Many creative maps are not available to players from Russia

For some unknown reason i lost 75% of maps i had in my featured list. Includes Raider’s mechanics training map v4, Martoz turtle ffa etc. Every Russian player i asked has the same issue. Entering the valid map code does not work, they don’t show up in recent played, and even if you have the map set in your lobby, it will be blank and still will not show up. No matter what i do, i don’t see those maps. The big question is: IS THIS INTENTIONAL?

Hey comrade emerald,

Yes this would be intentional, the last update made all maps that are unrated with the new rating system unlisted/unpublished until creators successfully fill out the iARC rating form for thier maps

I confirm this. Many cards are not available exclusively to Russian players.
A friend in a different region (Turkey) has most of the cards available, but I still don’t.

Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!
For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: Using the Creative and UEFN Bug Reporting Form

This is not intentional, Fortnite BR is 12+ in Russia with violence tag. IARC form is incorrect.

4 Likes

UCB-1083 incident has been created. Status is ‘Awaiting Validation’.

Here are BR ratings:

2 Likes

The issue is that the Russian regulator through the IARC form almost always rates a game as 16+ if it has any combat in it, which means it is made unavailable in Russia as it exceeds the game base rating of 12+.

I don’t know why but it’s just about impossible to get a 12 rating in Russia for a creative map that features combat or violence while still answering the questions correctly.

Believe me, it’s not ideal for creators as well as we lose a huge number of potential players, but I think it’s not something Epic Games has any control over as it’s IARC’s domain.

1 Like

Well its a little odd that BR gets a 12+ then eh?

2 Likes

True