Missing Quixel Bridge add on in new UE5

I had UE5 installed on a secondary drive, but after reinstalling it onto the C drive everything showed up… I hope this helps.

1 Like

The problem for new users has been resolved.

If Quixel Bridge isn’t showing up, please make sure your launcher is up to date and then search for Quixel Bridge and install it to your Engine version.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just updated my launcher and it still isn’t returning anything in the vault.

Sent a PM to save the thread :slight_smile:

Is there must be update for the launcher with this fix?
I didn’t get any updates even after reinstalling the launcher…
Version is still the same: 14.0.2-19620145. Nothing changed for me :frowning:

The change itself didn’t require a launcher update to be pushed to the community. However, it ensured that you were on the latest version since the UE5 launch. Have you restarted the launcher and attempted searching for Quixel Bridge directly in your vault?

This did not work for me. I completely uninstalled and re-installed Epic Launcher and Unreal Engine 5 after your update, all latest version available to me (14.0.2-19620145) , and no luck. I do not see it in my vault.

Same like AlexChopjian :frowning:

The team did mention that a few might have slipped through the manual process. Could you PM me with your EpicID/email so we can look into this for you?

And for anyone else that might come across this, please make sure to restart your launcher and attempt to find Quixel Bridge in your vault before reaching out via PM with the above information :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think the whole problem is in the standalone Quixel Bridge application. I have the current version which is 2022.0.1 (btw UE5 Bridge plugin has version 2022.0.2 but the application is 0.1, strange no?) and if I select Export Settings in the Bridge standalone application, there is no UE5 Plugin Location option, only UE4.27 and lower versions

The issue was to do with entitlement when it came to fresh/new installations. This has since been resolved, but for those already affected, it requires installing Quixel Bridge to the Engine from your vault. However, there are still a few that haven’t been able to go through that process, in which case we will have to look at those accounts individually :slight_smile:

For me the Bridge plugin shows up in UE5, my problem is the standalone Bridge app which seems to be up to date but there is no option to set the path for the UE5 plugin (only UE4.27 and earlier). So I can’t send meshes and textures from Bridge to UE5, they are not linked.

1 Like

You don’t need to use seperate Bridge app for UE5, check out latest messages and screenshots in this topic.
You can find Bridge integrated in menu of engine if you are successfully enable it in plugins menu in your UE5.

Yeah but I can’t login to my Bridge account inside UE5:
Failed to load URL Epic Games with error ERR_CONNECTION_RESET (-101).

Well… Maybe there is some network problem. Did you tried to use VPN or any other log-in method?

I’m using VPN permanently, I tried to disable my VPN but it didn’t help.

Can’t advise much more, but also you can check your firewall and antivirus software if it’s not blocking your internet connection for UE, and as I mentioned - try other log-in method.

Well I’m currently logged in on both my Epic and Quixel account via web browser but UE5 still wants its own login apparently. Also tried disabling my antivirus software, VPN, firewall… nothing helped. Also tried to changed default Windows web browser from Firefox to Chrome to Edge… nothing.

You can also have a try to find some info about your issue or create another topic on Quixel’s forum. Also try this:

it’s working now! It was firewall after all!

1 Like