Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Hello guys, am facing a problem with 's GPULightmass and Quixel Megascans. If I increase the light map resolution I get black spots. I import - export the same model in blender and this time i looks ok. I am using Rtx 3090.

Can you Please update it for 4.26.1 ?
I’m using an old GPU and if you update it, I will be very Glad.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have the time to maintain, as this was just a side project on my spare time.

Here is my Patreon page in case you want to donate. If there is enough interest and support, I’ll do an update over the weekend to the latest version.

1 Like

@ Thanx for all updates in the GPU Lightmass binaries you are the best.
Yesterday my engine updated ti versio 4.26.2. Can you upload GPU Lightmass for this version.
Thanx in advanced.

3 Likes

GPU Lightmass 4.26.2

Download binaries

Source code

8 Likes

Any news about build for 4.26.2?

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for the upload!
Just tested it and I got this. (Image Attached)
Has anyone had this issue?

Please let know.
Thanks!

Thanks a lot!
Any idea how I change quality settings with this build? Before I would change it in a prompt like program.
How do you do it for this version?

You need to go to your UE installation folder and under Engine>Config you will find a file called BaseLightmass.ini. Open it, scroll down to the bottom and you will see GPU lightmass settings. Change the first two values with power-of-two numbers. 64-32, 128-32, 128-64 are usually good pairs.

1 Like

Solved!

:pray: thank you!

Thanx for your efficient response and great work. Keep up saving lives hahaha. :fist: :muscle:

This could probably help Newbies in GPU Lightmass.

• Open the file BaseLightmass.ini located in your UE version in the folder Engine/Config
    Example: “D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini”

• Scroll to the end and find NumPrimaryGISamples and NumSecondaryGISamples

• Change values for Quality:

Preview
NumPrimaryGISamples=16
NumSecondaryGISamples=8

Medium
NumPrimaryGISamples=32
NumSecondaryGISamples=16

High
NumPrimaryGISamples=64
NumSecondaryGISamples=32

Extreme
NumPrimaryGISamples=128
NumSecondaryGISamples=64

Special Thanx to @Luoshang and @ they´ve been making our job much easier this years, keep up the good work :fist: :muscle:

3 Likes

This could probably help Newbies in GPU Lightmass.

• Open the file BaseLightmass.ini located in your UE version in the folder Engine/Config
    Example: “D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini”
  • Scroll to the end and find NumPrimaryGISamples and NumSecondaryGISamples
  • Change values for Quality:

Preview
NumPrimaryGISamples=16
NumSecondaryGISamples=8

Medium
NumPrimaryGISamples=32
NumSecondaryGISamples=16

High
NumPrimaryGISamples=64
NumSecondaryGISamples=32

Extreme
NumPrimaryGISamples=128
NumSecondaryGISamples=64

Special Thanx to @Luoshang and @ they´ve been making our job much easier this years, keep up the good work :fist: :muscle:

4 Likes

Any idea why the built in GPU bake of 4.26 is so much worse than Luoshang’s?

Built in gpu bake

Luoshangs (dont mind the temperature changes thats post)

But you can clearly see that one is crappy (and that is with settings bumped to a maximum) and the other is clean and smooth…

What was it? Im getting that in one of my scenes too.

people. ue4 has native gpu baker. you don’t need this “mod” anymore.

Install script updated for 4.24.3, 4.25.4, and 4.26.2

Releases · sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration (.com)

You can use the script to change quality settings on the fly, no need to restart UE4 or mess with ini files.

If you use it, and want to support the work to keep it up to date, please drop by my patreon:

3 Likes

Can you Please update it for 4.26.1 ?
I’m using an old GPU and if you update it, I will be very Glad.

Updated to 4.26.2. It was also updated to fix some minor bugs and remove unused code.

The latest version has a few different files to backup than previous versions, so make sure you re-create your backup (option 1). If you currently have GPU lightmass installed without the script, I encourage to do a “UE4 validation” to restore CPU lightmass before using the Installer, so it can take a clean backup.