Making a score / currency system for multiplayer

Hello,

I’m currently trying to make a multiplayer score system for my game and would appreciate some insight on how I’d go about making it.

In a level all players score will start at 0, and for every object a player breaks I want to increase their individual score based on that object, and I’ll show this using a widget on the players screen. If the player dies before the level ends, I want to set their individual score back to 0, and if they successfully win the level I want to combine each players score and save it to be used as a currency when not inside the actual levels (at a home base), then repeat this process each time they start a new level.

I’ve watched many tutorials on how to achieve this, and I’m unsure about where this score system should be stored for this to work. In my first test I made the score system in the player state and it almost worked as intended, but I’m not sure if this is being done correctly. Please let me know if anyone has ideas on how this can be done properly or if any more information is needed. Thanks!