MASS Colliders - How To?

Greeting all, I have looked through the documentation we currently have for UE5, and in the AncientWorld project the Instanced & MASS collections all have a Collider which is custom to the group of Nanite Objects.

I would like to know how to go about creating these custom colliders. I know how to create colliders per individual Nanite SM, but how would one go about doing it for a Instanced Level / BP of them?

I been looking at the Plugins included with the AncientWorld however all the ones I figured it would allow me to do it doesn’t to be it.

I believe they have been using the InstanceLevelCollision plugin found in the Valley project. Go to that plugin folder and run the Widget_ColliderMaker editor widget. Select your geo in the world outliner, and hit generate collisions. That seems to generate collider geo into the world, but that’s as far as my R&D has gotten so far. Its also pretty slow so just try a single mesh to start.

Edit, Epic did mention this tool towards the end of the Nanite stream, I think they hope to expand and improve this tool before recommending or shipping it with engine, so I suspect its a bit of a “here be dragons” tool for now.

4 Likes

Thanks for this, will need to do a bit of experimenting with the params. Good to have 1 collision for a group of SM.

It would be great to get an explanation of the parameters because so far my results are horrible. I’ve tried messing with the voxel settings and the percent before simplify but it takes really long like was mentioned earlier in this thread.