Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Disable “Compress Lightmaps” in World Settings

GPU Lightmass 4.26.0

Download binaries

Source code

2 Likes

New lm is use the path tracer and path tracer much much quality the ray tracing and of course slow. İ dont understand why loushang is the best for you?

You are my hero! Thanks!!!

OH GOD YES! Thank you so much!

Naaaaaaah…
You rrrrrock !!! Master of The Universe! .

Thank you!

does it fork for u on 4.26 ?
i get this error:

Screenshot_4.png

Does anyone know how to fix this weird shadow bug?. I’m sure it’s not the lightmap’s bug. Thanks

This is my first time installing this. When i replace the Engine folder the launcher wants to repair the engine. Is this normal?

This is my first time installing this. When i replace the Engine folder the launcher wants to repair the engine. Is this normal?

What GPU are you using? I have the same artifacts on 2080ti. But on my home PC with 1080ti there are no problems

Are you using Stationary lights instead of Static?

My GPU is RTX 3080. Before that i used 2080 also had the same situation.

I have tried both but still get the above error. Black streaks move from one position to another

I used to get this error with earlier versions. Just delete the light and create a new one, then bake again.

How are you guys? A doubt.
I am having 1 month having problems with cudaCheckError: out of memory.
Also in Unreal 4.26 new gpu render … without memory.

What is my limit that I can render? How can I find out what is in excess? I’ve tried everything. (TDA, unreal in cmd to render, 1k textures).
If I share (swarm) the process with another notebook (same configuration) can I circumvent this lack of memory?

[FONT=Courier New]Intel Core i7-9750h, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX 2060 NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 [FONT=Courier New]Skylight import processing 1.724s with CubemapSize 2048
FStaticLightingSystem started using GKDOPMaxTrisPerLeaf: 4
Number of texture mappings: 6454
Number of static mesh instance mappings: 6454
Scene surface area calculated at 19211.600 million units (6.714% of the estimated 286131.531 million units)
Importance volume surface area calculated at 678.918 million units
Collision Mesh Overview:
Num Triangles : 13134666
MeshInfos : 0.5Mb
UVs : 82.8Mb
LightmapUVs : 82.8Mb
Embree Used Memory : 964.0Mb
EmitDirectPhotons complete, 0.918 million photons emitted in 0.2 seconds
Built photon segment map in 0.0 seconds
EmitIndirectPhotons complete, 3.259 million photons emitted in 1.0 seconds
Marking Irradiance Photons complete, 0.117 million photons marked in 0.1 seconds
Caching Irradiance Photons complete, 53.814 million cache samples in 136.8 seconds
Calculate Irradiance Photons complete, 0.094 million irradiance calculations in 10.4 seconds
Radiosity Setup 2711.2s

The new GPU lightmass build for 4.26 works nicely. For testing purposes, I also enable Epics GPU lightmass & rhi12 & raytracing in the same project. I get quite some crashes due to this combo when trying to play the level. Does this error make sense to you? GpuLightmass related OR Epics new GPU lightmass related OR maybe just the combo?‘’
Edit; disabling Epics new plugin, rhi back to default and no raytrace = no crashes for the last hour.
Edit2: when reverting to a clean Epic Launcher build, no crashes. Must be the combo somehow.

Assertion failed: (void*)((&ElementData[InstanceIndex]) + 1) <= (void*)(InstanceTransformDataPtr + CurrentSize) [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\StaticMeshResources.h] [Line: 1618]

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Renderer
UE4Editor_Renderer
UE4Editor_Renderer
UE4Editor_Renderer
UE4Editor_Renderer
UE4Editor_Renderer
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Hey everyone! First of all, thanks for this amazing tool! It’s a huge time saver! However, I’ve been scracthing my head over this problem and I can’t find a solution. I’ve spent hours reading this thread, trying different settings, but I can’t figure out what’s causing these red splotches everywhere:

Anyone has any pointers? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

So, I figured out what was the problem. Turns out that the baker wasn’t recognizing my skybox, since I enabled “Is Sky?” in the material flags. When I turned this off, the red splotches were almost gone, but I was still getting some. After realizing that the hole at the bottom of my custom dome was exposed to the void, I realized that these “rogue” splotches were being spawned from there. After completely encapsulating the dome, and changing the FireflyThreshold option to 10, I got a perfect bake! Here’s how the scene looks like now:

Thank you so much for this amazing tool!

2 Likes