MMO Starter Kit

before i go down the rabbit hole i thought i would reach out and ask if anyone has any good info on party experience. thanks in advance.

hey CS idk if you got my email but i still havent got the latest 4.23 download update through my email or sellfy can u resend the dl link?

What is the intended use of BP_AssetReferencer and EBP_AssetsResaver? Also the ā€œLoadItemIconsā€ function from mmoplayercontroller seems to be removed in the 4.23 version and now all my UI icons are white. Where did this functionality get moved to? I had assumed this function was somehow replaced by these 2 new BPā€™s but have been unable to figure out a way to make the UI icons load correctly using these BPā€™s.

I have also come across another issue in 4.23 that I think I have fixed before in previous versions but can not for the life of me figure out how to now. To recreate:

PlayTest with 2 characters. Loot an armor piece with each. Open equipment and inventory widget on both. Alternate equiping a piece of armor on both. You will notice that both characters are displaying the same doll and the updated equiping/unequiping is shown referencing the same character on both screens. So for one character it appears to work as intended, but for the other character you only see what the first character has equipped/unequipped.

Anyone else run into this and know where the issue is?

While we havenā€™t switched up to 4.23 as of yet, we have seen some odd behaviors like this with other features. I believe we tracked it down to the replication being ticked for server. for us I believe we were having issue with things working in editor but not in the final client. also we did some movement speed changes that required similar changes as one player changing speed affected all. I hope this gives you some direction.

Hi guys, Iā€™m having trouble registering data in mysql. He created a new inventory structure, with some aggregate tables, everything works fine, including the reception of data, except that, the insertion of data, the columns that give the index to the table.

<?php

include_once "mmoconnection.php"; 

$mydata = json_decode(file_get_contents('php://input'));

$charid = $mydata ->charid;
$heroeactual = $mydata ->heroeactual;
$inventory = $mydata ->inventory;
$inventario = $mydata ->inventario;
$equipamiento = $mydata ->equipamiento;
$quests = $mydata ->quests;

$stmt = $conn->prepare("DELETE FROM inventario WHERE character_id = ? ");

$stmt->bind_param("i", $charid);

$stmt->execute();

$stmt->close();

So far great, delete the indicated tables.

foreach ($inventario as &$entry) {

$objeto = $entry->objeto;

$stmt = $conn->prepare("INSERT INTO inventario VALUES (NULL, ?, ? )");

$stmt->bind_param("si", $objeto, $charid);

$stmt->execute();

$stmt->close();
}

[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

I think I am having the problem here, and it must be some small detail that I am not able to see.

[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

The data arrives correctly, here is the test:

[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

** Finally, the reception of the data towards the database:**

[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

I know it works, because other data, in other structures, records them without problems.

Maybe I shouldnā€™t post this here, but I donā€™t know where I can post it. What I can do? I simply have this step. I will be very grateful with your advice. A cordial greeting.

Kiremcito check to make sure your index is set for auto increment

Hi, Iā€™m afraid itā€™s auto increment ā€¦ =/

I still believe the problem is here:

foreach ($inventario as &$entry) {

$objeto = $entry->objeto;

$stmt = $conn->prepare("INSERT INTO inventario VALUES (NULL, ?, ? )");

$stmt->bind_param("si", $objeto, $charid);

$stmt->execute();

$stmt->close();
}

Or I donā€™t know, what to thinkā€¦

Ā”OMG funciona! Resulta que todo estaba bien, y habĆ­a puesto un bootleano en un mal lugar, Ā”lamento haber estallado! En este momento estoy muy feliz = ')

[SPOILER]1234.jpg[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

good day. does anyone have any good insight on preventing multiple user logins? it seems we have been able to log users simultaneously. are we overlooking something or do we need to create that function?

i just wanted to say thanks for keeping this updated!
this project started my journey in UE4 in 2015, and i still use it for inspiration.
best wishes!

for any one that is interested you can take a look at what we are doing with the kit. here. Redirecting...

https://scontent-den4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71498779_430323600930883_6183182090670964736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=krXsAi7DP1YAQnylSneXKLlrTDWZR_zLbmCLAajKCfR8TO7qtRT_19oLg&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=7e51d5a0cd510264a140471f5819f6e7&oe=5E722FC2

https://scontent-den4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p180x540/78655648_472521490044427_8647243341357907968_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=re_cE7u9EmgAQkokHGoufJEWwhyvkgJHwlW6QTCzRQ4z21ZkKTWjeeEPg&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=853c09e731fd19bc3f33a431b0699e1d&oe=5E7DF805

That is really pretty

Good Day. i have a question for that concerns the chat. we are still using the 4.22 engine. we have not chosen to make the switch to 4.23 as of yet. i was perusing the source for the chat and noticed the version of the newtonsoftjson.dll included with the chat engine is dated 3/14/16 and the version included in the unreal source is dated 11/22/19. could this be the source of the problems with the chat engine? i am guessing the parts of the mmokit when compiled would be using the newer version, but the already compiled component of the chat is using the older version. just curious. additionally the version that appears in the visual studio in the source code seems to point to a version dated 1/28/16.

update on my previous post. i copied the chat server source to another folder. i opened the sln and did the nuget update on the json package. i rerolled the chat with the new version and while it does run fine. it still stalls. =/ it did give me the new json with the .exe like it should and they launch and run great. but no bonus on the stall.

4.24 version is out:

• no changes

If youā€™re updating your project yourself:

Thereā€™s a known bug, where the game server timeouts from the chatserver after a couple of days of being online. Iā€™m investigating it. Otherwise the new chat server ran perfectly for a couple of months without needing to be rebooted.

hello guys
anyone worked on server instancing or have any tutorial related to that?

UE4.24

LogSockets: Warning: Tried to bind address with protocol None to a socket with protocol IPv4
LogUDPCommand: Error: Failed to bind listen socket to addr () for Matchmaking UDP

// InitSocket()
//
// Task: Init everything :slight_smile:
//
bool UMatchmakingUDPComponent::InitSocket(int32 port)
{
// Prepare Temp Variables
bool bSuccess = false;
ISocketSubsystem* SocketSubsystem = ISocketSubsystem::Get(PLATFORM_SOCKETSUBSYSTEM);
ListenAddr->SetPort(port);

// Create the needed Socket
ListenSocket = SocketSubsystem->CreateSocket(NAME_DGram, TEXT(ā€œUDP Matchmakingā€), true);
if (ListenSocket == NULL)
{
UE_LOG(LogUDPCommand, Error, TEXT(ā€œFailed to create listen socket for Matchmaking UDPā€));
return false;
}

// Set config
ListenSocket->SetReuseAddr();
ListenSocket->SetNonBlocking();
ListenSocket->SetRecvErr();

// Try to bind
if (ListenSocket->Bind(*ListenAddr))
return true;

// Binding failed -> Log Error
else {
UE_LOG(LogUDPCommand, Error, TEXT(ā€œFailed to bind listen socket to addr (%s) for Matchmaking UDPā€), *ListenAddr->ToString(true));
return false;
}
}
// InitSocket()

Hello, can I use visual studio 2019 for MMO Starter Kit 4.24, Or do I have to use 2017?

you can use both but recommend use the one in doc