Luoshuang's GPULightmass

omg
I apologize for my stupidity. How do I use it now?))
Before there was an archive with two folders, which had to be replaced in the directory of the installed engine. And now?
This is my first time with and I don’t understand

Getting up and running

The steps below take you through cloning your own private fork, then compiling and running the editor yourself:

Windows

1. Install a Git client like for Windows, then **[fork and clone our repository]…
    etc.
    am I correct in assuming that this is now the installation manual?

Hi @maxxx3d,

Download Git Bash/Git CMD from Git - Downloading Package for Windows 10

Follow instructions from README.md
Unreal 5.1.1
UnrealEngine-5/README.md at GPULightmass-5.1.1-vs2022 · jimshalo10/UnrealEngine-5 (github.com)
extracted below

When you have downloaded this repository using Git CMD
UPDATE TO 5.1.1 21st February 2023

git clone https://.com/jimshalo10/UnrealEngine-5.git -b Luoshuangs-GPULightmass-5.1.1-vs2022

Older version
$ git clone https://.com/jimshalo10/UnrealEngine-5.git -b Luoshuangs-GPULightmass-50x-vs2022

$ ren UnrealEngine-5 ue5Lgpu

$ cd ue5Lgpu

$ setup.bat

$ GenerateProjectFiles.bat -2022

$ REm make changes so the file looks like below

$ notepad Engine\Saved\UnrealBuildTool\BuildConfiguration.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
 <Configuration xmlns="https://www.unrealengine.com/BuildConfiguration">
   <ProjectFileGenerator>
     <Format>VisualStudio2022</Format>
   </ProjectFileGenerator>
 </Configuration>

Right click UE5.sln and select “Open With” → “Microsoft Visual Studio 2022”

When the Repository has opened in VS 2022.
Right Click UE5 and select “Set As Startup Project”

Right, Click and Select “Build”, after a successful build.

In Solution Explorer, scroll down to Programs, then UnrealLightMass, Right Click and Select “Build”, after a successful build.

To get full Crash dump reporting scroll to CrashReporting, Right Click and Select “Build”, after a successful build.

To start to debug from the Menu Debug → “Start Without Debugging”

When you start to run the project the Shaders will need to compile for the first use at about 45% and the performance of your machine will affect the speed

when update ’s GPU Lightmass for 5.0.2 ?

thanks!

at my own risk I tried to install version 5.0.1 and so far it works

Hi @phylcom,
If you want to upgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.0.3

its now called Luoshuangs-GPULightmass-50x-vs2022

I have updated the post above
's GPULightmass - Unreal Engine / Rendering - Unreal Engine Forums

I personally would recommend you re-install the latest version now at 5.0.3 to another directory and rebuild as there is so much that has changed over 4000 patches.

When I get a new version I back up the old version to a hard disk and download the new version to NVRAM/SSD.

Hi please make same like this for UE 5.0.3 it will be great help u can do so.

@ Please make GPU Lightmass for UE 5.0.2 Installation same as old way. Thank you.

Hi @3darchstuffs.com,
@ code already works with 5.0.3.

I have used the 5.0.1 code in the post on working 5.0.3 version
's GPULightmass - 5.0.3

GPU Lightmass 5.0.2

Download

Source code

10 Likes

OMG Lovely Thank You so MUCH. Really Appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hi, i wanted to install ’s GPULightmass on ZeroDensity’s “Reality Editor 4.27” since its basically Unreal 4.27 but with custom plugins.

I tried to install “’s GPULightmass” but it crashed on opening a Project.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

But i get this error message:

Hey guys. I have a little doubt about nanite and baked light… I mean, it is possible use both together? Or nanite is just for dynamic light only? Thanks in advance

Hi @michaelmonte,
I tried converting only one of the static meshes to Nanite. Then “Building Lighting”. The Progress screen ran and was completed, the interesting thing is that when built including Nanite, the Dedicate GPU memory usage went down and the video memory exhausted message disappeared.

This is just like the Epic Sun Temple, an example which was baked and was just as good using Nanite. The real problem will be when you up the resolution and use Lumen extensively

2 Likes

Hi @Jimbohalo10
Why in UE5, after installing Lightmass, when clicking on Build, nothing happens? Do I need to change something additionally in the project settings?

Hi @Nick_Tarasov

I think you will need to build Llightmass
From

Unreal 5.1.1
UnrealEngine-5/README.md at GPULightmass-5.1.1-vs2022 · jimshalo10/UnrealEngine-5 (github.com)

In Solution Explorer, scroll down to Programs, then UnrealLightMass, Right Click and Select "Build", after a successful UE5 build.

Obviously, you can Right click using “Rebuild” as in the picture below.

@Jimbohalo10 Sorry, maybe I expressed myself inaccurately. I wrote about light baking in UE5.
I have UE 5.0.2. and I installed Lightmass 5.0.2. from your zip archive. When i press Build lighting button, nothing happens. Perhaps you need to make additional settings inside the UE?

Hi @Nick_Tarasov,
I think you might not have got Swarm set up to work with Lightmass as in the picture below

This should be seen in the Windows icon bottom right

UnrealLightmass will start Swarm when you click Build Lighting

@Jimbohalo10
Thanks for the answer. But when i click on BuildLighting in 5.0.2, nothing happens, including the Swarm Agent does not start. In 4.27 I don’t have such a problem, the building works fine