Mirror World Visual

Okay so I’ve never seen this particular application of Post Processing before mainly because I don’t know how many people see a use for it but I’ll ask the question here and see if I can replicate it. So here’s what I’m looking at: in this really old PS2 game, Jak 2, there is a Secret you can unlock called Mirror World. Basically it takes the rendering of the world you’re in and flips it along the Y-axis. The thing is, I’m pretty sure this is a post process material because, while it is flipping the screen, it does not flip the controls so while Mirror World is active, if you move left, you’ll see your character move right. I don’t know the right search terms to look up this particular application but if someone already made a basic tutorial that answers this one, I’d appreciate it. Or if one isn’t necessary, justa basic description of the node set-up I’ll need is enough.

Thank you for whatever responses I receive.

Hey there @OmegaRunner! Our very own ClockworkOcean answered this one a while back on this thread here:

1 Like

Oh, thank you, I didn’t actually know. Do you want me to delete this question then? Because I’m not opposed to it.

Nope! You can mark my solution and it will help others in the future to find the original answer in the future. I miss the Jak series as well, good luck with your project!

2 Likes