Marketplace Content - What would you like to see from the community?

[=“MarkcusD, post:597, topic:8576”]

I looked at PLE before but I don’t think it generates terrain so you’re stuck with whatever terrains it comes with (or making your own). I could be wrong. GAIA just looks super simple to use.
[/]

Ok thats right. have alook at thisforums.unrealengine./community/community-content-tools-and-tutorials/89829-world-creator-2-a-procedural-terrain-and-landscape-generator-for-unreal-engine.

Hope for my self it will be realeased next time on Marketplace to combine it with the mentioned systems.

[=“AtomHeartMeddle, post:598, topic:8576”]

I would love to see a first and third person stealth kill mechanic with daggers and different melee weapons. Is already out there? Ive searched but i havent found anything yet
[/]

There are some systems out there with basic stealth kill mechanics but nothing completed.

I want to see a quicktime kill / finisher system like DOOM (2016) that works out of the box.

Also somekind of figter template. Like street /mortal kombat style. Where is character selection, basic hits,controls and basic ai

I’d really like to see multiple dance animations, like the mmd ones. Different dance styles and such. I’d certainly pay for that if they were well .

I’m really desperate for some old - school objects. Especially classic cars form 40’s, 50’s, 60’s. Also outdoor objects that you would see in lawns, and in urban areas.

Code plugin developer .

I would like to know:

• What limitations of blueprint are you currently running into?
  • What functionality can you come up with that currently isn’t achievable with blueprint alone?

[=“LowEntry, post:605, topic:8576”]

Code plugin developer .

I would like to know:

• What limitations of blueprint are you currently running into?
  • What functionality can you come up with that currently isn’t achievable with blueprint alone?
    [/]

Detecting client disconnects and executing log out tasks on the dedicated server.

[=“Rhynedahll, post:606, topic:8576”]

Detecting client disconnects and executing log out tasks on the dedicated server.
[/]

In the GameInstance class you can implement a network failure event, see: ://forums.unrealengine./development-discussion/blueprint-visual-scripting/40768-detect-connect-disconnect-attempts-on-network-in-blueprints?p=416467#post416467

Is that what you’re looking for?

[=“LowEntry, post:607, topic:8576”]

In the GameInstance class you can implement a network failure event, see: ://forums.unrealengine./development-discussion/blueprint-visual-scripting/40768-detect-connect-disconnect-attempts-on-network-in-blueprints?p=416467#post416467

Is that what you’re looking for?
[/]

Thanks. I have looked at that previously and I believe the is that the Server GameInstance and the Client GameInstance are separate and do not replicate. (At least that’s the note that I appended to our game instance.)

I believe what I had read is that that node can be used on the client to deal with a lost connection.

What I want to do is to cause the server, in the case of a connection error, to maintain the player character and controller until logout tasks (save data, mostly) are complete.

I’ll take a look at the node again, as I don’t recall the exact results of my experiments, other than it did not appear to work on the server.

[=“Rhynedahll, post:608, topic:8576”]

Thanks. I have looked at that previously and I believe the is that the Server GameInstance and the Client GameInstance are separate and do not replicate. (At least that’s the note that I appended to our game instance.)

I believe what I had read is that that node can be used on the client to deal with a lost connection.

What I want to do is to cause the server, in the case of a connection error, to maintain the player character and controller until logout tasks (save data, mostly) are complete.

I’ll take a look at the node again, as I don’t recall the exact results of my experiments, other than it did not appear to work on the server.
[/]

Ah, in that case, try using the Logout event in your GameMode class.

The GameMode class only exists on the server, and Login and Logout is just a rewording of Client Connected and Client Disconnected.

[=“LowEntry, post:609, topic:8576”]

Ah, in that case, try using the Logout event in your GameMode class.

The GameMode class only exists on the server, and Login and Logout is just a rewording of Client Connected and Client Disconnected.

[/]

Similarly, iirc, OnLogOut is unsuitable because the PlayerState (where all the data is stored) is already destroyed when it is called.

[=“Rhynedahll, post:610, topic:8576”]

Similarly, iirc, OnLogOut is unsuitable because the PlayerState (where all the data is stored) is already destroyed when it is called.
[/]

Well, in that case, you’ll need to use C++.

