MIssing UnrealEditor Executables After Installation on Linux

Hi.

Hi. I’m new to Unreal Engine, and I’m interested in starting my journey in game development.

So I aimed at installing the latest version of Unreal Engine [5] from the release branch in the private GitHub repository (not from the AUR), and following the installation instructions both from the Arch Wiki and on Github.

However—after cloning, compiling, and installing the software on my Arch Linux machine—the first time I’m greeted with is the following message:

Invalid command line

I don’t know why, and I can’t debug it (IDK how to launch Unreal via the command line/terminal). However, based on an old discussion thread I’ve found here, it seems that the launchers themselves are missing, and so cant run the program.

I checked in the documentation of Unreal Engine 5.2 Installation on Linux and I’m finding that the launcher is COMPLETELY ABSENT! (Either during git cloning, or it wasn’t built at all).

I don’t know where to go from here: Do I re-install Unreal Engine? Re-compile the files I’ve already downloaded? Or re-download the entire Unreal Engine package from Github and redo the installation process from scratch.

I hope to find help around here.

Screenshot from 2023-05-17 13-34-23

If it helps, the exact version I’ve currently installed is v5.2 (released one week ago at the time of writing this post).

For future readers, I’ve got to solve this issue with an alternate method of installation: To get Unreal Engine to launch, you have to install the binary version from the AUR instead; further instructions are provided in the pinned comment.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.