Missing Quixel Bridge add on in new UE5

I can’t find the Bridge plugin anywhere since I downloaded UE5 for the first time yesterday. Since then I’ve installed then re-installed UE5 and the Epic Games Launcher numerous times to try and remedy the problem. I’ve noticed a few posts from staff saying the issue is fixed but still can’t find the plugin in the engine, my vault, or the marketplace. Here’s hoping it’s truly resolved for all soon and if anyone has any tips I’d be grateful. I’ve done everything I could think of to fix it on my end.

3 Likes

Mine is just in the plug-ins.

I don’t think there is anything to be added.
I think the menu location changed to the content browser.

1 Like

yes yes, we all know about this.
this is NOT it.

The plugin simply does not exist in the vault/marketplace/engine/anywhere, like he said. there’s nothing TO turn on.

2 Likes

I guess I had it since Early Access.

And when I check it now on the marketplace it does say it is unavailable.

I am sure this will be corrected soon.
Cheers.

1 Like

i have some free time tomorrow, so i can always pull the nuclear option and reinstall windows lol.
i’ve moved things around, installed uninstalled bridge for 4.26, pulled a hard drive that ruined my epic games installation. it’s a mess lol.

I hope so, thank you though for the response

I assume the reason it’s no longer on the marketplace is that there’s likely no point in installing from the marketplace any longer, now that the Quixel Bridge is part of the base engine. (Nor do I imagine the marketplace version would continue to be maintained as a separate thing, as a result.)

It might be that the binary build somehow mistakenly omitted it? Indeed, installing the binary build does not seem to have it for me (though installing the cached Marketplace copy of the plugin into the binary build works fine), while a source build does have the plugin already there.

This feels like an oversight/mistake to me.

In which case, until that gets corrected in the binary image of the engine, here’s a copy of the built version from the launcher’s local cache of Marketplace items on my machine. Just unzip it into the UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins directory (wherever you installed UE5); it should leave you with a Bridge subdirectory containing the plugin, and then I believe you’re good-to-go when you next start up the engine.

(Forum mods: I am assuming this is okay to throw out there to get folks unstuck, given that it should be part of the base installation – and demonstrably is part of the source build – and was free to start with; if I’m wrong on that and it is Forbidden for whatever reason, let me know and I’ll yoink the link.)

4 Likes

does this add it to the vault as well? Just wondering if it’ll stay updated or not if we manually add the plugin folder like this.

no problem if you don’t know lol. i’m assuming yours works fine so there’d be no way to test anyway.

update, , a mod here, managed to get quixel bridge into my vault after giving them my account and email address.

1 Like

Upon restarting and searching your vault, you should now find Quixel Bridge- which you can then install to your Engine version.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have installed UE5 and set it to Current.

Quixel Bridge will not appear in my vault to download/install.

Needless to say, I am not able to enable the plugin inside UE5.

Any tips?

1 Like

Same here, I am on Mac though so I don’t if that has to duo anything with this.

same here. no quixel panel inside and marketplace doesn’t work too.

Hi all, had the same issue and I fixed by uninstalling UE5.0 as well as the Epic Launcher and Epic Online Services, then reinstalled everything and that fixed it. Maybe not all those steps are necessary, but that’s what worked for me. I had a project from Preview 2 and was having other issues with it and those issues are now resolved as well. Cheers! Hope that helps. Might just be that they updated something. I noticed that Bridge installed as a plugin after the most recent install and for whatever reason that didn’t happen before.

Same here, no Quixel panel in UE5, can’t find quixel bridge in plugins / vault / market place.

I reinstalled the Epic launcher and UE5 to no avail.

I tried deleting the MegaScans plugin folder, this did also not work.

1 Like

Same here, Mac, fresh install, doesn’t show up in the UI or plugins folder

Hey folks!

There was an issue with entitlements which has since been fixed. However, some were affected. Please close and restart your launcher, search your vault for Quixel Bridge, and install to Engine.

That being said, there are still a few individuals that are still affected. If this is the case for you, please let me know, and we can look into your account further and get this resolved.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I have no Quixel Bridge for my Unreal 5. It’s not in my Vault or the Plugins.

Hi, I downloaded UE5 and I’m trying to get Quixel content and option and it doesn’t show up I download Quixel Bridge but still nothing. When I right click on content browser and scroll down to Create Advanced assets the Add Quixel Content option is not there, Please if someone can help me. Thank you

Same issue here.