I found : ://answers.unrealengine./que…xit-event.html

It basically says that you can try overriding the playercontroller’s PawnLeavingGame function (or perhaps the CleanupPlayerState or OnNetCleanup function) in order to prevent it from deleting the Pawn and/or PlayerState.

By the way, weird though that Epic didn’t add a PreLogout event.

Well anyway, for a blueprint-only fix/hack, you could try to create a map of integer(player ID)=>PlayerState, and then when a player joins (Login event), you could add its PlayerState to that map, and then when the player disconnects (Logout event), you could retrieve the PlayerState from that map again (and remove it from the map).

That way, you should be able to still access the PlayerState during the Logout event (unless it is somehow forcefully memory cleared, but it’s worth trying out I suppose).

[=“LowEntry, post:611, topic:8576”]

Well, in that case, you’ll need to use C++.

I found : ://answers.unrealengine./que…xit-event.html

It basically says that you can try overriding the playercontroller’s PawnLeavingGame function (or perhaps the CleanupPlayerState or OnNetCleanup function) in order to prevent it from deleting the Pawn and/or PlayerState.

By the way, weird though that Epic didn’t add a PreLogout event.

Well anyway, for a blueprint-only fix/hack, you could try to create a map of integer(player ID)=>PlayerState, and then when a player joins (Login event), you could add its PlayerState to that map, and then when the player disconnects (Logout event), you could retrieve the PlayerState from that map again (and remove it from the map).

That way, you should be able to still access the PlayerState during the Logout event (unless it is somehow forcefully memory cleared, but it’s worth trying out I suppose).
[/]

Thanks. I’ll take a look at that. :slight_smile:

It wil Be cool to get some Free Low Poly Assets

A comprehensive realistic rain material and fx product would be very useful to a wide variety of projects I’d imagine. =)

[=“, post:614, topic:8576”]

A comprehensive realistic rain material and fx product would be very useful to a wide variety of projects I’d imagine. =)
[/]

+1 >.< I have tried myself with particle systems with pleasant visual but not pleasant performance, then tried post process but was not cool enough, but performance was great. It is on my list of stuff to do and the only thing I think Im still about to try is to include it as a raymarch simulation together with my Cloudscape system… which in theory performance would cost about the same, since the clouds are already marched and the effect will be part of the same material. I have some tests with lightning and lightning arcs marched already, still need work to sfx placement, tornado evolution is also good enough, still need work on the debris carrying and sfx.

Good idea, I would love to see rain like in Assassins Creed Black Flag for example, where the rain will also rimple/animate the normal maps (see: ?v=U99B31GbrzQ, looks a lot better from the side by the way, see: ://youtu.be/s0HQlTogOWg?t=15).

Aside from that, I think the raindrops itself are a post process effect, although it could be a particle effect, I’m not certain. It’s interesting that they light up when thunder strikes (see: ://youtu.be/EKjddHoqlEg?t=30 at around 0:30).

I think that game did the rain quite well.

Something like would be cool for like 80-120 bucks, but it can’t have too much of a hit on performance of course.

[=“LowEntry, post:616, topic:8576”]

I think the raindrops itself are a post process effect, although it could be a particle effect, I’m not certain. It’s interesting that they light up when thunder strikes
[/]

I have tried both ways and decided to put it aside for now. The scene seems postprocess for sure.

It should be a natural step for me going after these to add to my Clouscape system, but as it is still having a lot of features being added aside from that (based on the game Im developing), Im not yet prepared to put effort on , because it should be as good as the clouds I can model in my system with about same performance with that added, which means add no more than 1ms to the entire scene in Full HD.

Battlefront 2 kamino is a perfect example of the sort of rain system that would be cool to have. Not sure how they handled it, but the performance is pretty good on that map.

are some references.

?v=CWwT34ojPn4

[=“, post:618, topic:8576”]

Battlefront 2 kamino is a perfect example of the sort of rain system that would be cool to have. Not sure how they handled it, but the performance is pretty good on that map.

are some references.

://i.ytimg./vi/4hVEd5i9wNE/maxresdefault.jpg
=CWwT34ojPn4

[/]

Definitely is a great rain system in every detail.