Match-3 Framework

I sent you a private message. If you still have issues, you could send me your project files and I will look over it personally.

Nice system but bad timing seeing epic did a twitch cast on making your own match3 game. I do want to know if this will work with 4.9 preview4 ?

Not too worried. There is a new match-3 template also in the Blueprint section. It depends what you need. My template is highly customizable especially with the level layout.

To 4.9Preview
For the most part, 4.9 works if from 4.8. It gives an accessed none warning that it didn’t give before so I would ignore it for now. The only real issue is the Score tracker widget now blocks game pieces being clicked that are near by. To fix this you have to go in the M3_MainGame, select the component Scoreand Reft and change its Draw Size X to 150. Can now use world space instead of screen without crashing(might of been fixed a while back)

Hello, I love your blueprint and it is good value for money. Thankyou.
Question: I have a level (Level Selection) that has four options. When you click one option (a plane with an image) you can play a sting of levels. When you are completed an zone that has a many levels I have it so you can go back into the Level selection. In the Default Maps / Game Default Map I have is so when ther is no level to go to it goes back to the Level Selection.
Problem: Is that when you finish a zone and go back to the Level Selection my Onclicked option (a plane with an image) and exit buttons don’t work.
Any suggestions please.
Regards, Dean.

i’m currently having an issue with 4.8 where i try to create project from under the “Vault” header and it gives me a message c:/users/name/documents/unreal projects/match3blueprint/match-3blueprint/match-3blueprint.uproject “project names can’t contain the character” “-” even though nowhere in the project name in the actual directory contains the character “-” i dont even have a folder named match-3blueprint located inside folder match3blueprint. all i have is yada/match3blueprint/match3blueprint.uproject.

You would be getting this error from the project name being called Match-3Blueprint, so just change it to something else or Match3blueprint.

I can’t offer support for widget related issues but one thing I can tell you is that I’ve also had issues n the past where widget buttons would sometimes work while other times not work. make sure there isn’t any other “layer” or widget that could be blocking the clicks.

Any one check this in 4.9.2?
Like to know before buy this :slight_smile:

I’m getting an issue where the tiles overlap after falling when a match is made leaving blank spaces at the top of the board. Using 4.8.3 and the 4.8 version of the framework.

Does this work with 4.10?

Have had this for a while, but figured i’d see how it functions… yet when I create a new project it doesn’t actually generate the project file. Everything else appears to be created except the uproject file. Have tried 3x, same result each time.

I have the same issue. Any updates on this?

I also have this problem. when i create project in makes match3framework folder which contain blueprint,mesh and material folders, but not unreal project file. Any solution?

If you create Match 3 project … and then create a normal blank project, you can copy the two folders into the blank project. Then follow his tutorial as normal and it will work.

okay now it works, thanks. Now i can build my own “puzzle game”, but how i can add more game pieces, there are in this package 5 and when i press add game piece material it didn’t add. I have 7 game material pieces

Doesnt work Level change i do the same moves like a Video on Youtube but nothing … please check it maybe your project is dodgy its impossible to do the same like a video and nothing to happen … doesnt change level when is finish the moves that is … stopping there you cant do nothing or please send me the fixed M3_maingame i think is ther the problem …

I have also try to do that level changing, my minigame has 8 different levels. Is there any way to save player high score? for blueprint code

is there any tutorial that how save player high score in every level? and how that moving one level to another is working, tried to do like tutorial. and now i have added levels and sometime 25% game crashes and i get next error:
Screen capture - 2676ffee17c9aad86b7f73b2120068c0 - Gyazo . Some error which contain set collision enabled etc. I have not changed blueprint code, only added new levels an that code

Nothing its still doesnt coming up the text when you finish the level like excellent

What a disappoitment these tutorial. I have done it several times, but not coming Endgame widget when no moves to left and Congratulation text that i can go main menu and choose different level. It is okay package, but not working like it would be and seller haven’t answered several weeks in my mail that he could tell what is wrong. I haven’t edited blueprint only added new levels and made it like tutorial and many others have similar problems, but seller won’t help