MAY #UE4JAM, May 14 - May 17, Theme: RAINING CATS AND DOGS

Thunderbolts And Lightning is as done as it’s gonna get I think. And I need some sleep.

A silly game about sailing your sailboat home in a storm. There’s a lot I’m not super satisfied with, but some bits I do like.

Download:

Team:
Team members: (Go me)
Submission name: Thunderbolts And Lightning

nice work people who submitted

So this was my first game jam, probably not my last as i had fun working on this and I learned a small bit about 2D interaction which i will need to a game i wanna make so look forward to me being int he WIP forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Download:

Team:
Team members:
Submission name:

How To Play
Left Click on cats and dogs to destroy them
R to Reload.
Enter on game over to restart the level

Hey man, that was really cool.

Only thing I can say I didn’t like was the light house was somewhat difficult to see. Maybe create an emissive ball that rotates in the center of the lighthouse as the light source. To make the area a bit bigger so the player doesn’t confuse it?

Loved the rain and water, and pretty darn good job simulating the huge waves. Was the lightning just a toggled light you set on a timer? Really cool. Awesome man! That was fun.

~rush

Can’t wait to see your entry ^^

I had my big level all ready with everything it needed. Then I made a new level for the intro/opening and added a menu to load the level with streaming.

Compiled, clicked the button, UE4 crashes. Reload project. The level has a spawned character, one BSP brush that wasn’t there, and everything else is gone. My entire level was overwritten by the spawned character and default empty level.

Game jam over :cry:

Submit the project files this time :slight_smile:

I couldn’t get git to work and was using TortoiseHG to save versions outside but got caught up in the rush. I know its totally my fault but it was crushing!

It was fun.
Thank you.
I am sorry that a file is big.
There is a program bug; is sorry.
I sleep.:smiley:

dwonload: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-7H8IjwA4OyX0FKSmJDckdhNVU/view?usp=sharing

wait a min. … the timer on the first page says 8 hours to go is that correct ?

Yep! about 8 hrs from now actually :slight_smile:

Team Name : SGS
Team Members : McDonald
Submission Name : SGS_AntDefenceForce

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxpukirbJ9PIaV9pRHlLd2JRaGc/view?usp=sharing

Lonely Storm

Download
Lonely Storm
*“This is pretty chill. I like this =)”

“This purple dude is the next Sonic”

“Cool bug on the tree”

“Dude, digging the music.”*

https://youtube.com/yaIWnkg7JDc

Description
Inspired by the Pigmy Gecko, Titan’s Kraken Mare Sea and partially from Ori’s Tree, Lonely Storm immerses the player in a Giant World!
Raining Cats and Dogs has a whole new meaning when each rain drop towers our friend by ten folds!
And for such a small creature, there are bound to be unseen giants keeping a watchful eye!
As if all these perils were not enough, this quirky fellow must brave his lonely entourage to sustain his home, the last of the Great Trees!
But he is not so helpless. Enter the Albino Mode and the rain drops might as well stop in their tracks with such speed!

With the help of his inner-strength, and the bits of nourishment left in his world, our friend stands a to survive still!

Game Perspective
Proudly delivers this project to the May 2015 Game Jam!

Team: [SIZE=3]Game Perspective
Team Members: David Hache, Marianne Meloche
Submission Name: Lonely Storm
Download[/SIZE]

Technical
In hindsight, it may not be so obvious at first, but the player must return the seeds near the tree where he first appears.
The project is pretty hefty, I used big assets and spent little time cleaning up the project.
Hopefully the video will compensate :slight_smile:

Enjoy and best regards to all!

Ah, unable to build it :frowning:
Been really good experience though but didn’t get it anywhere near where i wanted it to be.
Project files are 11GB so dont think I will be able to get them uploaded and submitted.

Just reminding… in 6 hours, I’ll be live streaming a play through of all the entries in this game jam at

That was really cool, had fun playing it! The Mechanics were pretty tight :slight_smile: Nice job!

Cool mechanics! That wind is such a nemesis!

And I thought I could finally get some sleep… What are a few more hours at this point right :smiley:

Oh noeeee I used an old template :expressionless: fixing now!

Tokyo Storm

Tokyo Storm

You play as a dog that must race a cat to the end of a street in Tokyo, taking advantage of the pedestrians umbrellas on this stormy day.

Team:
Team Members:
Submission Name: Tokyo Storm

This is my first time entering the game jam and I gotta say it was a lot of fun to start and finish a somewhat playable game in such a short time frame.
I definitely would have liked to got more done on the graphic/animation side of things or added more stuff like bonuses and a bigger variety of obstacles.
Also the audio sucks because I made all of the sound effects using my voice, including the rain and wind :confused:

Team: Segrid Squad
Team Members:
Submission Name: Dog Collecting Simulator

Cat Interstellar

Play as a lost “Dog V3” drone on an alien planet trying to follow tracks to get back to its base.

Team: Ionized Games
Team Members: Taylor Loper
Submission Name: Cat Interstellar

First GameJam too and it was a blast. Wish I had more time to expand on the level design but I guess that’s part of the learning experience.
P.S. Check the rock at the fork