Marketplace Content - What would you like to see from the community?

[=“, post:573, topic:8576”]

@LowEntry

BP Split-screen helper functions:

Can’t change these Split-screen settings in BP at runtime:

1. Toggle “Two player splitscreen layout” Vertical / Horizontal
  2. Toggle ‘Use Split-Screen’ to use multi-player same screen…
    [/]

How about plugin: ://.unrealengine./marketplace/ilocalplayer;

Doesn’t that take care of your requirements, or is that for 3D (one player)? Hard to tell, but I’m guessing it’s meant for 3D (one player) actually.

Anyway, the LE Extended Standard Library has a plugin to enable/disable split screen (something like “Set Split Screen Enabled”).

Lastly, if you want I could add another blueprint to that plugin with which you can select the type of splitscreen you’ll have, the possible splitscreen types are:

1. No split
  2. 2 player horizontal split
  3. 2 player vertical split
  4. 3 Player split with 1 player on top and 2 on bottom
  5. 3 Player split with 1 player on bottom and 2 on top
  6. 4 Player split

[=“, post:576, topic:8576”]

Only saw your edit now! Yes adding that as a would be huge! Thanks in advance dude!
[/]

It shouldn’t be that much work, so it will be added soon (in less than 2 days time).

I’ll post again when it’s .

It is .

I found out that you can’t set the splitscreen type directly, but instead, you can configure what splitscreen type it should have for 2 players (horizontal/vertical) and 3 players (big-top/big-bottom).

When you update the plugin and search for “split screen” you’ll find the new blueprints.

I’ve only tested them in the editor (on windows), I haven’t tested them in a packaged build yet. If you find out they don’t work on a certain platform or build, let me know.

Shopping Mall, Trailer Park, Factory, China Town, A Melee & Shooter package in one (with integration tutorial using a well known project like Generic Shooter, nothing like exist anywhere), L4D2 Style Scoring System (where you score based on progress across a map), L4D2 Style Steam Group Joiner, L4D2 Style Steam Group Servers List on the Main Menu. Plugin that allows you to drop in anims and automatically generates the Blendspace and all for you.

I’d love to see a plugin for procedural grass on static meshes, not just landscapes, with the same exact functionality (masking the areas where grass/foliage need to go). BP solution is doable (using importance sampling), but too slow (already tested).

[=“, post:581, topic:8576”]

I’d love to see a plugin for procedural grass on static meshes, not just landscapes, with the same exact functionality (masking the areas where grass/foliage need to go). BP solution is doable (using importance sampling), but too slow (already tested).
[/]

Seems like that could be using the same rules that the Nav Mesh uses.

[=“, post:579, topic:8576”]

Can’t wait for 4.18 release to hit the marketplace… Thank you so much dude!

[/]

The 4.18 version is now available on the marketplace.

I would like to see some boat asset, where is drivable boat and then maybe also some futuristic vehicle where are weapons attached

I also would love somekind like : ?v=KuZ4nSswQ9w . Kit where is basic ai, animations and also sword and archery weapon. There is several assets where is sword and ai but archery weapon and its animations is missing. Also some kind of GTA style asset would great. Even that kind of asset would be maybe too expensive

More highly detailed cars and boats

[=“jojo8026, post:587, topic:8576”]

More highly detailed cars and boats
[/]

I would like also boat system where they float in ocean. There isn¨t much boat assets. But heist style asset that has many, i would pay even 200-300$

It would be great to have a spell checker plugin. Useful if the game is text-heavy and designers/writers use editor text/dialogue tools.
There’s no point in making another dialogue/quest plugin (there are few of them already), but spell checker would be great :slight_smile:

Code plugin developer .

Spellchecking probably isn’t going to happen, because the only proper way of making it work would be by porting ‘hunspell’ over to UE4 C++, which would be a lot of work (like 5-10 plugins worth of work). Maybe you could try importing the DLLs, but that might not work on all platforms, so doing that in a plugin is a bad idea (but you could try doing that for your own project, since you know what platforms you’ll be exporting to).

Anyway, as always, I would like to know:

• What limitations in blueprint are you currently running into?
  • What functionality can you come up with that currently isn’t achievable with blueprint alone?

And as earlier said GTA/heist style asset would be great, even very complicated to do, but is good example even not coming for sale to marketplace, but is what i would want: ?v=dzRy6VROBmw

Also would like only police pursuit template where simple police car is chasing player, i have made basic car ai, but not pursuit system

I’d love to see (although it may be more along the lines of things with material packs) some much more focused/diverse assets for things ‘every’ game needs, grass, rocks, , dirt paths, snow, etc.

Something like the Gaia extension for (://.assetstore.unity3d./en/#!/content/42618).

[=“MarkcusD, post:595, topic:8576”]

Something like the Gaia extension for (://.assetstore.unity3d./en/#!/content/42618).
[/]

Have you searched the Marketplace for LAM(Landscape Auto Material) or PLE (Porcedural Landscape Ecosystem)?? They can do though and with some tweaks i think can place buildings etc too.

You never get what you need out of the box.

[=“theevil128, post:596, topic:8576”]

Have you searched the Marketplace for LAM(Landscape Auto Material) or PLE (Porcedural Landscape Ecosystem)?? They can do though and with some tweaks i think can place buildings etc too.

You never get what you need out of the box.
[/]

I looked at PLE before but I don’t think it generates terrain so you’re stuck with whatever terrains it comes with (or making your own). I could be wrong. GAIA just looks super simple to use.

I would love to see a first and third person stealth kill mechanic with daggers and different melee weapons. Is already out there? Ive searched but i havent found anything yet