Marketplace Content - What would you like to see from the community?

I think the most important part will be strict rules and norms for content and code. Market will be effective only if you will be able to separate garbage from useful things. Things need to be clean even if you download and install high amount of content. I would not like to see there amateur models made using tutorials and authors that just want to make some money even without required experience.

I think there can be rule that every models will need to have LOD and good optimalization. I would not like to buy unfinished work :slight_smile:

I agree, when it comes to models there should be no duplicates/similar models and should pass the EPIC standards.

Epic standards YESā€¦I donā€™t want trash on market like some of the free model web sitesā€¦ :confused:

Again, is all great . We are really wanting Marketplace to be a valuable resource for you all, so conversation is great. I might also second whoever mentioned oceans/water stuff. Challenging to do if youā€™re less artsy (me).

Animations! It seems like good animations at a reasonable price is hard to come by.

I also want good models for common stuff (architectural details, furniture and appliances) that can be used in several games without it making them feel unoriginal.

I can also think of some kind of standard for skeletons atleast human ones. I am not sure how it is in UE4 but I think it will make animations reusable for multiple skeletal meshes.

Just a break down on some ideas:

• A voting system like steam green light for assets to keep low quality assets from flooding the marketplace

• A ā€œnon-exclusive priceā€ and a ā€œexclusive use priceā€, Example would be I have a character model that is a 100 dollars for ā€œnon-exclusive priceā€ and for 5k is the ā€œexclusive use priceā€. would be optional but similar to the way website templates are sold.

• Abilities to preview 3D assets in a 3D previewer instead of just 2D images would be a nice touch.

• Having away to test or demo blueprint code (without showing set up) so users could make sure the blueprint would be able to actually do what it says it can do. Example would be having a wall climbing blueprint, users would be able to launch a small demo level with the code working on a default character.

• Possibly having educational courses for sale that give you not only the final ā€œasset or blueprintā€ but also give users the information on how and why they build it the way they did.

[=BradleyWascher;116186]
Just a break down on some ideas:

• A voting system like steam green light for assets to keep low quality assets from flooding the marketplace

I like the greenlight process, I too would be a fan of making sure of functional but semi quality items get in. I donā€™t mind low poly (ā€˜less qualityā€™ art/code) as could be an entry point for many beginning modeler/programmers/designer. It would be nice for them and us because of lower quality stuff could go for cheaper prices (which i am all for). Its a tough balance.

Definitely shaders and dynamic skyboxes. Some sort of dynamic weather system would be nice as well, that would include rain, snow, sandstorms, etc. Special is another thing that would interest me.

[=BradleyWascher;116186]

• Abilities to preview 3D assets in a 3D previewer instead of just 2D images would be a nice touch.

People could track the source data of the asset and hack it. Unless thereā€™s a way to protect it? If so threejs is a good candidate.

[=;117063]
People could track the source data of the asset and hack it. Unless thereā€™s a way to protect it? If so threejs is a good candidate.

If you let people freely download the geometry and textures to display somewhere, no matter how strong encryption and nonsense you use, someone will steal it.

I have one question:

To be able to use Marketplace to sell plugins, models, etc, do we need to have an active license? Or can cancel my license and still be able to keep selling on Maketplace?

i will vote for particles, materials and animated models.

[=Alex3d;118382]
To be able to use Marketplace to sell plugins, models, etc, do we need to have an active license? Or can cancel my license and still be able to keep selling on Maketplace?

, Iā€™m no lawyer, but as far as I am aware, your ā€œlicenseā€ is always active for the version you download, if you have paid once. You just donā€™t ā€œget a new licenseā€ for the latest versions of the engine.

What I mean is: If someone cancel his subscription, will he still have acess to sell models on marketplace? If so, that ok.

Honestly, I would like to see more plug ins and extensions. Having models/textures/assets in a game designerā€™s marketplace makes for a ton of games that all look alike ( should be a no brainer). You shouldnā€™t even start a game project if youā€™re not going to create your own assets. But, better support for programs like Blender would be nice - even if itā€™s just a skeletal mesh I could model around or something that creates better Blender to .fbx support. Things like that are whats important because not everybody can afford Maya. If youā€™re going to do models then make them generic things like walls, doors, boxes etc. Things that pretty much look the same everywhere. I could see that being useful. Maybe guns with all the necessary code attached? Animations would be nice (character animations that is). But otherwise I think the marketplace is just fine as is so far. I know thereā€™s work to be but itā€™s headed in the right direction as far as Iā€™m concerned.

For me most important thing would be quality control. Knowing that if I am purchasing something it will work as expected.

That said, I would like to see:
Material and libraries.
Different setups for a atmospheric conditions with good soundā€¦ (Snow, snow storm, rain, thunderstorm, heavy wind, fog.)
Back plates (deserts, mountains, hills, plains).

Most of those things can be found inside free content that Epic released to Marketplace but you need to hunt for it. Maybe Epic could rearrange those assets into categories that will be available on market place?

I would like to see

1:some kind of plugins
Let say super power pluginā€¦ where it opens a window where you can set all your super power (sprint, jump, transformation, fire power ice power and so on) for exemple, tweak them to your need then having an auto blueprint built that place it all in place for you.

Or let say water generator pluginā€¦ where it give you a spine tool and more that generate rivers, pond, ocean, water physic, underwater Hue, falls and so on where you could again tweak the water current and so on

Or lets say an easy path generator plugin for AI and animals for exemple with random action based on your settings

Or atmospheric condition from a pluginā€¦ again you tweak it and it get auto generated in the lvl blueprint

2: Lots of Assets of course

3: Material

4: Animals with working skeleton

5: Particles!! I love beautiful particles

I am just a enthusiasm map builderā€¦ I know nothing of coding and I am not an artistā€¦ I learned most of the basic blueprint stuff but I would really like to be able to build a game/lvl the way I want using free and paid stuff and If I could have it simplified by some really functional plugins, that would make it perfect for me!!

I love the engineā€¦ I spend more time playing with it than gaming lol

Thanks, for all the excellent discussion and ideas . We have opened a New Marketplace Forum](://forums.unrealengine./forumdisplay.php?56-Marketplace) to go along with todayā€™s announcement about Marketplace](://.unrealengine./blog/marketplace-now-open-for-early-submissions).

We canā€™t wait to see what you all create :slight_smile:

Animation Packs!!