Marketplace 4.10 content updates requested

I’m in the same boat. I sent in a bug fix for one of my packs and an updated description last week, and they haven’t been added either. I’m hoping they will get to them this week.

+1 from me.(11/12)

Hi guys!

We do see that a lot of you have submitted your updates and we are getting these out as soon as we can. We appreciate everyone’s quick response in getting us their 4.10 content. A good portion of you should hear back from us this week that your content has been updated. If you do not, and you haven’t heard anything from us saying we’ve got your content and it’s in the update queue, please feel free to message us here so we can set things right. As always if there are any questions please don’t hesitate to ask us.

Thanks,

Stephanie

The two fellas above me have theirs updated and they were responding to my post in regards to my packages not being updated. I have not gotten a direct statement that my assets were received. I had this same exact problem last month and it seems to be happening all over again. The policy is we must get updates in by 10 days after new engine releases. I did it within hours and now we are a week from release and my packages are STILL not updated. Not even a response to my marketplace-support emails. If I sound frustrated it is because I am. Each day is a day customers may look at the asset and see I am not up to date with my content. As you can see in other threads posted consumers are very upset that packages are not updated. So far it is 25% of the month’s sales period that my assets are simply not up-to-date with the current release. That is lost revenue and possibly poor goodwill shown to consumers that I do not update my packages.

If this was the first time I probably wouldn’t be so upset, but I went through it the last engine release.

Hey Osok, mine actually still hasn’t been updated. I submitted a bug fix and updated description last Thursday/Friday. I shot a PM to Stephanie as she suggested. Hopefully it won’t be long now. =)

You do raise a good point about the ten days though. I understand Epic wanting to do this for developers who don’t feel obligated to update their content, but it seems like legitimate developers are getting caught in there as well. The marketplace is larger than ever, and it takes a long time for the team to sort through updates, submissions and other matters related to its operation. Unfortunately when these delays occur, the content developer is the one who catches the flak from the community because they automatically assume if the content isn’t updated ASAP, or within the ten days then the developer abandoned the content. I’m not sure what the solution to this is, but its something I’ve noticed across the forums since 4.9.

Ah my bad, I was going by yours stating 4.10 compatibility. It seems like it is an entirely different update you are looking for.

No worries. I also just added more to my initial post, agreeing with your thoughts on the ten days policy as it relates to delays.

Hey Osok,

That is an excellent point you raise and we do apologize you’ve been put in this position. The Marketplace team will talk today about this particular aspect of the policy and see if we can adjust this portion of the policy so that it is more reasonable for you guys and doesn’t leave you in this kind of situation. We’re also still working on our internal process to try to get these faster but for right now we don’t have a solid ETA on that.

As you guys know the Marketplace grew a LOT in the past few months between 4.8 and now, 4.10. So our update policies did have to adjust to try to accommodate that and unfortunately these adjustments aren’t without their growing pains. That being said we don’t want you guys in a situation where you catch flak from your buyers for normal delay times. So with that in mind, we’re going to make an adjustment on our expectation of update time and what the expectation should be publicly to see an update. We’ll have more information on that for you guys as we discuss it and come up with a better solution.

I do want you guys to know that we do appreciate when you guys bring situations like this to our attention. The Marketplace is still growing so our policies are still adjusting. Bringing issues like this to us help show where we need to adjust to make the policies fair to you and to your buyers and what we need to change on our end to make sure the expectations we set are reasonable for you guys. As always if there are questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Stephanie

I’m on mobile, and it seems my post got deleted by accident. I did grab a screenshot though.

I wanted to edit and that’s why ingot deleted but I wanted to say we can change the description, add files and change pictures. All of it.

Hey Osok,

No worries, like I said, we like to hear where you guys are running into issues so we can work to make improvements. We’ll bring your suggestion forward and see if that’s something we can work towards. Thank you guys for being so patient. If you have any questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Absolutely. I know this isn’t something you all intended. As always I do appreciate your openness to feedback, it’s what makes working with the marketplace team so great!

What do you think about us having direct access?

IIRC reaction was positive on this feature and he said it will be in development after basic functional of Seller portal will be made.

Hey Stephanie,

Actually I have one question… Are you new Marketplace curator? :slight_smile: Or new one will arrive soon? Or no more Marketplace curator?

Thanks!

I am the point of contact for Marketplace but not the curator.

Make it compatible all pack of Marketplace with UnrealEngine 4.10
Thanks a lot.

<< Didn’t get an email when 4.10 was released.
Hopefully that wont be the case for 4.11

Where’s the Substance plug-in for 4.10 please?

Cheers

Didnt get an email either.

Also, didnt hear back for the 4.10 update of my package, Ticketnumber is 30942.

Hi,

I submitted my pack to market place.
I got this message"

I’m happy to report that your submission has passed our review process! Right now we’re getting your content prepared and scheduled for release. We’ll be contacting you in about a week with your details for release! Please let me know if you have any questions.

And then I got this message:
Hi. I just wanted to inform you that your pack is staged and ready. We’ll notify you of your release date within a week. Thanks and welcome to the marketplace!

I have been waiting for the answer more than a week. I wrote a message to marketplace but I haven’t got any news yet. I am curious how to know my release date?