Missing Quixel Bridge add on in new UE5

Merged a similar thread with this one. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone. Close UE5 and go to the Bridge plug-in in through your Library or Marketplace and do a fresh install of Bridge for 5.0.
I then reopened and saw the Bridge link from the + icon where it used to be.
I figured Bridge would just be built into all installs of UE moving forward.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

I cannot find the plugin for UE5.0 in the marketplace. Can you confirm the plugin in Quixel Bridge itself? I see UE 7.5 version

There is no plugin to setup in Vault, Library and in Marketplace. :frowning:
Launcher latest version - 14.02.19620145
UE5 engine was instaled today for the first time, so maybe this is a problem?
Maybe plugin isn’t shipped by default in release version?

3 Likes

That is the launcher version I have as well

We are looking into this further, and QA has been able to reproduce it. Appears to be a couple of issues presenting themselves.

For existing users, (for good measure might be good to restart that PC this week :wink: ) make sure your launcher is up to date; if you have it in your vault, attempt installation from the vault (it should bring up an Engine version prompt).

However, if you are a new user, the problem is deeper, but the team is currently investigating this further.

As soon as this has been fully identified and we have more information I will update :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I can’t tell if I overlooked Quixel Bridge in my vault (I don’t recall ever adding it)… but after restarting my PC, reviewing your post… Quixel was there in my vault. Selected 5.0 and it’s now in engine.

3 Likes

Huzzah! It sounds like you might have willed it into existence :wink:

1 Like

I had to find the Bridge plugin in my library (vault), and from there install it to Engine 5.0.

Now it’s working.

5 Likes

The team has identified the larger problem and is currently pushing a solution to stop the problem from happening to more people. However, the solution to update those already affected is a somewhat manual one and could take up to 24hours.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Right on! Kudos to the team for not only identifying but pushing a fix so quickly!

Really looking forwards to an update on this! I feel like it won’t be right jumping into UE5 without the proper Quixel support.

Same problem, no plugin not in vault restarted pc, also links to quixel bridge bring a 404 not found page. Downloaded UE5 earlier today

2 Likes

I found a workaround for now until the button comes back. I opened a fresh 4.27 project and enabled Bridge on that project. Once Bridge uploaded to the 4.27 project I migrated the content to my 5.0 project. Not clean but it worked

Hey everyone, I responded in similar threads not realizing this one existed:

I fixed by uninstalling UE5.0 as well as the Epic Launcher and Epic Online Services, then reinstalled everything and that fixed it. Maybe not all those steps are necessary, but that’s what worked for me. I had a project from Preview 2 and was having other issues with it and those issues are now resolved as well. I noticed that Bridge installed as a plugin after the most recent install and for whatever reason that didn’t happen before.

Brand new UE5 install, Quixel Bridge is missing. 10 mins into first ever tutorial. 1 hour trying to work out the bridge missing bit. Will come back tomorrow.

HOW TO FIX BRIDGE MISSING

1. Go to the Epic Games Launcher

2. Go to Library

3. Scroll down to Vault

4. Search for “Bridge”

5. Click on install and install to 5.0

6. Check if it is installed in plugins in UE Editor

7. Under the cube icon there should be Quixel Bridge

Enjoy :grinning:

15 Likes

If you’re doing a fresh production install of UE5 there is no Bridge in Vault or Plugins.

2 Likes

Ty for that. The one place I did not look. lol

I am also experiencing this issue as a new Unreal user. I have tried many things but have been unsuccessful. Hopefully a patch comes soon!

1 Like