kit

After days and days trying to understand the mechanisms how the movement is linked to animation, I managed to solve the problem by replacing the existing 1D blend space with a 2d type (both for combat and non-combat). Adding in this new one the lateral and walking back animations, simply modifying the existing ABP_Mannequin’s EventGraph for have the necessary speeds forward and lateral values, the new animation works in an excellent way.
I’m happy :slight_smile:

for anyone interested here is the newest test release of our client. client.legacyofares.com

Im have having an issue with setting up multiple races. I know how to do them as single player but not sure with how this is set up.The database already holds and sets the class id so i was thinking about setting it up with classes Enum and each class having its own mesh. I know in single player you can just set it up through the widget and have lets say they click the warrior button and it changes the mesh to something else. Can I do the same thing with this or do i need to start somewhere else?

@ Good Evening, Im deeply sorry if there might been already a question, but, is it possible to use this kit not as 3rd person? As reading the documentation, I see that when installing… it asks for Thridperson, but can I for example use top down view ( Isometric) ?

@Morphis1792 in our game we have 2 races. we added a new int field to the db. In our case we called it allegiance. We added a choice to the main menu widget so you can select it on character creation. additionally you have to add the new field to the php scripts mmocreatecharacter, mmogetcharacters, mmogetcharacter and mmosavecharacter. of course there may be other scripts depending on your needs and usage. since the field in the db is an int you can have several races dependent on the numeric value in the field. i hope this gives you some insight.

Is anyone experiencing any issues with the save system? What I’m experiencing is the saving is not working for any character other than the play in editor character 0. I can connect, log in, create new characters, and all that works but once that character is in the world it no longer saves and it does not even load the characters name. This is an unedited project aside from server connection pieces.

Character saves/loads are explicitly logged with varest. You should look at the logs to see what’s going on, or paste here.

Are there varest specific logs or just the generic ue logs?

From what I’ve been able to gather from the logs AuthorizeEnter never gets called in the packaged build and it just loads in a generic character.

The “generic character” gets loaded if something fails in the process of retrieving your character. So yes, you have to look at logs (on the server side) and see what fails.

I’ve uploaded the 4.25 version on Sellfy.

If you want to upgrade an existing project from 4.24 to 4.25, get the latest version of VaRest and TCP Socket Plugin (they’re probably not yet available on the marketplace, so wait for them or get them from the 4.25 version on Sellfy).
Then do the following in blueprints: MMO Kit 4.24 to 4.25 guide - YouTube

@ Running into some issues with the updater/deploy/launcher on windows server2012 R2 hosting system i have. The uploader gets to 99/100 but still says completed hit any key to close but does not close on any key. The deploy looks fine when moving the files but seems like there is something strange going on between the hash file and the zip file inside the sizes for the files seem off. The zip file hash shows the files being bigger then then hash files. They all have a size and none show 0 so the next part is whats driven me crazy. When i use the launcher it will pull down the folder structure and the files to the temp folder but all the files come down as having 0kb in them and on the move from the temp file to the game folder the files seem to just be deleted and i am only left with the folder structure with no files. Any idea what could be causing this spent the better part of 3 days trying everything i can think to get it working even down to completely reinstalling everything on the server fresh os.

That’s fine, that’s just some racing conditions. I know that it happens sometimes, but since it’s a developer tool and players never see this, I just never fixed this. It’s not indicative of any problem though. It’s just that the processes ended before “100%” could be drawn on screen, and the program quit.

Probably because it’s the size of unzipped files.

That’s definitely a problem.
When the uploader uploads the big zip file, instead of going to the admin panel and hitting “deploy update”, try downloading the big archive manually and check if everything is ok inside.
My guess is that all is ok inside that big archive, which would mean that the php’s “deployment” script messes something up, probably due to the php script being interrupted during execution (some hosters shut down scripts that take longer than 8-10 seconds), or php being misconfigured. In that case, looking at php’s log would probably help figure out what’s going on.

@ figured it out. In case anyone else is running on window’s server and comes across this check in your mime types in your iis server and make sure to manually add in the 7zip to it. That is what was causing the files to come down with no data in them. now on to trying to figure out how to migrate my 4.24 project to the 4.25 any easy way of doing this?

Yes. Described a few posts above.

So only changes between .24 and .25 is the varest and tcp plugins?

Yes.
(Can’t post just one word… “Please enter a message with at least 10 characters”)

Hi ,
i have a little problem for use the player chat. I’m on windows 2016 server and 4.25 version of your kit
i think the configuration is good but he dont work when i play from the UE4 editor. All character stats / name etc work but not the chat.
the chat is on the same server avec mysql and i use the exact same hostname. i try to desactivate the firewall but it’s the same.

In your chat folder there is a newtonsoft.json.dll . do i need to drop it on a windows system folder for use the chat ?

my chat windows :

tempsnip.png](https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/filedata/fetch?id=1762012&d=)

i also have this message after stop play :

](https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/filedata/fetch?id=1762013&d=)

Thx

Are you using unmodified mmo kit version?

This is where the error happens in your code:

Do you have the same code in this method?

But this code is for client only. Why is your server not connecting to chat?
In PIE the editor will always attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1. But in cooked build, the server will attempt to connect to the address from mmogetserver.php.

I’m using a fresh 4.25 version of the kit atm. You answer my problem.
I’m in PIE editor and i was triing to use chat on vps server with the mysql. But now it’s good if i launch the chat on the dev computer.

Thx a lot. Good evening

Hello, since i have installed the Steam online subsytem in my game. When a client try to connect to the dedicated server, i receive this error : PreLogin failure: incompatible_unique_net_id and the client cannot connect?

What i need to add to be able to run your kit with the Steam online susbsystem?