Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Try Medium build settings, not preview

Hello everyone.

I have an issue in my light build introduced when I began adding LODs to my scene. I am aware that this is a limitation of GPULightmass, however my LOD’d meshes have black splotches on them due to LOD1 poking out of LOD0.

This is very problematic because I am working on a project that requires me to use LODs and unfortuntely going back to CPULightmass will increase my light build times exponentially.

As such, is there a work-around for this problem? Is this problem ever going to be addressed?

I am using UE 4.26 and the respective GPULightmass version.

Thank you.

P.S. - I have tried to see if I can reuse the Lightmap of LOD0 for the rest of the imported LODs (eg. LOD1, 2, etc.) but Unreal does not seem to support this. The built-in LOD generator however reuses the Lightmaps used in LOD0 for the rest of the generated LODs, which fixes the issue. This however is not optimal for my use-case scenario as I am REQUIRED to use imported LODs.

Hello, how can I make sure that Unreal uses the GPU lightmass? I replaced the engine folder, but it still starts the normal light building. Also, I did try the lightmass configurater. Im using the latest Nvidia driver 461 and a Asus Rog 2070.

GPU lightmass just calculates 1 lightmap - for lod0, none for the lod1, 2 etc. So when using lods, the lightmap layout has exactly to be the same (aka triangles are just ‘missing’ from the uv layout when going from lod0 to lod1). If you re-arrange the uv layout for lod1, lod2 etc the new layout will just refer to the wrong position because the lightmap layout = uv lightmap channel in lod0.

Copied the engine folder in the wrong Epic Games folder. Working now :slight_smile:

Ok… been asking and no one seems to know. Have you guys ported over a map/level of anything that’s been baked with gpulightmass to a android device successfuly? I’m on 4.26 and no matter what I do I get the “lightmass need to he rebuild message” and the map has these heavy noise specks everywhere where there isn’t much light. On the pc it looks flawless with no errors. But porting it to Android does not work due to my complaint. Have you guys had any success? Follow this link to see pics of what I’m talking about.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/android-development/1855626-any-idea-why-gpulightmass-looks-like-this-on-android

Hi Guys,

Can Any One Please Help, Its My First Time Using Gpu Lightmass 4.26 And When Starting The Light Bake Process From Build Light Only, It Gives Me An Error (Invalid Device Symbol) . And It Stops Baking The Light,
And When I attempt To Bake It From Gpu Light Mass Dialog Box, There Is A Message That It Requires Ray Tracing To Be Enabled, Knowing That I Have Enabled It From Project Settings,

Iam Running UR4.26, Nvidia Quadro k4200, Two Processors Intel Xeon x5675

The Quadro K4200 is too old I’m afraid. You need an RTX20XX or higher for the Epic GPU Lightmass to work (you’re showing the Epic GPU lightmass menu in the pic). You could try the GPU lightmass plugin from this topic. Its the older - original GPU lightmass plugin from the same dev (he works now for Epic) I guess that ‘old’ plugin could work.

GPU Lightmass is not working with the newest update 4.26.1

Same issue. GP Lightmas 4.26.0 not working on 4.26.1. Now i have installed 4.26.1, I can`t come back to 4.26.0. Any idea to fix it?

Greetings! 4.26.1 after update does not start with GPU

Yeah, will there be an update for 4.26.1?

Older gpus are supported too, including the GTX10XX series and the GTX 1660.

Same mistake… I downloaded the new version, and my project don’t run on this correctly without the GPU lightmass modified… I’m feeling like a newbie ahah
I hope the new GPU come early…

Does anyone know the usual timeframe for the update to be released?

GPU Lightmass 4.26.1

Download binaries

Source code

2 Likes

Thank you very much Pax!

If you want, or need it, you can make a mini tutorial simply recording how you compile it, so other users can do it too, if you are a little tired.

Best regards!

HM any reason my GTX 950 wouldn’
t work, in any capacity ? I do want to UP as as soon as I can ofc but that won’t be real soon ( put together a new newegg rig , everything but new gpu :wink: ) .

thx

I said including the GTX10XX series and the GTX 1660, unfortunately not any older (Which is total bull#&*! but I guess that’s just how it is. Atleast dx12.2 is coming soon ish i think)

Right, well I was asking based on very first page by OP that < 10XX are allegedly supposed to work, tho he doesn’t say
WHICH ones that are < . ;)(