Marketplace Content - What would you like to see from the community?

Looks to me like Battlefront 2 uses a post processing for most of the rain, and then has particle emitters near the doors and such.

Those particle emitters near the doors look a bit weird though, you can see it from a distance quite clearly, but maybe that’s just because I’m paying too much attention to it.

The post process and the terrain looks amazing though.

Edit: Watched the video again, I noticed there are some clouds when running outside in the rain. What are those? Seems like either it’s post processing or it’s particle emitters spawning in front of the player/camera. Or they are placed particle emitters that are triggered when walking nearby.

I’d like to see nice VR-ready particle FX in variety of styles (suitable for next-gen, anime and low poly styles of games). Fires, fireballs, smokes, magic, sparks, debris, snow/rain, etc.

Also would like to see some kind of third person archery system with basic ai. There is lot of shooter and also sword assets with ai etc. But some archery/bow system. There is still art of combat, which include those qualities but maybe some other same kind stuff

Currently in the marketplace, lack of variety in animation packs is the most important problem, I see…

[=“LowEntry, post:620, topic:8576”]

Looks to me like Battlefront 2 uses a post processing for most of the rain, and then has particle emitters near the doors and such.

Those particle emitters near the doors look a bit weird though, you can see it from a distance quite clearly, but maybe that’s just because I’m paying too much attention to it.

The post process and the terrain looks amazing though.

Edit: Watched the video again, I noticed there are some clouds when running outside in the rain. What are those? Seems like either it’s post processing or it’s particle emitters spawning in front of the player/camera. Or they are placed particle emitters that are triggered when walking nearby.

[/]

I think the clouds/gusts are emitters, or at least they seem to be. Very subtle effect too, but adds a nice touch.

It would be cool if we could aggregate all the UE4 content online into one place, accessible through the Epic Games Launcher (a sort of expanded Marketplace).

Having run around the net, becoming a digital hoarder is great and all, but sharing those tools and assets has been educational, rewarding and inspiring. Without the community our team wouldn’t have made progress to the extent that we have been able with community support.

Could we submit content found online, with author -> along with necessary requests.

Don’t know if anyone still reads the sticky but.

We are in need of some 8-way movement sets that also includes 45 angles as well as stop/starts.

Things like limping, wall climbing, ladder climbing swimming. The general packages handles the most common movements but what is lacking is the not all to common.

A reduced price limp package would make for an excellent add on purchase.

Hi . Do you want or need any specific decals for your games?

Code plugin developer .

I would like to know:

• What limitations of blueprint are you currently running into?
  • What functionality can you come up with that currently isn’t achievable with blueprint alone?

[=“LowEntry, post:629, topic:8576”]

Code plugin developer .

I would like to know:

• What limitations of blueprint are you currently running into?
  • What functionality can you come up with that currently isn’t achievable with blueprint alone?
    [/]

The number one question I get regarding my Inventory Examine System on the marketplace is “How can I convert to 3rd person” - maybe figure out a nice technique for transferring First Person BPs over to 3rd Person in a methodical way.

[=“CreativeVilla, post:630, topic:8576”]

The number one question I get regarding my Inventory Examine System on the marketplace is “How can I convert to 3rd person” - maybe figure out a nice technique for transferring First Person BPs over to 3rd Person in a methodical way.
[/]

Can’t you just place the widget on a plane, then make it move however you want (like in front of the player, move the camera slightly to the right, dead space style)?

://gamefaqs.akamaized.net/screens/0/5/1/gfs_106428_2_9.jpg

Or do they mean something else with 3th person?

What exactly did you have in mind?

[=“LowEntry, post:631, topic:8576”]

Can’t you just place the widget on a plane, then make it move however you want (like in front of the player, move the camera slightly to the right, dead space style)?

://gamefaqs.akamaized.net/screens/0/5/1/gfs_106428_2_9.jpg

Or do they mean something else with 3th person?

What exactly did you have in mind?

[/]

The majority of the Blueprint instructions are currently within the First Person character BP… lots of folks want to use the functionality of the inventory system… but within a Third Person character (widgets aside) . The challenge is most of the ‘calls’ from the other blueprints, and widgets are to the First Person (casting, etc)

[=“CreativeVilla, post:633, topic:8576”]

The majority of the Blueprint instructions are currently within the First Person character BP… lots of folks want to use the functionality of the inventory system… but within a Third Person character (widgets aside) . The challenge is most of the ‘calls’ from the other blueprints, and widgets are to the First Person (casting, etc)
[/]

You would create a blueprint class derived from Character class and put all stuff there, then should change their character class of choice to point to the new class instead. It will not break any compatibility along.

[=“NilsonLima, post:634, topic:8576”]

You would create a blueprint class derived from Character class and put all stuff there, then should change their character class of choice to point to the new class instead. It will not break any compatibility along.
[/]

Yeah, that’s the most sensible option.

You could also completely separate the inventory functionality from the character classes all together, and to just have an Inventory class instead. That way, you could have several inventories per character if you wanted to, plus, other objects (NPCs, banks, player trading functionality, etc) could use the same inventory functionality.

I don’t know why you would ever tie kind of functionality to another class (like the first person character class), it would only give you limitations, without providing any benefit?

Thing is though, changing now would break backwards compatibility. Not certain if your users are fine with that. Otherwise moving the inventory functionality over to the character class would be the best thing to do.

[=“LowEntry, post:635, topic:8576”]

You could also completely separate the inventory functionality from the character classes all together, and to just have an Inventory class instead. That way, you could have several inventories per character if you wanted to, plus, other objects (NPCs, banks, player trading functionality, etc) could use the same inventory functionality.
[/]

Yes, thats a kind of specialization which usually is adapted to work from a generic inventory, which would be called generically: item holder, then a collection of item holder, each collection would receive a different association as mentioned by LowEntry.

As a thought, since Im not aware how your asset works, it has today a way of use, lets call a known interface for users, you can reestructure everything bellow and will work fine for the user if you dont break that interface, unless it is already compromised in a way which is not possible by design.

Hi. I would like to see a complete TP rpg framework/kit om the markedplace. Hope someone could make one soon;)

Hi, I am making a magical type of game. I am needing Animsets for it. There are a few already which I have bought but they are doing magic with their hands. I am needing an Animset that makes use of a Magic Wand.

I would need it to include Locomotion (with crouch and jump), Attacks, Buffs, Dodges, Rolls, Hit/Impact, Death, Equip/Unequip Animations. All while in a normal (left foot forward and hips turned to the right a bit) stance.

I realize is a bit of a big request. But in comparison to other Animation Packs out there, it should be pretty normal to include all those in the Animset. I hope someone can fulfill request for me. And I thank you a head of time for doing so.

I see many others that seem to be making magical type of games / rpgs that could possibly benefit from an animset like so it may be very profitable to do so.

Anyways, is a final Please and Thank you to anyone who will take up request and make Animset!

Generic Peasant characters!

NPC characters with plain clothing so they fit anywhere from a medieval village to a modern developing-country farm field.

Higher priority to peasant women (because there are currently few woman character options in the marketplace other than “sexy” types)
Higher priority to older peasants (because most human options in the marketplace are young paragons of humanity)

It would take only a material swap and a few props for an older peasant woman character to be used as a witch, a field worker, a wise woman, a seller in a market, a healer, a beggar, an ancient city inhabitant, etc. Generic-older-peasant-woman would be a really useful asset.

Some asset or template where would be base boss fights and so they also easily could replaced with own characters and easily modifable stuff. Also some kind of 3d platformer system like super mario style would be nice

Puzzle games kit to be able to create fun animated memory, picture matching, audio matching, simon says type games.